Guns in Schools

VaughnFan13 said:
If security at my school found a student carrying a knife or something, we'd probably be expelled. LAUSD, my school district, has a zero tolerance policy, I believe.
[post="1117173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah, we had a zero tolerance too, and I know one kid that got expelled, but he had a full on hunting knife in his locker. We didn't have security at our school though.. just random locker checks. So, technically.. you'd never get caught if you carried everything on you. It's when you put it in your locker that got you in trouble :rolleyes:

aliasundercover said:
LOL.. I didn't mean that MOST people carry knives or guns, I meant that MOST people that do aren't on a quest to hurt somebody.  Personally, about 20% of the people I know carry a knife on them.  Ranging from pocket to butterfly.  I usually carry one that looks quite scary, it's like brass knuckles with a blade in the middle.  Hard to explain.  I never took that one to school though  :lol: School.. I'd have like a pocket knife, but I had a butterfly knife on occasion. :thinking: Oh, and as for the 'situation arises' comment.. I'd say it relates to both.  I use my knives to open stuff all the time, but I carry them for the purposes of defense.  Actually, the funny thing is, my friends call my purse the " Bag O' Weapons " cause I usually have at least 3 knives in it (one is a pen knife, so you can't see what it is), a stun gun, pepper spray, a baton, and handcuffs.  But no, that's not the norm.. I'm a bit extreme with my weapons collection.  One friend actually said, "If someone steals your purse, they'll bring it right back.. they won't want you hunting them down for it."  ;)
[post="1117017"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG seriously are you a cop?!
cuz why else would you have handcuffs....... :thinking: or a stun gun!!!!! :thud:
but the purse stealing comment is very funny

SkyGirl5 said:
OMG seriously are you a cop?!
[post="1117344"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
LOL.. Not yet, but I'm working on it. Actually, I'm focused on forensics.. but law enforcement in general is my career goal. (FYI, my brother is a cop)

we've had a sniper threat. We had all the blinds down on all the windows and these tables covered the cafeteria windows. The most quirky thing was that the sniper threat came from the father of a student in my school. Very wierd

Good God, does this stuff actually happen in schools? I mean, i knew it did but i didnt realise it was so..... common.
Nothing like that has ever happened at my school. Although its really hard to get a gun here so... i guess thats expected.
I find this facinating... and that makes me slightly morbid.

:eek: Like I said, it's easy to get guns where I live (hunting is very common) but we never had anything significant happen. A few fist fights and bomb threats.. that's it. No extreme violence to speak of.

There are a lot of fights at my school, sometimes with knives. But it doesn't scare me and I don't really care anyway. I've been involved in several fights, but I instigated all of them in one way or another.

Yea, there seems to be a lot of violence at my school. Knives a lot. Bomb threats too. There has never been any guns in school, but they have been found in people's cars.

There was a shooting in my hometown recently. A teacher was shot by her ex-husband. I felt bad for the kids because they went into lockdown in the school and had to lay on the floor for about three hours before the cops said it was ok to leave.

The first thing I remember is when some kid brought a lighter to school in 5th grade. That was the first time I really got scared, I didnt even tell my mom about it xP. Then there were some fights but the most recent one happened in front of the whole 8th grade (I'm in 8th) in the cafeteria. The gym teacher had to seperate them. Then yesterday someone was in the assistant principal's office, stuck something in an electrical outlet, and started a really small fire. I mean it was small because we didnt figure out what happened until today. What an idiot.

My cousin's school is worse and it's only about twenty minutes from my school. He's had bomb threats, hit lists on the bathroom walls, and lockdowns a few times. I was like "Oh my god, that really happens at your school?" I just wouldnt expect something like that to happen where I live -_-

Melissa said:
Well the 2nd adm. states we have the right to bare arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if you are 18 go for it! :smiley: no i was just messen around

Melissa
[post="1261484"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ok. . .

there are laws against bringing guns into school zones, so being 18 doesn't make it "ok"

AliasHombre said:
last week, one student from school shot another in his home and killed him.
When i was a freshman, someone brought a gun and a hitlist
[post="1114959"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Geez, the US really needs to rethink their gun laws. I cannot think of a single incident in Australia of a child bringing a gun to school. Any gun incident here - even if it is an armed hold-up in the smallest, most isolated town - is reported nationally for weeks. Here guns are just too hard to get a hold of. I'm guessing that's the reason, becuause it isn't that Americans are more homicidal than other people....

Back