Good Charlotte

My sister saw them and A Newfound Glory in concert a little while ago. I should've gone. Those are two of my favorite bands. I wish they'd come somewhere near where I live so that I could go see them.

Hi peoples! I'm invading because I'm somewhat Good Charlotte obsessed too. :D My favorite songs are "Emotionless" and "The Young and the Hopeless." Of course, I'm kinda obsessed with the whole CD, but ya know. :D

vaughnandsydney said:
What exactly makes Good Charlotte posers? The statement that they're posers always bothers me because I just don't get it. :confused:
Okay, so I actually have a comment for this. There are some people (especially people in my English class) that think something automatically sucks because it was on MTV. Personally, I don't understand it and think it's petty. It doesn't matter where you hear it, good music is still good music. And if they don't like the music then so be it. ;)

I love both of those but then again I love all their songs. They're all great. I just got their first CD and now I love all those too. Just had to post to bring GC back onto the first page.

I hate this band with a passion.
Just another "teeny-bopper" group who plays loud music disguised as rock. Them, along with Sum41, Blink182 and the rest are a bunch of cr*p!

~~Spongy!

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
Just another "teeny-bopper" group who plays loud music disguised as rock. Them, along with Sum41, Blink182 and the rest are a bunch of cr*p!

~~Spongy!
lol, I do too. But they are great for the younger audience, don't they send a good message or something like that-- I rememeber there being an article stating that

SpongeBobSquarePants said:

~~Spongy!
I agree spongy, there just poppunk, 10 bucks says if you ask most of the people here what punk is, they'll say Good Charlotte. Too bad The Distillers s*** all over Good Charlotte in terms of punk, even AFI's first album reeked of pure punk, so do Rancid. Good Charlotte are the marketable version of "soft punk for little girls"

Blah, okay, they are from a half hour from me, here's the deal, the music they play is pretty basic, people dislike them mainly because of their lack of music prowess, and it has slightly to do with the fact that they are "posers," but they apparenetly even admitted to not being punk rock, but they are also, from all the people I know who have met them or know them, not the nicest people or have changed from nice to people to not so nice people, at least Joel and Benji, that's why this mysterious fifth drummer you mention left. And for all they sing about being poor and from the ghetto, WALDORF ISN'T A GHETTO, they sure are doing some excellent things with their money, <<<sarcasm. Sorry, wee bit bitter that they are painting our area as a horrible place. But I'm glad that people connect with them, their message, and find their music enjoyable, I believe that you should enjoy your music not matter what anyone else says. So keep on keeping on, but that's just why I and many of my friends dislike them.

Wow, that is A LOT of Good Charlotte haters all in a row. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't get why everyone hates them so much. I don't like them because I think they're punk. I don't care about who's punk and who's not. I just like thier music. That's all that matters, as far as I'm concerned.

Back