"Fallen Idol"

Alias_Gay

Ensign
On May 4th, 2005 at 10pm, ABC will show a special PrimeTime Episode, featuring the American Idol story ... with its title being "Fallen Idol" ...

Courtesy Zap2It.com

LOS ANGELES -
With "American Idol" firmly ensconced near the top of the Nielsen ratings for a third straight year, ABC is taking the approach of, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Or at least produce a potentially damning prime-time news expose about 'em.

The network has scheduled a special edition of "Primetime Live" for 10 p.m. ET Wednesday, May 4, dealing entirely with FOX's hit music competition. The special, which pre-empts "Eyes" for the night, will air a half-hour after "Idol's" results show trims the field of finalists to five singers.

Reported by co-anchor John Quinones, the hour will "explore explosive claims about behind-the-scenes activities at 'American Idol,'" the network says.

That's all the network says at the moment; an ABC News spokesperson wouldn't elaborate on the contents of the special. There has been speculation, however, that the "Primetime" special (first reported in Variety) will focus on the relationships between contestants and the show's judges: Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson.

Indeed, one former contestant is making claims that he had a "secret affair" with Abdul. Corey Clark, who was booted from the show's second season after a previously undisclosed arrest came to light, is pitching a book in which he details his alleged affair with the former pop star, according to the Globe tabloid. Abdul has denied the allegations.

Clark was dropped from the show in 2003 after it was revealed (via TheSmokingGun.com) that he'd been arrested the previous year on charges of hitting his younger sister and resisting arrest (he pleaded no contest to a single misdemeanor and was granted probation). FOX said at the time that Clark did not disclose his arrest and that the record eluded the network's background check because his name was misspelled in a police report.

FOX is for the time being reserving comment on ABC's report.

What exactly will be discussed ... no idea ... but some poepl are suggesting that it will about one of those Idol wanna-be's that didn't make the cut ... you can read all about it next ...

From Yahoo!.com

Straight up, she'll tell you--Paula Abdul is mad.

Under orders from the diminutive American Idol judge, her lawyer, Martin Singer, fired off a warning to ABC this week, threatening legal action if the network proceeds with its upcoming exposé, Fallen Idol, scheduled to air next Wednesday.

"There's a false story that's defamatory to Paula...Her lawyer responded to that," Abdul's spokesperson told the New York Daily News.

The network has said its Primetime Live report will "explore explosive claims about behind-the-scenes activities at American Idol." Though ABC News has not commented on specifics of the special, published reports have suggested that those claims include allegations by former Idol contestant Corey Clark that he had an affair with Abdul.

Clark, who was booted from the second season of the talent search after his criminal record--which he didn't disclose to producers--was unearthed, is reportedly shopping a tell-all book proposal about his experiences on the show, including how Abdul allegedly offered him financial assistance for his career pursuits and pressured him to keep their romance quiet.

On Tuesday, a spokesperson for Abdul released a statement to Access Hollywood, denouncing Clark as an "admitted liar."

"Paula Abdul will not dignify the false statements made by Corey Clark with a response. Mr. Clark is an admitted liar and opportunist who engages in unlawful activities. He is communicating lies about Paula Abdul in order to generate interest in a book deal," the singer's rep stated.

Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest also leaped to their coworker's defense.

"There's no underhandedness going on behind the scenes," Cowell told syndicated newsmagazine Extra. In response to Clark's allegations, the usually surly judge stated, "I do think they're rubbish. I think this guy's out there to publicize a book.

"Paula, to be fair to her, will spend more time backstage with the contestants giving encouragement and everything else. But that's not a bad thing!"

American Idol producers, on the other hand, apparently aren't quite as sure that Abdul is being honest about her possible fraternization with Clark.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Idol producers are looking into the allegations. A source close to the show told the Times that Abdul denied Clark's claims when initially quizzed by producers.

If the alleged romance did, in fact, occur, Abdul could be in violation of FCC rules pertaining to televised skill contests.

