Politics Hugging Ban Sparks Dispute at Ore. School

Aliasfan13 said:
Yeah, PDA is a biiig thing at my school. I mean...hugging your bf/gf or putting your arm around her or something...I think that's...okay in my school. But kissing is definitely out. I think you could definitely get dentention or suspension for that. To some extent, I agree...it puts up a boundary for kids.
[post="1344994"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
people make out in the hallways at my school all the time.. nobody really cares once you're in high school. I think putting restrictions on such things goes a bit far.

I don't think it's too far at all. Part of high school is social development. Schools need to set boundaries such as this so that people know how to act once they're in the real world and there's no one to tell them to stop except themselves. It's supposed to teach you how to be a decent and respectful citizen. Maybe it doesn't bother high schoolers if their friends make out in the hallway, but what if you're at the movies and the people behind you are practically getting it on. Wouldn't you be bothered? Or if your Grandma saw two people groping each other in the market? I think she'd be a little taken aback. It's just good manners not to do that sort of thing in public. Banning hugging or quick pecks is too extreme I think, but making out and anything beyond that shouldn't be allowed in school because it shouldn't be done in the real world.

[quote name='Queen Anne's Lace' date='May 18 2005, 04:49 PM']I don't think it's too far at all. Part of high school is social development. Schools need to set boundaries such as this so that people know how to act once their in the real world and there's no one to tell them to stop except themselves. It's supposed to teach you how to be a decent and respectful citizen. Maybe it doesn't bother high schoolers if their friends make out in the hallway, but what if your at the movies and the people behind you are practically getting it on. Wouldn't you be bothered? Or if your Grandma saw two people groping each other in the market? I think she'd be a little taken aback. It's just good manners not to do that sort of thing in public. Banning hugging or quick pecks is too extreme I think, but making out and anything beyond that shouldn't be allowed in school because it shouldn't be done in the real world.
[post="1345915"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

I completely agree. It was disgusting to see people 'sucking face' (sorry for the crude language...but seriously, that's what it was) every day while walking to class. That shouldn't be allowed.

Now outlawing hugs? Give me a break. I've hugged friends who were having a bad day or had found out a loved one was sick, when I was in school. Should I have gotten detention for that? Absolutely not.

[quote name='Queen Anne's Lace' date='May 18 2005, 03:49 PM']I don't think it's too far at all. Part of high school is social development. Schools need to set boundaries such as this so that people know how to act once their in the real world and there's no one to tell them to stop except themselves. It's supposed to teach you how to be a decent and respectful citizen. Maybe it doesn't bother high schoolers if their friends make out in the hallway, but what if your at the movies and the people behind you are practically getting it on. Wouldn't you be bothered? Or if your Grandma saw two people groping each other in the market? I think she'd be a little taken aback. It's just good manners not to do that sort of thing in public. Banning hugging or quick pecks is too extreme I think, but making out and anything beyond that shouldn't be allowed in school because it shouldn't be done in the real world.
[post="1345915"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
There's nothing "wrong" with making out. sure I think having sex in the hallway is wrong but if people want to kiss.. let them :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't mind people kissing but having a full on makeout session is gross, to me it is. I guess kissing to me is like pecks on the mouth, face, even tv kissing which is basically open mouth but no tongue I can tolerate but no Frenching please :rolleyes: :lol: If the couple can't help it, then there should an unwritten time limit :lol:

Groping or dry humping is just rude and disgusting. Lord, I remember seeing a picture of Anna Kournikova and Enrique on a bench on top of each other with his hand down her pants!!! They're were doing it near a beach where children were! And they're adults!

My school doesn't have policies on PDAing... I don't think... :thinking:

:lol: shows you how much I know about my school rules. All I know are two dress code rules. Shirts must have straps, and the straps must be 3 fingers wide, if there is no straps you've gotta put a jacket or a shirt over it. (and that also includes no extreme showing of clevage etc) The second one is that you can't wear shirts that shows a large chunk of your midriff. I guess there haven't been a rule because it haven't been a big issue at my school. I see couples kissing but not really "sucking face" Banning hugging is probably the most idiotic rule I've ever heard, and I've heard quite a few good ones espeically this year with new administration at my school. :rolleyes:
--Mandy :angelic:

Back