Politics Death

What do you think happens after you die?

• Nothing. You're dead.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You go to some sort of afterlife (heaven, hell, whatever.)

• You are reincarnated into a new body here on earth.

• Other (please explain.)

• Total voters
So, I'm interested in what everyone thinks about death. I know it's not exactly a fun thing to talk about, but it IS important. Personally, I think that when we die we go on to some sort of afterlife. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I've seen close family members die and I can't believe that they are just gone.

i know this post won´t be too cheerful or encouraging but i think that when you´re dead you´re just that, dead...
and as for why we are living, mmm i suppose we all have a purpose on this earth, we just need figure out what that is... -_-

luvspydaddy said:
i know this post won´t be too cheerful or encouraging but i think that when you´re dead you´re just that, dead...
and as for why we are living, mmm i suppose we all have a purpose on this earth, we just need figure out what that is... -_-
[post="1194119"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm curious, if you think that we all have a purpose on this earth, wouldn't you then need to believe that you were created by a Supreme Being and not just a product of something like evolution?

If it's evolution, then there is no purpose for why we are here.

But I think that if there is purpose, there is a Creator and if there is a Creator that he would create an after life. You don't create something just to watch it and then throw it away.

don´t get me wrong, i do believe in a supreme being.
i think our being here is a mixture between a creator and evolution. the creator making the evolution happen. and maybe the purpose why we are here doesn´t have to be something big for everyone like saving the world from hunger or anything. it might just consist in being the best version of yourself, you know like becoming a better person everyday.

the point in death is to realize how precious life is. that's why all life must be welcomed and embraced, not destroyed. personally, i think that after life, there is some sort of heaven or hell (or purgatory).

Personally, i think that after you die, youre just that. Dead. I believe in evolution. I dont believe a higher being put us all on this earth, so therefore i dont believe that when we die we will be judged and go into heaven/hell or whatever.
I dont believe that, but if thats what you believe, i have no problems with that. Its just my point of view.

I believe that God, or a Supream Being, or whatever, created evolution through which we evolved.

I don't think anyone knows why he created us, but I think life is a test to get into Heaven, and those who need to be purified first go to purgatory.

I also think that what we do on earth affects those in the future, offsetting a multi-millenia chain reaction which will result in Heaven on Earth.

Well ... it made sense in my head, anyways. ^_^

luvspydaddy said:
don´t get me wrong, i do believe in a supreme being.
i think our being here is a mixture between a creator and evolution. the creator making the evolution happen. and maybe the purpose why we are here doesn´t have to be something big for everyone like saving the world from hunger or anything. it might just consist in being the best version of yourself, you know like becoming a better person everyday.
[post="1194175"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I find this discussion interesting, please don't think I'm judging - because I'm not. I am just interested in finding out what other people believe and how much thought or searching people put into such questions. Just call me inquisitive.

You had said in your ealier message that you thought that when we are dead, we are just dead - that's what made be believe that you wouldn't believe in a creator.
If you believe in a Creator, why would you believe that life just ends? Do you think that we would be created just to be thrown away?

I recently lost my Grandmother, so death has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm not convinced there's a God, but I voted for reincarnation because I can't bear the thought when we die, that's it. Forever!. Not at my tender age, anyway!...

Realistically I think there is nothing afterwards because I believe there is no god, I'm not 100% sure but thats what I think, I just don't think heaven can exist because we're without any form and we need our brains to be alive so how can we exist without our bodies so I think reincarnation is a possible one, but generally I don't believe in anything after we die! :smiley:

Sabella said:
Realistically I think there is nothing afterwards because I believe there is no god, I'm not 100% sure but thats what I think, I just don't think heaven can exist because we're without any form and we need our brains to be alive so how can we exist without our bodies so I think reincarnation is a possible one, but generally I don't believe in anything after we die!  :smiley:
[post="1195015"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I'm wondering, for everyone who believes that death is the end, does that depress you? Or are you okay with it? Just curious.

the idea of reincarnation has always fascinated me, and i almost lean towards believing that... but i think in order for reincarnation to be possible, some higher power has to be 'controlling' it some way, and i don't believe in any gods/goddesses/etc. so, i think it's just over.

EvilDictatorOfTheWorld said:
the idea of reincarnation has always fascinated me, and i almost lean towards believing that... but i think in order for reincarnation to be possible, some higher power has to be 'controlling' it some way, and i don't believe in any gods/goddesses/etc. so, i think it's just over.
[post="1195872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, I'm a spiritual atheist.. and I believe in reincarnation (but I didn't pick that option, cause I don't believe it's confined to being on Earth). Anyway, I don't believe in a creator, and I don't believe that souls are judged. My general opinion is that souls live infinite lives on a quest for knowledge/enlightenment.. not for a concept of doing 'right' or 'wrong.' In other words, I think it's completely possible that I was a serial killer (or something considered equally immoral) in a past life, because you have to live a situation to understand it/learn from it; and I think that is the purpose of life. Okay, I have no idea if I'm explaining this well, so I'll shut up :blink:

Back