Dirty Little Secret

oh god !! when vaughn found out that jack was missing and couldn´t get gold of syd i was scored out of my mind . i was so relived when he found her at her apartment , but my favorite part is syd telling vaughn that she loves him . i wonder what happened to irina and jack ?

anxiously awaiting for more ,

Nanda

i reckon her mom did something to jack...she must have finally cracked after seeing syd live her life outside abuse and then to come home and jack beat her up.... i reckon she finally had enough felgercarb thrown her way by jack.

As happy as I'm to see Sydney is safe and unhurt, I'm worried about Irina, usually when abusive husbands lose their temper, it becomes terrible and usually wives end up in a coffin six feet under. (We have a new campain against domestic violence in France, the woman is talking about how her abusive husband used hit her and how now it's over then you see her grave)

OMG so much angst and then only one more chapter?????? :confused:

Oh well... at least we'll get answers to our thousand questions at once :lol:

Oh boy, I'm go glad Syd is ok...

Chapter 25

As it turned out, the police were actually looking for Sydney, but had been unable to find her because of her name change. With Michael by her side, holding her hand, she told them everything she knew, starting with how she’d seen her father Wednesday night and continuing on with how he abused her and how he had been abusing her and her mother for most of her life. The police were shocked, but they took down her story like she told it before letting her go.

By the time they left the police station, Sydney was exhausted. Michael took her back to his house and they stood together on his back porch while Daisy roamed around the backyard. Sydney leaned her body against Michael’s with her head resting on his shoulder, exhausted from the tears she’d cried while telling her story to the police. They stood there silently until Daisy was finished and walked inside, then the two of them went up to bed, slipping under the covers beside each other and hugging tightly, never saying a word.

The next morning, Sydney awoke with her head tucked into the crook of Michael’s neck. He was holding her tightly, one thumb lazily stroking her arm. Lying there, she felt much better than she had the night before; she felt safe. She stretched her body out and looked up to see Michael smiling down at her. “I’m glad you didn’t sneak out this time,” he said softly.

“Me too,” she smiled at him. Then she kissed him gently before rolling over onto her back and stretching out some more. “Oh, I love Saturdays.”

“Me too,” Michael agreed. “Monday’s going to come too quickly though and, oh,” he groaned, “I have to find a new assistant thanks to you,” he said, poking her side gently.

She giggled and slid further away from him. “No you don’t; you didn’t have one before me.”

“Yeah… but I don’t wanna go back to photocopying my own stuff…,” he whined.

“Well, I can work for you until you find a replacement,” she offered.

“Or you could just work for me permanently,” he offered. She shook her head. “Fine, but what are you gonna do now?”

“Well,” she sighed, “I don’t think it’s too late to enroll in classes for the spring semester… but I still need a job… and I need a place to live since the lease on that apartment is up at the end of the year, right?”

“Yeah, but I could get you another year lease on it… or you could move in here,” he suggested.

“Well, that’s the other thing I wanted to talk about… I wanted to move slow with our relationship, Michael, because…god, I don’t even know the last time I was in a relationship with anyone and-”

He cut her off with a kiss. “Taking it slow is fine with me as long as you share with me everything about your life,” he sighed as he pulled her close.

“Everything?”

“Yes. Everything.”

“Even when I have terrible cramps?” she offered with a smile.

He grimaced, “Well, maybe not everything…but seriously if you move in here, you can move into the guest room, so it’s like we’re living separately, except we’re not and Daisy still has her favorite little buddy to play with.” Sydney laughed, but said nothing of his offer for them to move in together. “Promise me you’ll at least consider it?”

“I promise,” she began with a long exhale, “that I will move in here on December thirty-first, but only because there’s no way I could find another place by then. I might stay, I might not, but I promise to consider staying.”

“Deal,” he smiled at her.

~*~

When Sydney and Michael finally dragged themselves from bed, they made a plan to do something fun for that entire day to keep their minds off the sad events that had taken place. Michael drove Sydney home and waited while she showered and changed before they went window shopping, grabbed lunch and then took in an early afternoon movie. When they went home to let Daisy out, though, their happy, peaceful day was destroyed.

A message from the police informed them that the body of Jonathan Bristow had been found. He had taken his own life by way of a bullet to the head. Sydney was understandably upset, yet part of her, she hated to admit, was relieved; no longer could he hurt her or her mother. Her mother’s whereabouts were still unaccounted for at that time, which concerned Sydney, but the police assured her they were still looking for her.

After the news came in, Michael sat with Sydney silently on the couch as they watched TV. Understandably, Sydney wasn’t in a very talkative mood. Michael made them dinner and they ate silently with Daisy (who was uninterested in their meal since they were eating pasta). Not too long after dinner, Sydney asked in a soft voice, “Can I use that big tub in your bathroom to take a bath?”

“Sure. I haven’t used it in a few months so it might be a little dusty. Want me to clean it out for you?” he offered.

