Dirty Little Secret

I'm glad that Eric learned a lesson. That you don't just walk up to a pretty woman and expect her to go out on a date with you, when she's never even met you.

Also, we'ver learned something new about Sydney. Beside no wan't enything to do with the human population, she's scared of large dogs.

Chris

what is her problem???? if someone like michael vaughn hired me and took me to HIS house I'd be over the moon happy! love eric! can't wait for more!

I'm pretty much intrigued by this Sydney, even more than to all the previous Sydney's I've known (that sounds so weird... :lol: ).

Anyway, something makes Sydney cold towards other people, but what is it?
1. she has been in NY
2. she's also afraid of dogs
3. she has two jobs

I so knew that Sydney was going to tell Eric off! :rolleyes: You should have written it into the story! :P

I can't wait to see where this is going... but even though Vaughn doesn't know why he has hired her, we ALL know why he did... and not only because she's a hot chick (quoting Eric here...) :angelic:

:lol:
Eric shouldn't have tried to ask her out, I'm not sorry for him this time :P , he deserved it :D
What is Sydney hiding, is she from New York? Does she have family there? :Ponder:
I wanna know what she trying to hide!!! When will we learn her secret?
not for a little while yet, sorry ;)

Ooh.

I really LOVE her attitude. : )

This is an awesome story, yesh, just 'cause of her attitude. : )

And I love angst.

-There was nothing we could do :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

So, it took less than a minute and a half for Sydney to shoot Eric down.

Sydney needs to get used to Daisy if she is going to have to feed her and take her for walks occasionally.

Chapter 5

Michael had to admit that the first week of having Sydney as his PA went much better than he’d expected given Sydney’s occasionally slightly sour attitude. He expected many fights and disagreements over the tasks he gave her to perform, but she’d only complained once so far, and considering that incident involved Daisy, he let it slide. Sydney and Daisy were not getting along as well as he had hoped, but he blamed that mostly on the fact that Sydney was not really trying all that much to get over her fear of dogs or whatever it was that sent her screaming any time Daisy lifted a paw.

Michael quickly found that Sydney was a very good personal assistant. Her only real negative quality was that every time he brought up a subject even remotely personal she would react as though he asked her to commit a murder for him. Most of the times his questions about her life were asked unconsciously; something would happen that would spur a question in the way natural conversation would flow. Sydney obviously did not appreciate this judging by the fact that it sent her into a tirade and then caused her to fume for the next half hour. Michael was not quite sure why she was so fiercely protective over her life, but he also knew better than to pry and cause her to yell at him even more.

“Sydney, I was wondering if you were going to be bar tending this evening?” Michael asked her on Thursday just a little over a week after she started working for him.

“No… why?” she asked, her tone suspicious.

“Well, I have to go and watch these two potential new artists perform and I was hoping you’d come with me; I’d appreciate a second opinion,” Michael told her.

“So what? You want a date?” she asked, her voice slowly turning to its hostile, defensive tone.

Michael almost laughed at the mental image of himself being stupid enough to ask her out on a date. Doing such a thing would probably result in him being punched in the face or, at the very least, sprayed with mace. “No, no, of course not. This would be part of your job…as my PA…”

“So,” she began slowly. “You’d be paying me for this?” Michael nodded. “Hmm…why does that make me feel like a hooker?” she asked with a sigh.

Michael laughed. “Well, you’re not even close to being a hooker,” he assured her.

“Alright, I’m in. Where and when?” she asked.

“Well, I can pick you up if-”

“No,” she cut him off quickly. “No, no I’ll be fine. Just tell me where and when.”

“Okay,” he sighed. Given her secrecy, it wasn’t at all surprising that she refused to let him pick her up at her house or apartment or wherever she lived. “It’s at seven and this is the address,” he said, scribbling it down on a tiny piece of paper before handing it to her. “I’ll wait at the front door for you.”

“Okay…oh, what should I wear? I mean, what kinda club is this? Party ‘til dawn night club or fancy swanky piano bar?” she asked.

“I have absolutely no idea; go for something that would work for either,” he suggested.

“You realize nothing would, right?” she asked with a raised eyebrow. He shrugged. “Fine, I’ll figure something out,” she sighed with a slight eye roll. Then, she left his office.

~*~

Glancing down at his watch practically every few seconds, Michael wondered where, exactly, Sydney was. It was after seven and she had yet to arrive at the club. The performer they were supposed to be watching went on stage at seven thirty, which meant he could only wait at the door for a few more minutes before he needed to go and take his seat. Finally, he spotted her walking up the sidewalk dressed in what could have easily be described as a little black dress; it appeared she had found the perfect outfit for the evening after all. He ushered for the club’s bouncer to let her inside and he did so. “Sorry I’m late; missed the bus,” she said, breathing heavily from her quick walking down the sidewalk so as not to be as late.

“It’s fine. Just as well you missed the warm up band,” Michael said while grimacing and tugging at his earlobe, indicating he’d be lucky if his hearing was ever the same again.

“Lovely,” Sydney grimaced.

“Come on,” Michael said as he led the way back through the club. They paused briefly at the bar as Michael leaned over to speak in Sydney’s ear (the only way she could hear him above the band’s music) to ask, “Do you want to get a drink before we sit?”

“I can drink on the job?!” she asked in shock.

“You can have one drink,” he emphasized, holding up his index finger to signify the one.

“White wine,” she shouted to him. He nodded and smiled softly; white wine was his preferred drink, when drinking wine that was. He walked over to the bar and ordered her wine along with a beer for himself. Then, he led the way back through the club and up a narrow set of stairs to their special VIP seating. Thankfully, it was a little more quiet than down on the first floor, or perhaps it just seemed that way since it was less crowded. Michael and Sydney took seats on the couch along with two of Michael’s colleagues and waited for the show to begin.

After the first group there was a short break while the equipment on stage was being adjusted. Thankfully, that break came with silence. Michael took that opportunity to ask Sydney what she thought of the performer and she responded with a so-so hand gesture. “They were alright, I guess. I dunno… you’re the guy with the ear for music.”

“Not really,” Michael laughed. “I mean, I like music and all, but I don’t think I have an ear for it. I like the business end of it more,” he explained. Sydney nodded slightly just as the loud music struck up once more.

“Okay, now that group was hot!” Sydney exclaimed after the second performance. “Seriously, they were awesome.”

“I happen to agree,” Michael smiled at her. Then, he spoke with his fellow BMG record people for a few minutes before turning back to Sydney. “Come on. I’ll drive you, if you want.”

“Nah, that’s okay,” she assured him.

“You sure? It’s late and-”

“I’m fine. Thanks for letting me tag along… I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said, giving him a slight wave before heading towards the door.

Hmm. . .She wont let him drive her home. . . :Ponder:
i cant wait to find out more about her past. ^_^

and thanks for the update. :smiley: i love this fic.

im guessing that Syd's life and home are not all that shiney...why else would she not talk to Michael and let him pick her up??

Back