Dirty Little Secret

It was so nice of Sydney to think of and organize a surpise birthday party for Michael. It probably was the first time she did something special for someone.

And Michael was so close to finding out why Sydney chose to open up to him. Of course his mother had perfect timing. :rolleyes:

Chris

“Right… so you just love her then?”

“Yeah – wait! What?!” he asked frantically while Eric laughed, proud he had caught his friend off guard.
I don't think Michael realized that himself.

Again, Mom knows best. She called Sydney family.
But, Mom's timing is a little off. I think Sydney was about to admit that she has feelings for Michael.

That was sweet. It's great that Syd thought of throughin Vaughn a surprise birthday party, that was awesome. And how Eric caught him off gaurd...either he wasn't really listening to him or he forgot the think before he answered his buddy there. Also I love the way Syd just forgot how to move when she was that close to Micheal. She's got feelings for him, she just needs to be able to let herself really trust him.

aw great updates.
loved that syd threw vaughn a surprise birthday party.
and i love how eric caught him off guard.
and that was great how sydney forgot how to move when she was in michael's arms. :love:
oh yes, i curse vaughn's mom's timing too. ugh, right when syd was opening up even more...

I love how Sydney who didn't like Daisy now loves her :love:
Just one thing, remember to send Vaughn's mother to France next time they are about to kiss :P

some of you may have seen that i have temporarily removed fiction from O-I.net... i promise there is a reason for that, and i will explain when i have more time - definitely by the weekend.

Chapter 22

Much too quickly, as it always seemed, December was upon them. Along with that month, came the holiday season in full swing. Commercials involving Christmas or the New Year ran almost constantly. Along with being overwhelmed with holiday cheer, Michael was feeling a sense of a new beginning with the current year coming to a close. With each passing day he thought more seriously about bringing up his ever-increasing feelings toward Sydney. As Eric continued to mock him for being a chicken, Michael decided that he was definitely going to talk with Sydney about their relationship (or lack thereof) sometime between Christmas and the end of the year. That gave him a nice window of opportunity, yet plenty more time for procrastination.

Michael was enjoying a quiet Wednesday evening at home in the middle of December, when his doorbell rang unexpectedly. Immediately, Daisy’s ears perked and she let out a soft yip in the direction of the door. Michael’s brow furrowed as he got up from the floor and walked cautiously towards the door. In all his time living there, his doorbell had only rung a handful of times and only one of those times had he not been expecting it. That time, it had been a door to door fundraiser during the day. He couldn’t for the life of him figure out who would show up at his house in the dark without calling first. When he opened the door, he found his answer.

“Sydney,” he said, his voice indicating his surprise. She was standing on his doorstep, entirely shadowed by his figure blocking all the light emanating from his house. He knew it was her, though, without a doubt.

“Hi…,” she said. That one syllable told him a world of information. Her voice was cracked; she was crying. Her voice was also strained as well, she was upset and looking for comfort.

“What is it? Come in, come in please,” he said as he stepped aside. When he did so, light shone onto her face and he gasped. Her bottom lip was split and bleeding. The corner of her mouth was beginning to discolor; it would be bruised by morning. There was also a gash above her right eye that was also beginning to bruise. Black makeup streaks lined her face from the tears that had fallen. She also appeared to be trembling.

“I… I’m sorry… I didn’t know where to go…,” she said distantly, looking up at him.

“My god, what happened to you?” Michael asked softly. He reached out and gingerly touched her split lip and she winced. “Your father did this?” he asked. She gave a gentle nod and shrugged off her jacket as she walked further into his house. Michael took the jacket from her and hung it on the banister beside them.

Sydney began walking towards the back of the house, but she barely took two steps before Daisy approached, her claws clicking on the floor. It appeared Daisy sensed the tense situation, for she didn’t jump up on Sydney like she normally did. Instead, she sat right in front of her and nuzzled her nose into Sydney’s outstretched hand. “Hey girl,” Sydney sniffed.

“Syd, hey Syd,” Michael said as he approached her. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and she immediately turned and fell into his arms. He gathered her up tight to his body and held her there. She didn’t cry, but she clung to him while rubbing her face up against his neck.

“I’m sorry,” she sniffed after a few moments of silence.

“No, don’t be sorry. You came to the right place,” he assured her.

“No, no I’m sorry…I got blood on your t-shirt,” she said, gesturing towards the spot on the neckline of his shirt that now showed a few red dots.

“Nah, it’s fine; I needed an excuse to throw this shirt out anyway,” he said casually. This elicited a half-smile from her. “Come on, let’s go get you cleaned up. I have band-aids upstairs.” He put his arm gently around her back and led her up the stairs. He walked her up the stairs, down the hallway, across his bedroom and into his bathroom. There, he cleared off a space on the counter and gestured for her to sit while he looked for the appropriate supplies. Upon noticing how quiet and distant she looked, he asked softly, “You wanna tell me what happened?”

“I was,” she began softly, “thinking about Thanksgiving and how great your mom was… and then I got to thinking about how much I missed my mom, even if we argue over the abuse thing… and today was her birthday – she’s fifty. So anyway, after work I decided that I was going to go over and see her… I’d heard on the news that my dad was making some movie up in Canada so he wasn’t going to be there… or so I thought,” she said with a sniff, more tears forming in her eyes. Michael began dabbing antiseptic on her cuts while she continued her story.

“So I went over to the house and as soon as my mom saw me she started crying… and then we both were crying and it was really nice. I told her about you and my job and how I’m slowly making my way through school and she was really happy for me. We were having such a nice time until…until he came home.