Sydney shook her head. She was about to walk away before she asked, “You used it to bathe Daisy, didn’t you?”

“Yep,” he grinned at her. Smiling ever so slightly, she shook her head and walked away.

An hour and a half passed and Sydney had not returned downstairs. Michael went up to his bathroom to make sure she had not drowned, but found her already in bed. It was obvious she didn’t want to be alone that night, but that was okay because Michael didn’t want her to be alone either.

~*~

The next morning brought news that Sydney’s mother was perfectly fine. Apparently, on Wednesday night, after Sydney left, she finally mustered up the courage to leave her abusive husband. She had gone to stay with her sister in Texas and had not heard about her husband’s suicide until the previous evening.

With her mother safe and sound, Sydney was finally able to begin picking up the pieces of her life. She moved in with Michael and Daisy before Christmas, not wanting to wait until the end of the year. She also began helping her mother go through the belongings in their house. With her husband gone, Sydney’s mother was moving to a smaller, more manageable house, instead of the sprawling mansion where Sydney had spent her teen years.

A week after her father’s suicide, Sydney received unexpected news. What she thought would be a routine meeting with her father’s lawyer, during which he would tell her that her mother inherited all of her father’s wealth and assets, turned out to be very different. After wandering around for an hour from pure astonishment, she faced Michael, her face still bearing the shocked expression she had been wearing for the previous hour. Naturally, Michael asked what was wrong and she responded, “My father left me ten million dollars.”

“T-t-ten mi-million?” Michael stammered at that astronomical sum. Sydney nodded wearily. “Wow… I guess you don’t need to find a job now,” he laughed.

“Not summuch,” she mumbled. She was silent for another minute before an amused smile crossed her face at a very interesting realization. “I have more money than you.”

“Yeah, I guess you do,” he laughed. “What are you gonna do with it, Captain Moneybags?” he asked as he snaked his arms around her waist.

“Dunno… but I’ve got some time to decide,” she smiled at him.

“Mmhm,” he nodded before kissing her. Before their kiss could continue, Daisy walked over to them and whined softly. “Look, she’s asking you for money already,” Michael said. Sydney couldn’t help but laugh.

Epilogue

“Michael!! Come get Daisy!! She’s gonna eat this cake!” Sydney shouted across the house to her husband. She struggled to keep Daisy at bay with one arm while juggling the cake and her one-year-old daughter, Ella, in the other. The cake had been resting on the table until Daisy had creatively used one of the chairs to climb up to the table. Sydney narrowly saved it only moments before it would have been smashed by a doggie nose.

“I got her, I got her! Your mom just pulled up out front,” he informed his wife while yanking at the collar of his dog, who at eight-years-old was still very mischievous.

“Oh good,” Sydney sighed as she put the cake back on the table. Then, she pressed a kiss into the top of Ella’s head before setting her down in her play pen to finish the rest of the preparations for her daughter’s first birthday celebration.

Sydney and Michael got engaged on Valentine’s Day only two months after they moved in together. As soon as Sydney realized how wonderful it was having Michael in her life as her fiancé, any plans to take their relationship slow blew right out the window. They were married in June, only four months after their engagement, and by January the next year, Sydney was pregnant with their precious Ella. Michael had been coaxing his mother to move out to California to be with their expanding family, but she always refused until Ella’s birth pushed her over the edge. She made the move only shortly after her granddaughter was born and had never been happier in her suburban condominium.

“I got it!” Michael announced when the doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of Sydney’s mother. Michael greeted his mother-in-law with a warm hug before helping her with the large bag she was carrying. The two of them then walked back through the house as Daisy barked continuously from the laundry room.

“Hello Angel,” Sydney’s mother greeted her green-eyed granddaughter by lifting her out of her playpen. “Are you having a good birthday so far?”

“Oh well, you know she’s eaten and slept – the usual,” Michael laughed, rubbing his daughter’s back. Just as Sydney’s mother went in the kitchen to greet her daughter, the doorbell rang once more signaling the arrival of Michael’s mother.

Once the while family was together, they all gathered around the kitchen table, Ella in her mother’s lap, Michael with the video camera, to sing happy birthday. Sydney’s mother placed the cake in front of Ella and after only a moment, Ella reached forward and slammed both her hands down into the cake causing everyone to laugh.

“And you were worried about the dog,” Michael laughed, continuing to video tape the event.

“Right,” Sydney rolled her eyes, but the truth was, she wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

sorry it ended kinda it fast, but i think at the time i was growing restless with this fic -_-
anyway... new fic tomorrow as usual... The In Between i believe :smiley:

awww that was adorable
so
im kinda upset jack killed himself
he took the easy way out
so syd inherited 10 mil
nice!
and they got engaged and married within 6 months thats awesome
so cool that michael was able to change her life so much!!
great fic
seriously

Back