Dark Secrets

ouch poor vaughn, that hurts!! syd was way harsh!! someone has a little attitude they need to get over *coughsydgetoveryourselfcough* thanks for the pm!

Chapter 3

Sydney didn’t know why exactly she had snapped at Michael, but everything she had told him was true. She had grown up in the last year and a half; she had realized that high school was just a huge joke that meant nothing outside of those hollow walls.

“Who’s the new girl?” she heard someone whisper as she walked down the hall to her locker.

“I don’t know, Lauren said she was helping Michael in English class” she heard the brunette beside her respond.

She sighed; she had been just like that at one point.

*Flashback*

“Ew, did you like see what that new girl was wearing today?” Sydney laughed as she ate a piece of lettuce from her salad.

“I know, it was like SOOO old” her best friend Morgan made a face.

“Someone needs to teach her how to dress” Sydney made a face.

“Someone needs to teach who how to dress?” Julian Sark smiled as he took a seat beside Sydney and then pulled her onto his lap, “it’s not like she could be as gorgeous as you if she tried”

“That new girl” Sydney gestured towards a girl who was sitting alone in a corner eating a brown bagged lunch. “How are you sweetie?”

“I’m great, how are you?” Julian asked as he gently nipped at her ear.

“Good, what’s up for tonight?” Sydney asked as she entwined her fingers with his own.

“Well, my parents are out of town…if you want to come over” Julian told her and continued kissing at her neck.

*End Flashback*

Sydney sighed as she thought of it all. Her best friend, Morgan, a girl who now wouldn’t even look at her, let alone speak with her, it was almost funny how fair-weather her friends had been.

She looked down as her cell phone began to vibrate; she picked it up, paying no attention to the caller I.D

“Hello?” she answered it.

“Will you please talk to me?” the familiar British accent begged her.

“Stop calling” Sydney muttered and snapped the phone shut angrily, not looking where she was going she knocked right into someone. “Oh my god, I am SO sorry”

“Don’t worry about it” the guy looked up, it was Michael.

“No, I should have been paying attention” Sydney told him as she put her things back in her bag and handed him some of his stuff.

“Don’t worry about it. We all make mistakes” He smiled genuinely at her.

“You have no idea” Sydney smirked, “why are you being so nice to me? I was a complete b**** earlier”

“Something my kindergarten teacher taught me” Michael matched her smirk.

“What’s that?” Sydney smiled.

“Never judge a book by its cover. She said that sometimes if you opened it and gave it a shot, it would be the most worth while thing you ever read” Michael explained.

Sydney felt herself smile.

“Do me a favour?” Sydney asked him.

“What is it?” Michael looked at her.

“Don’t read too far into me” Sydney sighed before walking away.

Chapter 4

Michael found himself thinking about that as he walked to his car for the ride home, he had 2 hours until the game, so he knew what he would be thinking about until then. What she had said. What she had meant. Her.

‘Don’t read too far into me’

What did that mean?

God, why was he thinking about her?

“Mike?” her high pitched voice came from behind him, Lauren.

“Lauren, hey” he smiled.

“How are you?” she smiled and added an extra bounce that made her hair sprayed hair bounce with her.

“I’m pretty good. How about you?” Michael asked her, doing his best to be polite.

“Well, I was just wondering…the party tonight” Lauren stated.

“What about it?” Michael asked.

“Well, it’s gonna be a good one. And I just wanted you to know, if you want to spend the night. You like can” Lauren told him.

“No, I’m fine. Thanks though. I’m not going to drink, so I can drive home” Michael told her.

“Oh, well…the offer still stands either way” Lauren told him.

“Thanks, but I don’t think I’ll be taking you up on it” Michael told her before resuming walking to his car, at a slightly quicker pace. “I’ll see you later” he called back towards her.

He got in his car, turning it on, the radio immediately came on; Avril Lavigne’s “I’m With You” blasted into his ear.

I'm standing on a bridge
I'm waiting in the dark
I thought that you'd be here by now

What was it about this girl?

What made him wonder?

Who she was?

