Favotitsim in school

Does it ever seem to you like everything in high school is unfair? I recently got detention because a teacher lied about something that I did. Does this sort of thing happen to you?

Never anything really that extreme.

But I had teachers in high school give Extra Credit to their favorites, stay after school and help their favorites (when they'd tell everyone else that they couldn't) and even bump grades up or let them retake tests.

It really ticked me off.

Luckily you really don't see that sort of thing in college (or at least I have yet to).

I get shown favouritism by the principal. If she sees anybody else showing off an inch of their stomach, she gives them a detention (she and the vice principal are the only ones - the teachers don't bother). But if she sees me, she tells me to cover up or just gives me a look. :confused:

In general teachers like me, but in HS I did NOT get along with some of the nuns. I got 3 hours of detention for parking on the wrong side of the street!

Other than that, all teachers play favorites. I once turned in an essay a week late and my history teacher still gave me an A just because she liked me.

I think favouritism should be expected because human beings naturally are bias in some way or another. As long as teachers don't take it to the extremes I won't get to snappy about it. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

our asb if you guys know what that is, like the school president and stuff get special treatment, they get away with everything never getting a detention, if they get one and they dont serve it nobody gives them another one, instead they just let it go

Nothing really for me. Except I chew gum in class and I'll even pop it and blow bubbles. The teachers never say anything. But if someone else chews they get in trouble

xinli11 said:
Yeah, us honor society, national merit scholar types get away with everything.
[post="1342347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's the same with us. I was in Humanities all four years of high school (which is a step up from honors) and we got away with murder, as a whole. Yet there were still some in that group that were able to to really get on the teacher's good side and be able to do anything they wanted.

Jamison said:
That's the same with us.  I was in Humanities all four years of high school (which is a step up from honors) and we got away with murder, as a whole.  Yet there were still some in that group that were able to to really get on the teacher's good side and be able to do anything they wanted.
[post="1342401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ohh I know I did.. I could wonder the halls during class time and the teachers wouldn't even bother to ask what I was doing. They just assumed I had a good reason. and I got out of gym everyday, almost, by hanging out in the technology office., or something. I hated gym... dumbest class ever.

nah not really but last year the english teacher gave these two girls a really unfair advantage over the class which was wrong anyway since there were heaps of people who were better at english than they were

I'd say it happens somewhat...but to no extremes.

Example: My French teacher usually gives someone a pay-moi (pay me, you have to like apologize to the class or w/e) for not having their book but one time I forgot it and she was just like "read on with someone else." Or my study teacher likes me and my friends so we write a pass to the "bathroom" and go all over the school for like 20 minutes. It's little things....I don't think it's that bad of a problem...

Um, well I'm usually the one who gets favored by my teachers (except in chem cuz she hates everyone) so I'm not gonna complain... :blush:

My principal got me in "trouble" today. She told me that she'd talked to me enough about the dress code, and I had to go home and change my shirt (I didn't bother - I wasn't going to see her again). Then, later she gave one of my friends a red card (which means that she gets detentions). Obviously this worked to my advantage, but how is it fair? :rolleyes:

My principal is insane. I griped about him in the other thread, about stupid things teachers say. And he is totally sexist and bias! A guy can get in trouble, bring the topic around to hunting, fishing, sports, etc. before the punishment is doled out and be let off the hook with a warning. I've seen it happen! And we have this insane dresscode that he is constantly adding new rules to, that he tries to get almost everyone with. I say almost everyone becuase he has his favorites and they're not even the intelligent people who hardly ever get in trouble. They're the juvies who are in his office almost every day! There's this girl in my school that is a big girl no offense of anything some of my closest friends are that way, but they don't wear shirts that bare inches of stomach rolls and if they did they certainly wouldn't get away with it like she does! Gr... it makes me so mad. He is constantly picking on me and my group of friends. He got onto two of my friends, Rachel and Sarah, for hugging in the halls. He said it was a "Public Display of Affection"! Please. They were just joking around and it was a very platonic hug! He's like mental, I'm telling you.

First term Freshmen year...oye...sooo annoyed cause my two weeks in guidance changed my entire schedule because I refused to take two terms of math the next term so I could take the regents at the end of Freshmen year. But then it worked out because well I got really easy teachers. Hrm...math...I sat back there trying to teach myself biology most of the time...and still got a 98...and somehow she had good things to say to my mom during parent teacher conferences. Mr. O'Malley...well that class slightly pissed me off...because he never read any of the essays he gave...especially this thing called a collateral (some like research paper/project you get in all your classes that count as a big chunk of your grades)...well...he graded them as we were taking his final...you could tell he didn't read any of them...since he graded them in a minute an essay...yet I got 100 and some BS comment.

Back