Dreams

<steph>

Zebedee-kosi
okay---this is my first fan fic, so please be nice! please read and tell me what you think!

SYDNEY

I woke up screaming. It took a second to realise where I was, and I managed to stop myself from groaning, I didn't want to be there. Not that I don't love him, of course I do. But this dream....fills me with doubt that I can't get rid of, no matter how hard I try to reassure myself it doesnt help, no matter what I say in my arguments with myself, I always lose. Not that I don't trust him, of course I do. But this dream, it fills me with a darkness, that is starting to make me think that maybe, we are not meant to be, and I can't help myself anymore...

VAUGHN

She woke up screaming. She screams and screams before she finally wakes up. And I know I can't help her. I want to, but I just know that I can't. If I could get inside her head...her mind, to stop this sub-conciouss nightmare...if only I could. But I know I can't help her. No matter what I try to do, I know that it won't help. It's like....she doesn't trust me anymore. Like, although she knows that this is crazy, these last two weeks have stopped her trusting me. Like she worries that this will actually happen. I know I would never, could never betray her, I could never do that. I have known since the day I met her that I will love her until the day I die. Dad's watch confirmed it for me, stopping like that. Every day i wake up, I remember what he said..." you could set your heart by it " ...turns out i did, without realising it. And that day she walked in, I never imagined that this is where we would end up...unhappy like this.

okay, thats the very beginning...i can try to update later, depends if you review, or I might, if I'm bored enough!

Really confused....but really good!
Umm could u like clear up wuts goin on next chapter?!
U need to keep writin tho cuz i really like it!
-beKa-

okay, yeah sorry i know its really confusing! basically, it's Syd and Vaughn's view on the same situation. At the moment, that situation is Syd having re-occuring nitemares. everthing will get clearer when i update which will be as soon as possible! (sorry for causing confusion, glad you like it!!!!)

okay, i hope the lame explanation i made an attempt at helps! (if you havent seen it, its the last post i made on here!) and something i didnt really mention, these are basically their thoughts, there will be more characters involved later!!

SYDNEY

3am. Dammit, 3am. Every night at 3am, I wake screaming. That's how it's been for two weeks. How are we supposed to live? It always starts the same--an alley somewhere, i can't see where. And then suddenly I see him, telling me he's married. The rest is blurry. I'm at the CIA Ops Center, there's a woman...it's her. Lauren. A faceless woman terrorising my dreams. I wake up then. My veins filled with fear, anger and a pain I haven't felt before. How could he? The man I thought loved me. Went off with some blonde. After just two years. At least with Danny, I found his body. I know he's dead. And I'm not married. It's completely different. Really.

VAUGHN

3am. Every morning, at 3am.

It wouldn't happen though. She's too good to ever be captured. And if she did, I would wait forever for her. For the only woman I will ever love. So why does she think I'm capable of...oh. Maybe...no, no..get rid of that thought. It couldn't be, could it? No way! But..not because the minute she was available, I left Alice? Alice thought I loved her, too, but Syd doesn't actually think...? No, she can't.
Ever night, a new reason. Or that was how it started. That was my first idea in the last 3 days. I guess I can't think straight due to sleep deprivation. Does she really think...? No, she can't! Can she?

SYDNEY

I can hear him lying close to me, rolling over. He's thinking again. I wish he'd leae that to me, and just comfort me like he did for the first couple of times it happened. All I want is for him to hold me in those strong arms, the ones I feel so safe in. Like nothing can ever hurt me. But he won't. All I want is re-assurance. But I get none.
From the street light outside, I can see my watch, telling me it's 3:56 am. I've been lying here for an hour, just thinking why it won't go away. I've never believed in deja-vu, but what if, what if it's a warning? A warning that I will go. I will come back to him, but he'll be, he'll be married. He wouldn't Not after these two weeks. Not him. Would he?

VAUGHN

The alarm finally went off. I have started anticipating that moment, the moment the silence between us is broken. When my desire to hold her in my arms is over. It seems...inappropriate. I have no clue why. All the same, just not....right. The one thing I long to do, I just can't.
She flicked the light on, as I silenced the alarm. SHe made no sound as she walked straight to the bathroom.I heard the shower running, and decided to, as usual nowadays, start making breakfast.

