Building a Website....

Jaimie

Retired
can anyone help....i want to build a nice one, but i don't know any good places to get web hosting, i have one at aa, but don't know how to use it, and i don't know how to build or use html....can anyone help? :thinking: (n)

well when it comes to basics I'm not too bad, but if you're looking for something very advanced. I'm probably not the best to ask.

What kind of website are you making?

You can check out my website Hereif you want an idea of how much I know.

Let me know if I can help

use xanga....u can come up with pretty sites...like if u go to mine xanga.com/nancee_o0
i got that from juss typing out stuff :smiley:

if u want the html coding, use microsoft front page ;) i generates the stuff u want, juss put it in..

404 | Xanga

take a look at this then...not one of her best layouts...but of course karen must totally change the actual look of xanga...

I don't use Dreamweaver (only know of it), but when you're done building a page, most likely you could just save your document as a .htm or .html page. After you save it, upload it.

Ooh... I'm playing around with Dreamweaver too, I have the 30 trial. If you have a webhost that allows you to make HTML pages, then in Dreamweaver get it to show you the HTML behind it and copy that into your webhost. It's actually really simple. Thats what I do when I use parts of images as links and can't do it with the HTML i know.

Also, the HTML tutorial that like every professional learns from is at
http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Inter...LPrimerAll.html, if you're willing to try that.

this is sooo complicated...I am really confused just looking at you guys writing stuff.......there go my hopes of ever building a site. lol. I'd be lost the moment I started...

Nah, it's easy enough to learn HTML. The problem is, I'm trying to learn other languages and do other stuff (CSS, PHP, MySQL, Javascript) and those are much more complicated. HTML is a good place to start- you can make pretty good sites without them being very complicated.

i use frontpage for the look cos i'm a lazy person, but i use notepad too. mine is here. I used to be on Freewebs, but i got hosted. For HTML help, theres lissaexplains or javascipt.internet.com

bubbletea said:
Nah, it's easy enough to learn HTML. The problem is, I'm trying to learn other languages and do other stuff (CSS, PHP, MySQL, Javascript) and those are much more complicated. HTML is a good place to start- you can make pretty good sites without them being very complicated.
i've pretty much got the idea of PHP but it still is confusing. i use premade codes for PHP.

I don't know anything about Dreamweaver.....but I would suggest htmlgoodies.com for tutorials and stuff and bravenet.com is good too for hosting-I think it comes with free forums and stuff...not sure, I'm hosted elsewhere, but I still use my account there for finding scripts. :smiley:

Yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing. I just wanted to ask out of the free website builders, is there one where you can use your own background, have pics, etc?