Hurricane Isabel

SiriCerasi said:
Wow those are some nice pictures! Is Shannon your sister? You guys look pretty wet ^_^
Yup, she's my sister and we were pretty wet. :smiley:

And yeah, I think it means surviving b/c it coulda been a lot worse.

So that's how your lil sis looks like! She's pretty from what I can see!

Ohhhhh it's soooooo green and pretty where you live! It's just the humidity don't like....

alias8000 said:

Ohhhhh it's soooooo green and pretty where you live! It's just the humidity don't like....
It sure is pretty around here and it'll be even greener with the almost 2 inches of rain we received. The highest wind gust around here was 60mph.

Flames24 said:
alias8000 said:

It sure is pretty around here and it'll be even greener with the almost 2 inches of rain we received. The highest wind gust around here was 60mph.
daaaaaaaaaang

alias8000 said:
Flames24 said:
alias8000 said:

daaaaaaaaaang
I know. And then I decided to go outside and had to carefully watch the trees when a big gust came. That had me on edge for a bit. I prolly seem a lil excited to everyone b/c I am.

That was my second hurricane that I've been thru. My first one was Hurricane Bob in Myrtle Beach in '86 when I was two. I can't quite recall it of course since I was so young.

I've been through a few hurricanes, since I lived near the coast of CT from '87-'98. I think we got the tail end of Andrew, back in the day...

I was hoping that the Eye would come my way, but it was a bit far to the northeast of me.

There's tree branches and leaves all over the place. There's even bits of leaves stuck like glue to my windows.

How's this for what a difference a day makes? Today it'll be 85 and partly cloudy.

Flames24 said:
I was hoping that the Eye would come my way, but it was a bit far to the northeast of me.

There's tree branches and leaves all over the place. There's even bits of leaves stuck like glue to my windows.

How's this for what a difference a day makes? Today it'll be 85 and partly cloudy.
I was hoping it would come my way also. lol it was farther north west for mee ^_^

yea that stick that flew into my window last nite is still there. lol

Betha Bristow said:
Flames24 said:

There's tree branches and leaves all over the place.  There's even bits of leaves stuck like glue to my windows.

How's this for what a difference a day makes?  Today it'll be 85 and partly cloudy.
I was hoping it would come my way also. lol it was farther north west for mee ^_^

Did you have as much fun as I had, Bebri?

Betha Bristow said:
Flames24 said:

There's tree branches and leaves all over the place.  There's even bits of leaves stuck like glue to my windows.

How's this for what a difference a day makes?  Today it'll be 85 and partly cloudy.

the eye was probaly only 70 miles away from me i almost got it...lol

didyall have any trees fall

i had 2 and my parents made me wake up and help them clean up the trees at 730 on friday morning...

and i still dont have power, cause of all the trees that fell on power lines

yeah Isabel hit here in Pennsylvania also, there were actually school closings north of Pittsburgh which doesn't make any sense. But yeah, we got rain alright but it wasn't that bad.

My aunt and cousins who live in Richmond, still do not have power and my cousins are still not in school!!I feel so bad! And i think the powers out only in her neighborhood, and everyone else has power! :( My aunt loves the Bachelor, but she missed the premiere so she's in like total denial!lol

Back