SYDNEY

I long to say something. Longed to not let go of his hand until he promised that if I went.....he would not get married. That's why I didn't say a word. The second I were to say something, I would never stop, even if I were in tears. I never cry, he's so unused to seeing me cry, he would know how serious I was. Yet that wasn't an option. We have to hurry in the mornings. Or we did. We couldn't stop talking, so we had to rush. We were always late aswell. And now, we're always early. It's as if.........we've run out of things to say. Or maybe...maybe we're scared to say them. Yes. I think that's what it is.

i hope u like this, and I hope it's less confusing!!

i hope they say the words...if u know what i mean. i can't wait to see what happens next. that was a great chapter,keep up the great work (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter is up :smiley:

that's good! the formatt is interesting and taking me a little while to get used to but I really like it! so wait...is he mad at her? I'm a little confused...it's really good though!

keep writing I want to find out more!! ;)

dbrizz

awww! thank god! in the first chapter i thought maybe they weren't happy together. but now i know. she is just insecure!

can i get a pm when you update?

im glad you all like it :D

here is the next chapter!

VAUGHN

Everytime I want to open my mouth t speak, I want to say something, but I can't. There's something stifling me and I don't know what it is, maybe a fear. I can't think what it is, but it's taking over.
We were in the car, on the way to work, when she finally overcame it.

SYDNEY

"Vaughn," I said. He turned to me, not sure he was imaging me speaking or whether I actually had. I gave him a weak smile, before continuing.
"This morning...I was thinking"
"Me too." He responded, cutting me off. I let the interruption pass, and he carried on.
"I just wanted to make sure you know that just because I left Alice, doesn't mean I'm going to leave you, too..."
My mind went blank.

VAUGHN

I wish she'd say something. It seems like hours have passwed since I spoke.
"Syd?" I asked. She cleared her throat. I love the way she does that before she speaks.
At last, a reply, "I hadn't actually thought of that," she said weakly. She continued, "That isn't what's been causing this, I don't think. I think...I think this is a warning, Vaughn."
My mind went blank.

SYDNEY

I wish he'd say something. It seems that hours have passed sine I spoke. I glance over. He looked pale. He pulled the car over. He looked me straight in the eye. Man, I love those green eyes. His voice wavered as he weakly asked, " A warning of what?"

VAUGHN

Was I being dense? I just didn't get it. I looked into her eyes for an answer. I could live forever in her eyes. She just simply said
"Just promise me, promise me that you won't get married to anyone while I'm gone."
Bewildered, I asked the only response I could think of:
"Where are you going?" A feeble smile, with an equally feeble reply.
"I don't know, I just think I'll be gone for a while. Just promise me, Vaughn, I don't know where I'm going, or when I'll be back, just promise me, you won't give up on me, you won't get married."
I promised.

SYDNEY

I woke up. Not screaming. cold. I tried to recognise where I was, but I couldn't. Then I realised I'd seen this place. I just didn't know where. A memory that seemed from years ago.
I thought and thought....
I remembered this from dreams....I was back.

I looked around me. I was wearing a navy suit, like those which I wore when I worked as a double agent. I felt through all my pockets to find a way, any way of communication. The I found one...a cell phone! I dialled the number I knew so well.

"Hello CIA Headquarters. Can I help you?"
"Hi, I need to talk with Agent Vaughn, Agent Weiss or Agent Bristow please."
"I'll put you through to Agent Bristow right away."
There was a click, I waited until I heard that gruff voice impossible to mistake.
"Hello?"
"Daddy?"
"Who is this?"
"Dad, it's me, it's Sydney."
"I don't know who you are, but my daughter dies two years ago."
Another click. He had put the phone down. I should've known he wouldn't believe it was me.
I knew I had to call Weiss. I couldn't speak to Vaughn, if he were married..I couldn't speak to him yet incase. I phoned the same number.
"Hello, CIA Headquarters. Can i help you?"
"Yes, hello, I need to speak with Agent Weiss immediately."
"Putting you right through"
A click then silence.

WEISS

My phone rang. I was expecting a call, I reached for my phone as quickly as possible, and answered before the 2nd ring. Pleased, I said,
"Hello, Weiss speaking."
"Agent Weiss, there's a woman wishing to speak with you."
"Do you have her name?"
"No, sorry sir, shall I get it for you?"
I exhaled deeply. Messing with the clerk's brains always made me laugh. Seeming mean made them try harder not to screw up when they worked with me. Great.
"No, put her through." I added an irritated edge to my voice.
"Certainly, sir."
I heard the click of the caller being put through.
"Hello?" I asked
"Eric?"
I turned white.

hope you liked, now for PMs!

okay, im hoping they all sent!
here was my list:
karlee
alias4life_4
amisha
dbristow
AmyLeerockergurl15
blualoha
berry_kyoote_spy88
Alias Fan Gillian
krzykty57789

if i missed anyone, or anything, im sorry, and if you didnt want a PM, sorry i didnt read all the messages carefully!!

Back