Favotitsim in school

ugh...it's rampant at my school, mainly due to incompetence. At graduation, for instance, they have the top 2 students in the junor class act as marshals, 3-8 lead the senior class in, and 9-14 usher. When they called us down to tell us what our positions would be, I was not only surprised to find myself ushering, but that I was at the bottom of the list, which didn't make any sense to me because I was inducted in the NHS sophomore year and there were kids ahead of me in rank who weren't even have a high enough GPA to be eligible to apply. I went to guidance about it, and I was told that they "threw together" the list, rather than actually calculating all of the GPA's correctly.Then, at graduation today, on a 90 degree day, they have reserved seating for the marshals and ribbon bearers, but do nothing for the ushers, making us stand at the back of the gym for the 2 hour ceremony! It put me in a very bad mood :angry:

Yea, I got lots of favortisim, especialy when I was younger. I was smart and polite and all the teachers let me do anything. Teachers believed anything I said, really. I've realised now that it wasn't really fair, so this past year I stoped calling attention to myself and I dont want the special treatment. But all those years were sorta fun getting away with murder. :lol:

i wish i was favored, but yeah im not. in my chorus class the kids who are in main event and common ground (the specialty groups you need to audition for in order to be in it) those kids are always noticed more and picked on more in class and yeah it bugs me alot cause they get a whole lot more attention adn they always want everyone to folow they're example...but yeah some of them arent all that great let me tell you...

Haha, in some of my classes, I've been the favorite. & this is in both middle & high school. I have no idea why, but whatever.

One of my teachers would let me turn in papers late & still get full credit.

One of my teachers yelled at everyone who talked & would be like, well, you're getting points off & a U on the report card, but she never said anything about me talking. She would also give me tons of opportunities for extra credit. She would also let me skip the classwork every once in a while & just type stuff up for her on the computer.

Another teacher, well, she was strict. There was this guy who had a broken leg in my class & he was on crutches, but she wouldn't let him leave even a minute before the 5 minutes he was allowed to go early. But, she'd ask me to send things over to teachers (who were in the same building) & tell me I could go to lunch early. Also, every time I'd be talking in that class, she'd only ever yell at the person I was talking to, & not me. Haha, my friends & I were like, what the hell?

In 3rd grade our teachers favourite student was this girl on our class. She was good friend of mine during that time. We worked together in P.E but then the stupid teacher was all the time "Jo, can you show how to hit the baseball, Jo can you show how to be a good goalie, Jo do you want to be the captain of the cross country skiing...." and I hated it. Always in class when someone spoke the teacher got pissed, but when Jo said something nothing happened. In the end of the year in our school each 1st, 3rd and 5th grade students from each class vote someone on their own class to get this award that goes to the "everyones friend, nicest kid...etc." but that year we didn't vote. Our teacher chose the winner and guess who got it?

I have to add that Jo tried not to embrase it too much, so that she was all cool about it and we are still friends.

I used to be the favorite girl because I was quiet and always did my homeworks. Luckily my teachers didn't make a big number of it so I didn't get teased about it until we got this new Finnish teacher who made me an example. When someone didn't do their homework she always told them to look at me and be more like me and she used to told the whole class what I got from my exams to show them how good I was and how they should aim for the same.. I hated every moment of it and I actually got bullied a bit because of it.

I'm not in high school yet (next year) but it happens all the time in my school right now. My friend and i were actually jsut taking about this. For our grad we had awards and stuff, history award, math, science, literature and stuff. I think a lot of the teachers just picked there favourite students. Like one of my friends who is like an awesoem singer should have got the music award but my crazy music teacher gave it 2 some girl who barely knows how 2 play the clarinet!!! Also teachers favour people who play sports, which sucks considering I'm not athletic at all!! :thinking:

~Andrea

undercover_spy said:
I'm not in high school yet (next year) but it happens all the time in my school right now. My friend and i were actually jsut taking about this. For our grad we had awards and stuff, history award, math, science, literature and stuff. I think a lot of the teachers just picked there favourite students. Like one of my friends who is like an awesoem singer should have got the music award but my crazy music teacher gave it 2 some girl who barely knows how 2 play the clarinet!!! Also teachers favour people who play sports, which sucks considering I'm not athletic at all!!  :thinking:

~Andrea
[post="1405744"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, Jenna got screwed out of the music award, and I feel so bad for her :(

But not all teachers favor those who are in sports. I'm on every sports team, and a lot of teachers hate me (because I'm not afraid to voice my opinion).

