Season 4 Greatest Wish for Season 4

newtothegame said:
2. Ron Rifkin and Victor Garber's talents were noticably underused this season. Their powerfully contained and expertly calculated character portrayals are intriguing. Likewise, the deliciously complicated and diabolical nature of their relationship is an anchor of the show in my opinion. I watch this show just as much to relish the pregnant undercurrents of plotting and deception expressed in their eyes and their spare dialogue. It appears that the less they say, the more they seem to be thinking and planning, the more loaded the situation becomes. They seem like two predators constantly in the process of sizing each other up and amazingly both always seem to be in total control of the situation. The tension is magnificent.

3. They need to let scenes breathe more, both visually and emotionally. This was a strong point of the first two seasons and negative aspect of several of the later episodes this season where they tried to cram too much plot development into the show. It suddenly became more about the plot than about the characters. They have so many talented actors who deliver a much deeper, well-rounded performance through quiet, non-verbal means such as body language, facial expression and intuitive, natural interplay with the other actors. The willingness to allow silence and slow time a role in this series has given it a very powerful, dramatic impact that you don't often see in prime-time television. I miss it!
You are so right on both points.

Les

Sarkney, Sarkney, Sarkney!

And possibly kill Vaughn? 

No! No! No! All jokes aside, I just don't see them letting Syd and Sark get together romanticly unless Syd character has a dramatic change to the dark side.
Michael Vaughn better not be killed off this show. Anyway supposedly some interviewer asked Syd about the possiblity of MV being killed off the show and (this is not exactly what she said but the connotation was) "no MV, no Syd."

TunerChic said:
And possibly kill Vaughn? :smiley:
YESS!!!!! That would be magnificient!!1 w00t!

And then have Sydney and Lauren be together. Mmmm...sexual tension needs to be released. Mehehehe. Muwhaha. :D

Well and all the other things I want for season 4 that is on the page before. Yup.

Irina to be head of Coveanant

Lauren to survive.

Anna to also be Coveanant.

A new character to rival Sark.

Senerio: Years ago, while on a mission Sark kills character's entire family while character hides when character is a child. Character gets trained by Sloane another head of the former alliance and Character is hell bent on revenge.

-If Sydney and Vaughn get back together, their life outside the CIA will probably give the series a lighter side (which it had during the the Sydney-Francie-Will days). With Francie dead and Will in WPP, the life of Sydney outside the CIA is now a missing link, but with Vaughn back in the picture (?), they could create come storyline in that area.

ya but they need to give Syd an outside life, she has all her friends in the CIA and she has no outside friends. not just Vaughn but a friend she can trust or someone outside the CIA she can trust. she needs to have a social life which she hasn't had since Francie was murdered and Will became in W.P.P.

Back