Coming Home

They forgot about Jason. teehee
And, Jack thinks that was good to forget about him.

Loved how Sydney fainted and Vaughn was there to catch her.
I wouldn't mind having Vaughn catch me.

Sydney has some serious fences to mend with Charlie.
Then it's Vaughn's turn to mend fences with both Sydney and Charlie.

Awww, that was so cute, Cookie! They found her! They found our widdle Charliekins! 😌

*happy sigh* This fic is so cute... What chapter was that again? 12? 13? (Too lazy to scroll up... It requires too much effort) But... But... I don't want this fic to end! :cry: And it doesn't even seem that long that you've been posting this either... *sniffle*

But I'm glad you posted it anyways, even if it was from ages ago :smiley:

One thing though, before I go!

She was perfect to him and he was glad to know her sound and safe in Sydney’s arms. Unaware, he looked at the upper level window to where they were.

:confused:

*scratches head*

What does Vaughn see out the window??? :blink:

Cai
x

ps. Awesome update!

Awww. I'm glad she's ok!!!

I hope that Vaughn and Sydney get back together :D

Charlie needs a daddy!

Update soon!

Thanks for the PMs,

Lauren

:daisy: for all those reviews...

I've been busy *again* :angelic: And I'll be working on the chappy tonight and post tomorrow... hope that's ok :thinking:

You're all awesome readers!!!!!! :P

And like Cai would say... cookums loves you :hug:

14/14

Inside the tower

“Sweetheart look at me!”

“Mummy I am mad at you. You always told me not to lie but now you lied to me. Why?” Charlie managed to get out on her mother in tears. Sydney knew that her daughter was really furious at her. Her big tears rolled down her cheeks. This really wasn’t supposed to happen this way.

“I know sweetie and that’s what we need to talk about, ok?” Charlie nodded, looking down to her fingers, laying in her lap.

“Ok honey I’ll make it simple for you to understand”

“Syd?”

She looked up to see Vaughn standing there “Yes?” He first wanted to leave them alone. This was something mother and daughter needed to discuss. But then again, he felt like leaving them alone. Whereas he promised himself from the day on he knew Charlie was his daughter that he would never be apart from her ever again.

“I wanted to ask you whether you want to be alone on this? Well… I’m here…you know … now. I only want to leave if you ask me to do so” it hurt him a lot to say that but he smiled when she nodded her head and patted the space on the left hand side of the mattress. Vaughn sat down on the empty spot next to them while Charlie was comfortable nestled in her mother’s lap with her arms around her mother.

“Where’s dad?” Sydney asked Vaughn.

“He’s waiting in the car he said. He knows that this is something we have to deal on our own.” Vaughn looked over at Charlie and softly caressed her leg that was half stretched out over his. This simple touch gave him goose bumps all over his body and his heart beat raced up.

Sydney turned her attention back to Charlie. “Ok then, here we go. Remember when we were talking about what you wanted from Santa?”

“Uh-huh! I said I wanted to have daddy with us” She said with her girlish voice.

“Yes. The only problem was that I had been lying to you all these years. I didn’t mean to. It just happened and the more you asked me about your father, the more I invented stories. The reason as to why I did this I don’t even know it for sure. I was angry at your father for leaving me when I knew I was going to have a baby. I was mad at him and I guess this is why, Charlie. I never meant to hurt you in anyway but today I realize that I did something terribly wrong.”

She stopped for a moment trying to catch her breath and Vaughn gave her hand a squeeze, reassuring her.

“Then you asked me to have daddy with you for Christmas and I didn’t know what to do. Charlie, you have to trust me on this that I really never wanted to hurt your feelings. Do you understand?”

Charlie only shrugged as Sydney went on “I love you… All I wanted for you is to be happy…. And meeting your father was a dream come true for you. But instead I only lied to you faking a father figure for you… that was very wrong. And I’m sorry for that… I really am!”

Vaughn silently watched the pair in awe. He couldn’t keep his eyes away from his daughter and still couldn’t believe she was definitely his. He was able to look at her like he has never had till now. Those green eyes and her long gazes… he was fascinated by how much she looked like him when he was a little boy.

“Jason is a colleague working with me at the same school and he was willing to help me. He’s really a nice guy and only wanted to help me out because I dragged him into this mess. I didn’t know your real father was going to step into our life out of nowhere.”

“So you’re my real daddy?” Charlie’s quivering voice floated through the room. Sydney soothed Charlie’s back with soft caresses. Both parents have never been so nervous about such an innocent little question coming from their child’s mouth. Something Sydney had always dreamt about but never thought it to come true.

“Yes I am, Charlie. I’m aware all of this is hard for you to understand but I promise you we’ll sort everything out” Vaughn said, looking at Sydney. This time it was her, squeezing his hand in support.

“I can see the pain in your mother’s eyes. I really think she never meant to hurt you, just like you never wanted to hurt her when you ran away or me when I ran away from both of you. Those were just things that happened.”

By now almost everybody was sitting there with tears in their eyes. “Daddy? Can I give you a kiss?”

“Of course sweetie” But before doing that, as every child would do, she looked up to her mother who acquiesced her wish. Only then, did she lift herself from her mother’s lap. Sydney helped her up, handing her over to Vaughn. Their fingers briefly touch each other a tingling feeling rising within both body.

Charlie went to sit into Vaughn’s lap and gave him a wet kiss on his cheeks.

“I’m sorry, daddy. I never meant to run away. I can call you daddy, right?” she wondered, looking again at her mother with lots of hope in her eyes.

