cartilage piercings

ok i jus got my cartilage pierced and i jus wanted to kno a few things. does anyone else have it pierced? wat am i supposed to do when i shower? am i supposed to cover it up or somethig so the shampoo wont get on it? can i go swimming too? i play softball so is that gona be a problem when i put on my helmet.

i have a couple friends who have their cartilage pierced. hmm...i think they were fine to shower. i don't think you need to cover it up. same with swimming. and i think you should be fine with your helmet too.

but i'm not too sure. i just don't think my friends had any of those problems. maybe you shouldn't swim right away though.

yea i wasnt plannin on goin swimmin anytime soon, but i am goin in a few weeks to the beach n the pool. and yes a cartilage piercing in ur ear(high up in ur ear higher than reg ear piercing).

well the girls on my softball team have to put bandaids or tape on theirs when they play, because we're not allowed to wear jewellery since it's dangerous. I'd recommend covering it when you play, the helmets can smack into it and it can really hurt, among other things. My coach said he saw one girl who didn't cover it and it got caught on something or other and the whole top of her ear came off. ::eek:uch::

yea i should have explained it more. its the one in ur ear. yea i kno i have to cover it up, but im jus worried that its gonna hurt..

my sister has hers pierced and she never covered it up when she took a shower and it was fine!! i wouldnt worry about it when you swim or anything!! but when you play sports you may want to cover it up incase it gets hit or soemthing!! but other than that i think you are fine!!

Not to put you off, but I got my cartilage done and I've had murder with it, so in the end I took it out and let it close up. It got sort of infected and swollen, I couldn't get the earing out and when I tried, it got more swollen and bled a lot, okay I'm sorry I'm probably making you worried, but my mate got her's done and her's was absolutely fine! :D

Kara said:
My coach said he saw one girl who didn't cover it and it got caught on something or other and the whole top of her ear came off. ::eek:uch::
Lol, every coach/gym teacher says that.

I´ve three ear piercings (lobule) in left ear and one in right ear, I make it two when I born and other two when I have 14 years old and I never had any problem, even I sleep with earrings but they are small, if I put a big earrings I remove it for sleep. I cannot live without earrings :lol:

But I make it a Cartilage Piercing 4 years ago and I had to remove it because infected it

well, with a piercing there's always a risk of infection. i know one of my roommates got a navel piercing but her navel totally rejected it and now her skin looks disgusting.

but just because it happens to a few people doesn't mean it'll happen to you. :smiley: everyone has their horror stories and i don't know why we feel compelled to share them like i just did. ;) i'm sure you'll be fine though. :smiley:

i need hlep with this question. while i was in the shower, i remembered that the lady that pierced my ear told me not to get shampoo n conditioner in my ear. i try not to, but its hard. any advice?

Back