Change Your Mind

So great! I love it!! Actually, the pregnancy was kind of unexpected, but still exciting! And, I think with morning sickness, you are only sick for a few minutes at one point during the day. I don't think it keeps you from eating. In the third trimester (I'm not sure on that) is when you get wierd cravings. I think your sense of smell is heightened when you get pregnant, and that makes you a little nauseous, but it's not everything. Just, FYI. But I'm loving this story! It makes me sad that I don't have time to read during the week, but it makes the weekend a heck of a lot better! Great job!

Thank you Janet :hug: , I will try to do this afternoon, just a question what is the password thing? I can't figure it out :lol: , I'm slow and yesterday I was having what my friends call my 'blond moment' :blush:

Sydney should listen to what Nadia says because she knows what she is talking about. Vaughn will eventually grow tired of waiting and decide to find someone who wants to marry him

(like it's gonna happen :whistle:)

Chapter 23

To celebrate her pregnancy, Nadia invited Sydney, Michael and her mother over to her house for dinner. This gave Sydney and Nadia’s mother the chance to meet Michael formally for the first time. Their meeting went well even if Michael was ambushed with it slightly (Sydney hadn’t informed him before the dinner that her mother would be there).

A few days after the dinner, Sydney was sitting up in Michael’s bed reading one of her parenting books and waiting for Michael to join her. Before he could, though, he received a phone call. When he hung up, he flopped back on the bed and groaned loudly, “I’m screwed.”

“Why?” Sydney asked, setting her book aside.

“Well, tomorrow’s the last day of school, right? At least for the kids it is. Anyway, we’re having this big party, but we were supposed to have a few parents come in and help. Well, this morning one mother said she couldn’t come, but I was like ‘oh that’s alright, we still have two others coming in’ – wrong. That was another one of the mothers. She can’t come because one of her other children is really sick. Hence, I am screwed,” he explained with another groan.

“You can’t do the party thing without help?” Sydney asked.

“Not really. I was planning on having all these stations for the kids to go to… oh,” he said in a slightly hopeful tone as he sat up. “You’re taking off work tomorrow aren’t you?”

“Why…,” she said suspiciously. He smiled innocently at her. “Michael…”

“Please, please, please, please, please, please,” he repeated as he crawled over to her and began kissing the palm of her hand and then the back of her hand and then all the way up her arm. “It’ll only be until noon and I really, really could use your help. Please?”

“Fine,” she groaned, unable to resist his begging. “What, exactly, will I be doing?”

“A little station where the kids will make pine cone bird feeders to take with them and hang in their backyards this summer,” Michael told her.

“Michael, I’m not crafty; you know I’m not crafty,” Sydney told him.

“Yeah, but it’s real easy. You just gotta roll it in peanut butter and then roll it in the seeds. That’s it. Besides,” he said as he put an arm around her, “this will give you practice for when you do crafts with our baby.”

“Oh no, no, no, no. That’s why it’s our baby. You do crafts with it and I’ll… breast feed it,” she told him.

He laughed. “Yeah, that’s an even trade.”

“Well, it was the only thing I knew I could do off the top of my head,” she laughed.

Michael leaned over and kissed her softly. “You’re gonna have a blast.”

“Yeah,” she rolled her eyes, “if the little munchkins don’t kill me first – oh god wait, I have to get up at the asscrack of dawn like you, don’t I?” Michael cringed slightly and nodded. “Fine,” Sydney grumbled as she slid out of bed.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“Home. I’m going to get as much sleep as I possibly can including the five minutes I’ll save walking between your apartment and mine,” she told him. He rolled his eyes at her.

~*~

The next morning, Michael drove a very sleepy Sydney with him to work. Instead of wearing her typical business suit (of which she only had two left that fit her, yet she still refused to buy new clothes), Sydney wore a pair of black elastic waist pants with a t-shirt. Michael had warned her that she needed to dress comfortably since she’d be sitting on the floor with the children and of course, she whined at this.

Upon arriving at the school, Michael took Sydney to the office so she could sign in and get a guest pass. She then followed him to his classroom, where she was amazed by all the bulletin boards covered in decorations and informational things. “Did you do all this?” she asked as she began to examine everything.

“Well, I organized it. Obviously some of it is stuff the kids did, but… yeah, I did some,” he told her.

“Impressive,” she smiled at him before walking over to his desk and plopping herself down in Michael’s comfy desk chair.

“You’re stealing my chair?”

“I’m having your baby.”

“Touché,” he laughed. “But I could use your help if you don’t mind. I gotta move some of these tables around before the kids get here.”

They’d just finished arranging the tables when the first of the students arrived. Sydney retreated behind Michael’s desk as she watched them all file in, some with their parents in tow. They were all very excited since it was the last day of school and they were running around the classroom, which made Sydney slightly nervous. The two other parents who would be helping that day walked over to Sydney and introduced themselves, asking who she was. Sydney quickly told them that she was Michael’s girlfriend, wanting to uphold Michael’s good character by not saying, ‘Oh I’m the chick having his baby’.

Once all the students had arrived, Michael collected them all together in the center of the room and introduced the three helpers, including Sydney, to them. He then went on to explain what they would be doing that day. Sydney had an immensely dorky grin on her face the whole time she was watching him speak to the class. Listening to Michael talk about how much he loved his work was one thing, but seeing it first hand was quite another. It was obvious that he reveled in what he did and Sydney couldn’t help but enjoy it by watching him enjoying it so much.

Sydney had to admit that the day wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. True, she had some difficulties with her craft at first, being that the kindergartners were doing it better than she was, but by the end of craft time, she was actually having fun. Though being a teacher was far from being the profession for her, she could certainly see why Michael enjoyed it so much.

At noon, she watched Michael say goodbye to each and every one of his students. Some gave him hugs, others merely waved, but she could tell that each and every goodbye was difficult for him. Finally, when they were the only two people left in the classroom, Sydney walked over to Michael and gave him a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks,” he sighed into her shoulder. “It’s always sad to watch them go.”

“I know,” Sydney smiled at him. “I’m sad and I was only here four hours!”

He laughed. “So you had fun?”

“I had a blast – not that I want to do it again tomorrow,” she assured him.

“Right,” he said, “but I’m glad you had fun.”

Sydney lowered her hands to the tiny bump on her belly before saying, “me too.”

I wonder what Sydney is going to think the moment she'll hold their little munchkin in her arms.

I hope Vaughn's not going to make the mistake and ask her to marry him during labor... unless she says yes that is :lol:

:angelic: awesome!!! I hate the end of school year unless when it comes to summer vacation.. but it's always with a long *sigh* you're leaving this place ;)

Syd has discovered that playing with children is a lot of fun. And she also discovered that Michael is perfect around little kids. He's going to make a wonderful dad.

Chris

Michael is just so cool. He's funny, romantic, nice, good looking aaand he loves kids.
Really don't know why sydney doesn't want to marry him.

Back