Finding My Way

Hi everyone!
this is my first fic so please be nice ^_^ i wrote it a while ago and completely forgot about it!
i want to say a huge thank you to Trish ( Ms.MichaelVaughn ) who encouraged me to post this and also came up with the name for the fic, so to say thank you this Fic is dedicated to Trish! Thank you so much sweetie!! :D
i hope you all enjoy it!
i will try and post the next chapter on friday! :smiley:
all reviews welcome
enjoy!
Amy xx

Chapter 1
Syd’s POV

My dad is going on another ‘business trip,’ leaving me at home, alone again. This time he would be gone for 6 months. For 6 months I wont hear from him, because he is unable to contact me, as he is working on an important and private deal with one of his clients.
“You know what…every time you left and walked out the door, to go away on one of your stupid trips…when I was little I would cry, because I didn’t want you to leave …there was a time as I grew up that I envied you being able to leave, to come and go as you please. But now…the truth is…if you walked out that door and never came back I wouldn’t shed a tear, I wouldn’t think anything of it, because I have gotten so used to it… and not just that if you did leave now, I wouldn’t even care, it wouldn’t bother me if I never saw you again. In fact I would be better off. I wouldn’t have to deal with the small talk and spending time with you when you decide to come home.”
I stand there with a stern expression on my face that rivalled my fathers “just get out dad” he turned to leave but I stopped him “oh and by the way don’t expect me to be here when you get back, I’m moving out, that way you wont have to bother about me…Good bye dad.” With that he turned and left slamming the door behind him.
I walked to the door and broke down, tears streaming down my face. I can no longer hold it in. He left; I thought maybe he would at least say something, anything. But he didn’t. He just left. Just like always. I lay down by the door and cry until I have no tears left.

I woke up at about 3am that morning still on the floor, my eyes still puffy and red. I no that I wouldn’t be getting any more sleep tonight, so I decide to get up and start the day. I get up and go to the kitchen and get myself a glass of water. It’s the start of another summer’s day and the sun is coming up between the clouds; I can see the sun rising through the window. I put my glass down on the counter and walk outside.
I stand there still looking out to the sunset letting the light breeze pass over my body. I start to think about a passage I once read in one of my mother’s books, which she gave to me before she died:

Up in the sky beyond the safeness of earth is clam
Tranquillity, a place where people can look and feel completely relaxed
A place where people look just so that they
Can look at something other than what they have to look at every day
The sky changes everyday, its never the same, it always changes,
It appears to be free,
Far beyond what people can get when faced with reality
The sky is free to change its colours whenever it wants
We are restricted as humans to do what we want,
We can’t just change over night
We can only change over time
But as long as the sky continues to change,
And the world continues to turn,
People will continue to change.

I feel a single tear slide down my cheek. “I wish I was as free as the sky,” I say softly to myself. I wished that my father had the ability to change; however I should know by now that that was an impossible wish. I stand there for what seems like hours until I realise the sun is now high in the sky. I wipe the tears from my cheeks with the sleeve of my jumper, and turn around and go back inside. As I close the door I sees my reflection in the glass, I’m horrified by what I see. My cheeks are stained and I still have the clothes on which I wore yesterday. I let my father cause me this much pain. But from that moment on I vow “never again.” With that I turned and went upstairs to have a shower.
I stepped into the shower cubical and turned it on. I stand there and let the water cascade over my body, cleansing me. Washing away all the hurt and betrayal.
I stand there and think about my mum. How I wish she were still here. She would never walk away and leave. More tears started to form in my eyes. I take a deep breath, turn off the shower and step out, getting ready to face this new day.

By 1 O’clock that afternoon I had packed up all of my belongings. I laughed at how simple it was to pack up what had become my life. Material possessions, which help to define who you are, things, which show people your personality, but those things cannot make you into the person you are, they cannot shape your personality, they merely reflect it.
I walk down stairs and take one last look at the life I had known since I was born. With one last look I turn and leave. As I walk towards my car, I take a deep breath and prepare myself for this new beginning.

:D hope you liked! dont forget your reviews!! :rolleyes:

hey Amy, :smiley:

It's so good to finally see this story posted here :smiley:
Before I go on with my review I really wnat to say a HUGE THANK YOU for dedicating this fic to me, taht was so very sweet of you :kiss:
I'm glad that I was able to help you and you know I would do it again ;)
Now about the story..
You alread knew how much I loved it but re-reading the first chapter it seems as if it has become even more stronger. :smiley:
You really hit it off with your first chapter and I know that you'll keep doing a great job with all your other chapters.
I wish you all the luck of the world with your story :clover: and most of all, enjoy it!
That the most important thing of all.