Section 508 of the Communications Act states that it is illegal for anyone "with intent to deceive the listening or viewing public...to supply to any contestant in a purportedly bona fide contest of intellectual knowledge or intellectual skill any special and secret assistance whereby the outcome of such contest will be in whole or in part prearranged or predetermined."

We're not sure if singing qualifies as an "intellectual skill," but "special and secret assistance" could apply to an whole multitude of sins.

No matter how explosive the claims Fallen Idol purports to explore may be, it's doubtful ABC can do much to derail Idol's monster ratings.

The talent search held onto the second and fourth spots in the ratings for the week ended Sunday, drawing 24.1 million viewers Tuesday night and 22.7 million viewers for Wednesday's results show.

Are you gonna watch this show? :woot:

I'm watching so I know that I'm one of the many people that make Fox mad ;)

Yeah. Bring on Fox. The only good thing they have going for them is The Simpsons

My mom said she watched Nanny 911 and she said they even found a way to make that trashy. SuperNanny is much better

Fox let out the info they had on Bo today that he had been arrested for drug possession. - Wouldn't be surprised if AI came out with some other stories before they get aired on the ABC special.

would be very distressfull, if after all the hype Fox is putting on ABC with telling ABC that they will sue them if they show that special ... I would wanna see their face if ABC in the special doesn't even mention what they have been trying to persuade the public that its not true ...

I hope you understand me, with what I just said :thinking:

Even though I'm a HUGE American Idol fan, I'm gonna watch. I don't think I'll be too surprised by what they reveal though.

Then again, must be some major dirt if Fox is threatening to sue :lol:

if she did tell Corey to do what he is "implying" she did ... then who is to believe Paula ... ;)

but then again, who is to believe anything Corey said, since he didn't win the Competition, he might still wanna be in the spotlight ... he doesn't know that you only get 15 minutes of fame ... ;)

but he says he has a taped message from Paula, that we are suppose to hear tonight ... so, lets hope everything is valid and that even if FOX sues ABC, ABC has the proof to show to FOX ... ;)

I don't think FOX is going to sue (they said they would look into all allegations)....but Paula has said she would if ABC airs it.

I'm interested to see if they'll cover anything other than the Corey/Paula alleged affair. There have been many rumors about Paula's alleged drug use...and I'd be surprised it that also wasn't brought up.

ABC's "Primetime Live" special, which featured former "Idol" contestant Corey Clark discussing his alleged affair with judge Paula Abdul, scored a 9.2/15 to win the 10 p.m. hour. "CSI: NY" was second for CBS with an 8.8/14, leaving NBC's "Law & Order," 7.9/13, in third.

ABC did pretty good with the special ... I haven't seen it yet, but I have it on tape to see it tonight hopefully, but I saw some excerpts on TV this morning ... gotta see it ... ;)

Alias_Gay said:
ABC did pretty good with the special ... I haven't seen it yet, but I have it on tape to see it tonight hopefully, but I saw some excerpts on TV this morning ... gotta see it ... ;)
[post="1328490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree...I think they did a good job, and obviously at least some of his allegations are true. I think it would be best for Paula to just come out and admit what happened instead of denying it all.

I felt that some of CC alligations seemed pretty far fetched like going to some dance place with Paula - Paula is too well known to get away with something like that and not get recognized.

Regardless of whether this whole story is true or not, I was left with the impression that CC is a real slimball.

he wanted publicity for his CD coming out soon and he got it ... but he did show some proof like phone calls and messages ... but who knows ...

now, he says he has some other proof ... so, we'll see ... ;)

I can't believe people care about this guy. He just wants attention. Even if it's true, I really don't see what the big deal is. Most reality TV shows are rigged anyway.

ms.katejones said:
I can't believe people care about this guy. He just wants attention. Even if it's true, I really don't see what the big deal is. Most reality TV shows are rigged anyway.
[post="1338038"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i agree.... that dude is so wrong :blink:

I think Corey Clark is full of felgercarb all he was doing was trying to sell his cd which won't do good because all american idol fans will not buy that after what he said about Paula. To be honest with you if a judge who would sleep with a idol would be Simon not Paula.

Mel