But yes, favoritism did play a big part in our school, as I'm sure it did in every other school. Though there shouldn't be any, there will always be favoritism, whether it be big or small.

alias_luver said:
Yea, I got lots of favortisim, especialy when I was younger. I was smart and polite and all the teachers let me do anything. Teachers believed anything I said, really. I've realised now that it wasn't really fair, so this past year I stoped calling attention to myself and I dont want the special treatment. But all those years were sorta fun getting away with murder. :lol:
[post="1383113"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know! That's how it was for me in elementary school, but when I went to junior high I just started being quiet. An exception was this year though. I love history and since no one would ever raise their hand in history I would. We had a student teacher and she worshiped me! I was so sick of getting treated better than everyone else that I purposefully tried to get my name on the board (that was what she had as a decipline system) and she never put it up there! And I was acting so bad! I would just shout out random things in class and all she would do was give me a dirty look. Yea sure that day everyone in my class thought I was mental, but it was a lot of fun!

Also my science teacher that I totally hated favored the jocks because her sons played every sport. It was annoying!

It does happen...especially in public school, I noticed. (Private school is a WHOLE different story). There's little things, like when I'd get 88 percent in Geomertry and a friend of mine would get 87, and I'd get an A- and she'd get a B+ when I should have gotten an A- too, things like that. I've found if a teacher thinks you're "sweet", they'll go ahead and give you a slightly higher score. It's happened many times, and it does bother me when it affects my friends. I'm loyal. haha.

My US History teacher was like the master at favortizing or whatever you call it. There were these certain kids that no matter what they did he would give them a realll good grade. But that played to my advantage :P Cause even though he'd be really weird he gave me a good grade for some reason :confused:

But OMG. In junior high, there was this art teacher who hateeeed me. Mr Byron was his name. I had him in 5th grade and then I vowed to never take art again. I mean there was this one time where he toook my art and he was like showing it to may table and he's like "Ok..this is what you don't wanna do" :hmm: But yea. It's all over now so it's allright. :mellow:

OH! OH! OH! My math teacher last year, she had some sort of connection with these two kids. ONe who was a junior, and he was really good at math, and this girl. She would pick them for everythign And it gets really annoying after a while cause it's like other people know the answer too you know? :hmm:

I hated my english teacher in year 10 no matter how hard I tried I would only ever get a B+ even if it was quite clear that I should have got an A until we had to do a review of something and i of course choose Alias and mine was so amazing that he managed to give me an A- it totally deserved an A+ I went all out did it as a Rambaldi manuscript and everything.

I love being in Year 12 I can get away with doing anything!

i think i get the better end of Favoritism. I could've gotten detention three times in my four years of high school for being late, pulling the chair out from underneath someone (not as bullying, just temporary insanity), and something else i dont quite recall. but all three times the teacher let it slide.

Our school has a lot of favoritism. The only time it became a big problem for me was in sports. My coaches would practically play people because of who was in their family. One of the girls on the team, their dad was chairman of the school board. Another one, their parents were head of the Booster Club. Then it was also based on who you were related to, if you weren't related to the right people, you barely got any playing time. Which annoyed the felgercarb out of me.

In the classroom wise, I admit that the teachers do have favorites. I was a favorite among some of my teachers, I got away with a little bit more than some of my classmates. I remember like one time I had my basketball coach as a teacher, and he used to pick on me all the time. It kind of got annoying, though he was one of my favorite teachers.

Favortism happens a lot in my school. Especially in gym. My gym teacher WILL NOT punish me. I could punch my classmate in the face and he wouldn't punish me. I didn't really notice it until my friends started commenting about how I got away with everything in gym and they didn't.

My homeroom is also like that. She treats her homeroom a lot better than the other classes.

Sounds like most of you guys got on the better side of favortisim, while I got on the worst side! :D But I'll admit I have had my fair share of favortisim on my part. I had this on english teacher, Mrs. Capper. i loved her because she was so cool to me and my friends. We'd never get in trouble in her class for anything!

Back