“Yes you can sweetheart. It’s your daddy after all.” Vaughn squeezed her hand one more time and mouthed a thank you and Sydney squeezed his hand back. By now Charlie’s arms were wrapped around Vaughn’s neck and her legs around his waist with her head nuzzled in the crook of his neck.

“Well I think we should go. I don’t want to keep your dad too much waiting in the car, Syd!”

“I know Vaughn. I know.” They got up and Vaughn held her hand, while they proceeded down the small stairs. Downstairs he lifted her hand and kissed it softly. The closeness made it difficult for Sydney to resist and all she had to do was lean in a little further until her lips touched his in the slightest kisses ever.

“I love you Sydney, I always have so, don’t worry, we’ll figure it out.”

Taken aback by his words, all she could whisper to this was “I love you too Michael, I always have… we’ve lots of things to work through… I won’t make it easy for you but for the time being this means a lot to me… for what you just did there…”

“Thanks….”

They walked in silence towards the awaiting car. Later that night they stood at the door to Charlie’s bedroom, watching their sleeping daughter.

“I should be going” Vaughn said, massaging Sydney’s shoulders. “It’s getting late…” He turned around walking down the stairs to the basement with Sydney in tow. She watched him, dressing into his coat and wrapping a scard around his neck, readying himself for the cold weather outside.

She wanted him to stay but that wasn’t a good idea…not as yet. It was too early… She still needed to find trust in him. Seven years is a long time… a very long time…and now he was back in her life. Within a couple of days he had tumbled her life upside down just like so many years ago when they first met. It was no different this time. He had her wrapped around his finger already… She hated that… the last thing she wanted was to be hurt again and then struggle to have a normal life again, now that her life was stable.

She sighed heavily as Vaughn stepped up to her. He looked up and Sydney did so too. Mistletoe hung right above their heads. His shining eyes boring down into her brown orbs.

“You’re so wicked” she smiled in return. He knew he could kiss her, showering her with so many kisses she hasn’t had for a very long while.

“Vaughn” she moans seconds later into their passionate kiss, while his hands started exploring her body dangerously.

“Sorry…” they broke apart “Wrong move… I… I… you’re just so beautiful” he said sincerely gazing into her eyes one last time. His hands cupped her flushing cheeks. “I’ve missed you… you just don’t know how much I’ve missed you… I hope that one day you will forgive me… I understand if you don’t… I deserved it… I’m thankful for getting see my daughter. I hope you know how much that means to me. She’s amazing Sydney and I hate myself for missing all those years… I really do… I can’t turn back the past…”

“Shhhh…don’t… ok? You’re right… but I’m giving you the chance to make up…”

“Yeah… just don’t screw it up this time” Vaughn added as they smiled. But neither really thought it funny. “Thanks… I’m…”

“Yeah…”

“I’ll see you….?”

“Sure…”

“Ok… take care… love you” he dropped one last kiss onto her swollen lips from their recent heated kiss.

“Love you too” and with that he was gone. Sydney closed the door behind her, her back leaning against the door as a large smile grew on her face before she broke into tears. Deep down inside she felt like screaming and yelling but in her heart she felt that he said the truth. She knew they were going to make it…somehow…

THE END

A/N: I tried to make the best out of this...some of you might have checked the SD1 version but that ending literally sucked... reason why I didn't update yesterday... first I re-wrote this...second I have written a new story which is already up to 7 chapters :woot: :angelic:

So for those who aren't on my Master PM list and want to be on it...please lemme know ;)

Thanks to all who have reviewed... I know (no matter what you say LOL -_- ) this fic here hasn't been any of the bests... ;)

MASTER PM LIST
aliasobsessed89
Boyscout 4 Mountaineer
BrownEyedGirl
Bubbles
Cai
catfishally
Catpin
ChrisM
freckles3706
LaurenRachael
LifesMystery
lil_aussie_sez
Lovygirl
luckylass
mbellsdiva
Mountaineer_Elf
ReedCordial bandit
Silvinha
sparklingrainbow
SuperDuck123
SweetiePie
SYD96
Sydney A Vaughn
sydney_alias_vaughn
ubielecki
Vaughnlover15
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

Cai's first! BRB! :woot:

.. Cai's back and she's incredibly happy and incredibly sad and oh gosh, it's so confusing 😌 Firstly, I am so glad that our little Charliekins is back, alive and well... And I guess... Well, I guess you can say that everything's sorta worked out now, isn't it? Because Sydney (the silly doofy) has finally explained everything, and it's all in the open...

*bawls into Cookumses shoulder*

Although... *sniffle* Although a part of me still wishes that they haven't figured things out completely, so that this fic can continue to go on... Fourteen chapters isn't enough for me! *sulks in a corner* Awww...

And gosh, that was the perfect ending to this fic too... Just the whole mistletoe thing, and Vaughn leaving (just to go home, thankfully!), and Vaughnie and Syddie exchanging 'I love you's after seven long torturous years...

😌

COOKUMSSSSSS! Why must your fics always be so perfect and fluffy and cute?

*happy sigh* Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with us though Cookie, I've enjoyed it (for the very brief 14 chapters that it lasted :P)

:hug:

Cai
x

I didn't check the version at SD-1, and I don't need to. This one is great! Really. :smiley:
Perfect end. You should right an epilogue though! :D

That was so sweet :D

I'm all happy inside now (which is really hard at.. UGH! Not even 9am :P )

I love the Vaughn/Charlie interaction! I'm glad that Syd let him back into her life, even though I think that she is an idiot for doing so. But c'mon, this is VAUGHN we're talking about!!

(y)

Will there be a prologue-y thing? I hope there is!!

Thanks for PMing me with this story,

Lauren

Back