Where she had been?

Who she was with?

Where she was going?

There's nothing but the rain
No footsteps on the ground
I'm listening but there's no sound

Was she just alone?

With all the questions that could have run through his head running through, he decided that it was best not to dwell on it, but he couldn’t help it.

Something about this girl had him wanting more, answers, truths, everything.

Isn't anyone tryin to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Wont you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

He sped down the main streets, the lights all happened to be green for him.

I guess it was his lucky day?

But the girl, that girl- Sydney, she was still in his head.

Oh why is everything so confusing
Maybe I'm just out of my mind
Yea yea yea

What had she meant when she said that she used to be like that too?

What had she been like?

Who was she angry at?

Why did she have such an impact on him?

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

Had the world done something to her?

Had she done something to the world?

He sighed and pulled into a Starbucks that he went to daily. The car stopped and with the car did the music. But it still played in his head at a steady beat.

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you

Even as he ordered his coffee, he found himself wondering what she would order.

Would she order the Café Latte that he was ordering? Or would she order something different?

A frappaccino perhaps?

God!

Why the hell was he still thinking about her?

He got into his car and turned the keys in the ignition again, and the music came back.

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I... I'm with you
I'm with you
I'm with you...

And now, to complete his day of thinking about her, which he figured was bordering on stalking her in his mind, he drove past her, she was walking into a house with a bag of groceries in her hands.

She lived in the uptown part of neighborhood that he lived in, there was one car in the driveway, a Cadillac Escalade.

Wherever she had come from, she had lived a good life and was continuing to live it. But who was she running from?

Who was she waiting for?

PM LIST

texasalias2004
ASIOagent
PoketRockets11
fire*N*ice
littleangel
freckles3706
freaky
superspy
frangipani
deranged_girl
Alwazabrat
berry_kyoote_spy88
sabbiee_co
Emmy_d
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
msu_ruby
vaughnsgurl4lf
i'm an aliasaholic
rileylovesalias
iluvalias0203
Jen-Jen
vaughnshoney
bellasbaby
SydAPO05
Nancy O
lizababy
stealthy
aliasdancer007
luckylass
Mountaineer4746
sparklingrainbow
Vaughnlover15
fieldstation
Truth Takes Time 2.18
noggi16
hannahb
tunita
SydneyVaughn47
batman
Sydney Bristow 2300844
gucci_94
Sydney A Vaughn
ams4alias
oooRevesDouxooo
missgwen
Brinne
dsracing99
mrs.marshal030791
wanttobew/MV
mightylittleone

Wooo, I haven't read this fic for awhile. Michael is really sweet in this one cause he's giving her a chance. He senses something's wrong with her. :lol: Stupid Lauren.... what a sl**. :P You can spend the night at my house? Honestly, who says that? Michael's in love...... ^_^ Great update! Glad you updated this fic!

OMG!!
This is sooo great.
I have no idea why I haven't started reading it before.
Michael is so sweet. Even though Sydney was mean to him he was still nice to her.
Now she is all he can think about whihc is sweet.
Can I get a pm when you update?
Update soon.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh! i havn'et read this story in a while but woah! this is some pretty hott stuff! man...vaughn is sooooooo sweet..i hope he reads more into her...

hehe

thanks

kels

Wow I haven't read this fic in sooo long
I HATE LAUREN, im glad vaughn didn't go with him on the offer!
I hope Vaughn is able to talk to Sydney soon..
I really forgot how much I liked this fic
update soon! ;)

That was great ... god could Lauren be more obvious ... love Michael such a sweet guy ... why wont Syd talk to Sark ??? ... love Michaels thoughts ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Carolyn, you finally updated this. :jump:
this chapter was so good! I love how Vaughn just keeps thinking about her and doesn't realy even realize that he might just want to leave the cow, how obviously wants to use him, and go see what Sydney is all about.
I just wonder when Sydney is going to tell him her past and when we're going to find out. This is so exciting and I can't wait for more. :jump:
Thanks for the PM :hug: and update :hug:

Riley xoxo

Back