“When he saw me, he was furious. He just started yelling at me for being a waste of life and he told me h-how w-worthless I am and h-how I’m such a disgrace to him and then he hit me in the face and when I-I tried to get away he hit me a-again,” she choked out through her tears.

“Shh, it’s okay,” Michael soothed her as he put one arm around her back.

“He just kept telling me that I was nothing… nothing like him, big ol’ Oscar winner,” she sniffed.

“You’re not nothing, Sydney, you’re not. You’re everything. You’re such a wonderful person and if your father can’t see that then I feel sorry for him because he’s missing out. You shouldn’t let someone as low as him make you feel bad Sydney, because you’re better than him,” Michael assured her. Sydney shook her head softly as she looked down to her lap. Michael used his fingers under her chin to tilt her head up and force her to look at him. “You are,” he repeated softly. They locked eyes for a moment before Michael moved his attention from the cut on her head to her split lip. He dabbed some antiseptic on it and then put the bottle away before declaring softly, “You’re as good as new.”

“Thanks,” she said, giving him a soft smile. In doing this, though, she caused her lip to split one more. She winced and quickly touched it with her index finger.

“Oo,” Michael cringed slightly, touching it as well. Without even thinking, he leaned over and kissed the split spot on her lip gently. He meant it to merely be a ‘kiss it and make it better’ type kiss, but, since it was on her lips, it sent more signals that he’d originally intended. When he realized what happened, he pulled back and looked at her nervously. He saw that instead of fear in her eyes, there was hope.

Cautiously, she sat up straight and brought their faces even closer together. Michael leaned towards her and closed all the distance between them, giving her a real kiss that time. She snaked her arms up and around his neck, pulling herself close to him. It wasn’t just the comfort she needed at that moment; it was him and nobody else.

When they broke their kiss, both of them gasping for breath, Sydney nuzzled her face against his, feeling the slight sharpness of his stubble against her cheek. She opened her eyes slowly and looked up at him to see that he was looking at her with the most caring look she’d ever seen. Carefully, she removed her arms from around his neck and dropped them down so she could pick up his hands. She grasped his hands from their spot on the counter on either side of her and lifted them up so that his fingertips were resting at the top button on her shirt. While still holding on to his hands, she unbuttoned the top button herself and then let go so he would do the rest. He hesitated and for a moment she thought he was going to step back, but he didn’t; he began unbuttoning each button, one by one at an agonizingly slow pace.

Once her top was fully unbuttoned, Michael slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her off the counter, leading her out of the bathroom and towards his bed, switching the bathroom light off on the way. Just before he sat down on the bed beside her, he nuzzled his face into hers and whispered, “I love you,” to her, three little words that made her heart beat even faster as tingles shot all the way down to her toes.

ehehehehehehe :angelic: this fic is winding down guys - just in time for a little angsty and twistyness

they kissed... :love: finally..

but poor syd, she doesn't deserve all those words. michael's right... not nothing... she's a lot better than who her father is...

they kissed are gonna have sex and said i love you (well he did) all in one chap ...nice janet :naughty:
but my god they need to press charges against jack
i hope she doesnt regret anytthing in the morning and its not awkward

You're lucky that I had the time to read and review today since it's thursday... I usually can't cause the boss is hanging on my back *grumble* :rolleyes:

Anyway...

When they broke their kiss, both of them gasping for breath, Sydney nuzzled her face against his, feeling the slight sharpness of his stubble against her cheek. She opened her eyes slowly and looked up at him to see that he was looking at her with the most caring look she’d ever seen. Carefully, she removed her arms from around his neck and dropped them down so she could pick up his hands. She grasped his hands from their spot on the counter on either side of her and lifted them up so that his fingertips were resting at the top button on her shirt. While still holding on to his hands, she unbuttoned the top button herself and then let go so he would do the rest. He hesitated and for a moment she thought he was going to step back, but he didn’t; he began unbuttoning each button, one by one at an agonizingly slow pace.

Once her top was fully unbuttoned, Michael slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her off the counter, leading her out of the bathroom and towards his bed, switching the bathroom light off on the way. Just before he sat down on the bed beside her, he nuzzled his face into hers and whispered, “I love you,” to her, three little words that made her heart beat even faster as tingles shot all the way down to her toes.

:angelic: Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?????? that was sooooooooo :love: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that her dad actually hit her... I mean I knew it... but still... of course Vaughn's the knight in shining armor... (kinda :lol: -> try picturing MV like that... Oh boy :P )

ehehehehehehe this fic is winding down guys - just in time for a little angsty and twistyness

You're evil -_-

Wooohooo they kissed and are gonna get it on. I have a feeling that Syd might regret it in the morning and go back to nonsharing Syd who is cautious of everything. Hopefully not but the note for angst makes it seem likely....poor Michael and Syd hopefully the angst doesn't last long.
Great update

YAY!!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! I mean it's sad it was b/c of that but he said he loved her!!!! YAY!!!!! Can't wait for more....and we don't really need angst....unless Vaughn is going to have jack arressted....that would be cool!

I really hope that Syd and Michael report her dad to the police...altho that probly wont happen
They KISSED!!! and well sex too and Michael told her that he loves her :love:

Great updates. Meanie Jack! They seriously need to report him. Awwww :love: They kissed, said I love you, and had sex. What a chapter. Please no angst or twistness...it was just getting to be happy.

-erin :smiley:

Aww how freakin' adorable!!!
-It's about time tho....but as much as I love the angst...what could you possibly do.. I mean it took them long enough to get together!!? :D

Back