Hanging By A Moment Here With You

Okay, first off, I don't know if this is going to be very good or not. I'm taking some of the parts of this story from real life experiences so if u get pissed that the story isn't whatever enough, blame life.

Summary: Sydney, Micheal, and Lauren are in highschool. They are homeschooled and Vaughn and Lauren are 2 grades above Sydney. Nadia is Sydney's older sister who is in college, Francie is Sydney's best friend and is in highschool with Syd, Micheal, and Lauren. Micheal and Lauren are seniors, Sydney is a sophomore. Sydney and Micheal take a few of the same co-op classes, Lauren does all of her school work at home. Eric is a mutual friend of Sydney and Micheal's, Lauren doesn't have much contact with him. Eric and Nadia are not together in this fic as Nadia is a freshman in college and Eric is a junior in highschool, Eric is like a brother to Nadia and Sydney. Nadia has a boyfriend, erm, okay, Will is Nadia's boyfriend. I don't know if I'll ever mention him or not.

Disclaimer: Sydney, Micheal, Lauren, Nadia, and Eric belong to the brilliant JJ Abrams and Bad Robot and ABC, I don't own squat.

I won't continue this unless you guys want me to so I guess this is all up to you guys! Enjoy and please leave me feedback, good or bad, I just want your input!

Sydney laid down on her bed and closed her eyes, her day had been brutal. She had homework out the wazzu, a blowup fight with her mom, and to top it all off, she hadn't seen or spoken to Micheal in a week.

It was lame, she knew it, her moods changing according to whether or not she saw or spoke to Micheal Vaughn. Somehow, no matter what she was going through, just talking to him made her feel better. It was as if he knew exactly what to say to cheer her up when she was down. That smile, those dimples, the way his eyes lit up when he laughed, he could just look at her and make her feel better. Sydney was smitten, worse than that, she thought she might be in love. For most people, this thought wouldn't be scary. When most people feel that way, they're happy, but not Sydney.

The first problem was that Sydney had never been in love and was petrified that she might be now. The more important reason that Sydney was unhappy that she thought she might be in love, was that this boy, Micheal Vaughn, had a leech attached to his shoulder. The leech was named Lauren Reed. She had been Micheal's girlfriend for the past year and Sydney hated her. Contrairy to what you would think, Sydney did not hate Lauren simply because she was jealous, although that did contribute to the problem. Sydney hated Lauren because she was ( in Sydney, Nadia, and Francie's oppinions) a egotistical drama queen who thought the world and all it's inhabitants, revolved around her. (Sydney was also something of a drama queen but not nearly as bad as Lauren)

Sydney called Eric and they talked for a few minutes. Eric was fun to talk to but he worked at the local skating rink and was always tired from working too much, and trying too keep up with school all at the same time. Not only that, he wasn't Micheal and therefore was unable to cheer Sydney up once she got in a really bad mood. Sydney hung up with Eric and thought about how pathetic she felt. She had a good life, great friends, familly who loved her, she was getting good grades in school and had great ambitions for the future. The few problems she had consisted of a bad teacher and the occasional arguments with her mother. But Sydney felt deep down that Micheal was her soul mate, she had felt that way for years. Sydney decided sitting on her bed and thinking about how pathetic she was wasn't going to help her mood, so she decided to log online.

Sydney skimmed her buddy list to see if by some off-chance anyone was on. He wasn't, but a Francie was.

Sgrl47: Hey grl
buzybeefc: hey, wassup?
Sgrl47: nm, hoping micheal will get on
buzybeefc: aren't u always?;)
Sgrl47:lol, :angelic:

Sydney and Francie spoke for a while,Francie's company helped but Sydney was still in a bad mood. Francie and Syd were in the middle of a who's-hotter-debate between Orlando Bloom and Heath Ledger when Sydney noticed that someone had signed on.

Sgrl47:Omg!
Buzybeefc:what?
Sgrl47:he's on!
Buzybeefc: oh dear *rolles eyes*
Sgrl47: i'm not gonna talk 2 him
buzybeefc: y not?
Sgrl47: 'cause i'm in such a crappy mood right now, i don't want to scare him, lol
buzybeefc: fine,whatever, you're so crazy

Suddenly, an instant message from Micheal popped up on Sydney's screen.

hockysk8r: hey

Okay, what do you guys think? I know I havn't gotten much out of all of the characters yet but that will come in time, please reply, even if you didn't like it! Thankies, ~Lauren

LAUR! continue! *nods* if you don't, i'll go recruit ash and then you know what happens then :P

pm me please! they are SOO soul mates and that was an evil ending *pouts* write more! *poke* i wanna see what syd says!

luv juju :harp:

Yea, *nods*, we all know what will happen if you dont continue this!
Even though *mumbles* I didnt *mumbles* know about *mumbles* this fic *mumbles* until I *mumbles* actually read *mumbles* that stupid PM *mumbles*
Now what have I told you about that hm? Was it soemthing along hte lines of 'Dont just say *new fic* cause Ill delete it?' yea, I think it have been...
Well, I liked it!
I think Im having de ja vu though....
I cant believe you didnt tell me you were starting this! I feel out of the loop!!
Thanks for telling me!! *cough* *cough*
Luv you!! *shifty eyes*
*you didnt tell me!*
Ash

Interesting start. If you decide to continue please PM me. You are going to loose Lauren soon aren't you, please.
Thanks for the PM

Lol, so hmmm, i guess i'll be continueing then! Thanks so much you guys! And ash, u weren't on last night *pokes with stick* hence you being "out of the loop"

pm list:

shotput25ash
vaughnshoney
Sarahmañana
deranged girl
Addicted 2 Alias
vaughnsgurl4lf
Bubbles
helpleesromantic
syd26
sydneymicheal
Jen-Jen