German Course

haha. Cool thread. I take German in school, but I'm only 2nd year, so I dont really know much yet, and I'm lost in the other german thread. Anyways,

Hallo! Ich bin Amy.
Ich bin 13 Jarhe alt.
Ich komme aus Racine, Wisconsin.

Itz the MT said:
Ich haß schule... Ich glaube dies ist besser.

:lol: I sound like an idiot now.. but i'll follow the course also.
Another correction :

Ich hasse die Schule... Ich glaube diese ist besser.

alias_luver said:
haha. Cool thread. I take German in school, but I'm only 2nd year, so I dont really know much yet, and I'm lost in the other german thread. Anyways,

Hallo! Ich bin Amy.
Ich bin 13 Jarhe alt.
Ich komme aus Racine, Wisconsin.
If you've got questions- also the the other thread- just ask! I mean sometimes I 'm also asking for an explaination because some words are in no dictionary..... :D

marco said:
Mt hast ein langes weg zu gehen :lol:
You're mixing the 2nd and 3rd "persons"...

MT hat einen langen Weg zu gehen. ( 3rd)
MT , du hast einen langen Weg zu gehen. (2nd)

Guten Morgen alle zusammen! ~ Good morning all togehter

all ~ alle
good ~ gut ( basic form)
together ~ zusammen
morning ~ [der] Morgen

der -> is the article to "Morgen" : Diffence to the English language , German has articles for male, femal and neutral nouns....
so you must learn the article with the noun ( like Latin with the tenses)

Maybe this sounds difficult and much stuff to learn and I must say it's like every language you learn- there's a point where you are thinking why you are doing this....and I want you to give a reason, why you are doing this: When you know enough- I'll give you German quotes form "Alias" ( 1st season- they haven't shown more here until now). [Or I'll translate other quotes and you translate back into English...] So how does that sound? :D

to be ~ sein ( basic form, irregular verb)

I am ~ ich bin
you are ~ du bist
he is ~ er ist
she is ~ sie ist
it is ~ es ist

we are ~ wir sind
you are~ ihr seid
they are~ sie sind

Exercise:

Sein oder nicht sein, .......

First part of a very famous quote.... :D
it's your turn to translate it...

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Translation help if you need it :
oder ~ or
nicht ~ not</span>

A.I.C. said:
marco said:
Mt hast ein langes weg zu gehen  :lol:

so beim dritten person brauchts du nischt die 's' und bei zweiten person zum beispiel du , dan gebraucht ihr ein 's' . hast oder hat lol

Hmmm ich habe nicht die unterscheid gemach zwischen 3 und 2 forme, vielleicht findest meine lehrer auf die schule das est nicht wichtig ist oder etwas

marco said:
A.I.C. said:
marco said:
Mt hast ein langes weg zu gehen  :lol:

so beim dritten person brauchts du nischt die 's' und bei zweiten person zum beispiel du , dan gebraucht ihr ein 's' . hast oder hat lol

Hmmm ich habe nicht die unterscheid gemach zwischen 3 und 2 forme, vielleicht findest meine lehrer auf die schule das est nicht wichtig ist oder etwas
That's possible but I don't think it's the right way to leave the grammar out....

Back