Guns in Schools

Yea, someone brought a gun into my school last week. The sad thing was that no one cared. It wasn't scary at all. People actually said it was cool. :rolleyes:

Last week at my school, on the anniversary of Columbine and Hitler's birthday we had a serious threat and over 2,000 of the students at my HS skipped. I was brave and I went, but it was pretty scary. And this wasn't a random threat because they arrested a kid who had recently dropped out and they found weapons and plans of our school and how he was going to carry out the shooting in his house. It was scary because in my town it seems like nothing bad would ever happen. We're just a normal, mid-upper class suburb. But when all of this happened we actually found out that our school was on Oprah's list of the Top Ten Schools most likely to be the next Columbine, which really hit home. No one thinks anything would happen. We're all too sheltered - but this opened up our eyes to the fact that it could happen to us. It was a scary week and I am sorta nervous about the whole rest of the year, because all of the teachers are saying that the kid who got arrested had friends who might finish what he started. Also, at Columbine they had a similar threat like this a couple of months before it happened, which is scary. But we have police at our school for the rest of the year, so everything should be safe. At least I hope so.

Back