And by ending this review, I want to say that I really think you have the potential to write a wonderful and powerful story :D

You're doing great ;)

Lots of love, Trish

BTW: I would like to be on your pm list too

great start!!! so you didn't really put a summary or anything. but i'm guessing she's still in college. so will she still be a teenager during most of the fic or is it going to be one like, here's her life now a couple of years later?
anyways, great job!!! and update soon and pm me please.

Hey everyone!

ok so first of all i am SO sorry that i forgot to give you a bit of back ground to the fic and thankyou to
xxaliasluverxx for bringing it to my attention :D thank you honey!

ok so heres the summery:
basically Syd is studying to be a literature professor and works at a Bank part time, she is in her mid 20s. Francie is a smiliar age but is studying buisness. Eric is in his late 20s as is Michael and they are both currently working at a bank, while studying Law and playing Hockey :D

i hope that helps everyone!

i have written the next 3 chapters so i will post another one on friday if i get a chance!
thank you all for reviewing and showing interest in this story it means a lot

Amy xx

Hi everyone!
you guys are great! :smiley:
thanks for showing interest in my fic!
i will be posting chapter 2 tomorrow! :D
but till then i have provided you with some spoilers!! ^_^
i have also put the PM list below, if you have asked to be added and are not on then just let me know!
speak to you all soon :D
Amy xx

"she looks so broken"

"I make a mental not to ask ... about this mystery guy later. "

:woot:

PM list

· 6helterskelter6
· KAliasGirl
· Ms.MichaelVaughn
· Xxaliasluverxx
· Aliaschick347
· Kate 14
· funkeymonkey
· tubby
· Freelancer7315
· derevkointraining

:P

Interesting start, can't wait for what happens next
especially how Sydney and Vaughn are going to meet :P

please pm me when you update, thanks

Hey guys!!!
how is everyone??? sad cause Alias is over?? :( arent we all!!
anyway i posted some poilers yesterday just incase i didnt get a chance to post today as i currently have exams (n) but even though i am insanely busy i have made time to post!! :woot:
i also have to ask if anyone knows how to send out PMs in groups rather than one at a time?? i dont no how you do it if it or if its possible, but if it could someone let me no otherwise until my exams are over i dont think i will be able to send them?! :smiley:
thank you for all your kind words and support!
i will post again on friday definately, before if i get time to do some more writing but there will definately be one on friday!
sorry its short!
dont for get to review

hope you like it!

:angelic:

Chapter 2
Syd’s POV

As I pulled up outside my friend’s house, I smile as I see Francie walking towards me with a smile on her face.
“Hi Fran” I embrace her tightly.
“Hey girl what brings you to this part of town?” laughing slightly “we haven’t seen you in ages, Will says he hasn’t seen you in weeks?”
Pulling out of Francie’s embrace I look at my friend sadly, “I have been really busy lately, work has been crazy, I’m being transferred to a bank not far from here and you know, what with that and all the school work I’ve been getting. I haven’t had a lot of free time.” She turns to look at the ground “ I am so sorry Fran,” with that I break down.
Francie embraces me and guides me inside the house. She sits me down on her couch and holds me until I manage to calm down.

Francie’s POV

I look at Syd and she looks so broken. I wonder about what could have caused her to become so upset.
When she finally clams down, and sits up, wiping her tear stained face, I decide to ask her what’s going on. “Syd…what’s happened?”
“My Dad…he…he just left.” more tears flow down her cheek “he was leaving for another business trip and …I was so upset that I said I wouldn’t care if he never came back.” She takes a deep breath and tries to control herself “and I told him I wouldn’t be there when he got back…he just walked out without saying a work” her last words come out in a harsh whisper and I strain to hear her.
“Oh Syd I am so sorry that your dad left” I hug her once more “you can stay here, we can be roomies, I have been telling you to get out of that house for ages now. I mean your 21 Syd!” this caused her to laugh and I smile too.
“Yeah I’d like that” she turned to face me “thanks Fran”
“What are friends for?”

Syd’s POV

Later that day when I had finished telling Francie about all what had gone on with my Dad, I went to get my things from the car.
As I am at my car I see a car pull up on the drive next door. A man gets out. He looked about my age and was well built. I cant quite see his face as he has his back to me and I have a very heavy box in my hands, but I make a mental not to ask Francie about this mystery guy later.

:rolleyes:

xx

PM list

· 6helterskelter6
· KAliasGirl
· Ms.MichaelVaughn
· Xxaliasluverxx
· Aliaschick347
· Kate 14
· funkeymonkey
· tubby
· Freelancer7315