Just One Kiss

i hate that surprise visit from alice.. she almost ruined everything... i'm glad she didn't
and i just love it that syd and vaughn's relationship is comfortable.

thanks for the pm and update soon

aww that was such a cute chapter!

LOL i love syd telling alice off.. she got what she deserved!

they are so cute together!

thanks for the PM and update soon!

OMG! i go away for like 3 days and come back and SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!

love the ring thing....syd and vaughn r so gorgeous together and i love the way they're so natural.

VAUGHN HAS DAMN SEXY EYES (not as sexy as will's but close!)

OMG go syd! loved her "listen up barbie: speech....hilarious!!!

great update! cant wait for more!

Alice will be back, I'm sure of it :Ponder:

Syd and Vaughn are destined to be together :2love:

nothing could ever split them up :love:

please update soon :groupwave:

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

Chapter 21
Sydney woke up with her head resting on the pillow beside Michael’s and her arm draped over his chest. She felt him stroking her arm and hand softly and knew he was awake. “Hey.” She sighed.

“Morning.” He smiled.

She reached her hand over and intertwined it with his. “You know what I love?” She asked quietly.

“Hmm?”

“This.” She said as she wiggled her left ring finger, referring to the ring on it.

“I love it too.” He sighed.

“It makes me feel really good.... does that sound stupid?” She asked.

“No.” He smiled. “It makes me feel good too.”

“Good. OH!! Nooo.” She groaned as she bolted from the bed and disappeared out of the bedroom.

“What?” Michael asked as he sat up. Sydney returned a moment later with a handful of crinkled papers and sat on the bed next to him. “What the hell is this?” He asked.

“My notes... for my next article. I completely forgot about writing it!” She groaned.

“Ok wow just so many things...,” he sighed.

“What?” She laughed.

“Well first I don’t know how you even understand your own writing.” He said as he picked up a paper and tried to decipher the words. “Second, when is this article due?”

“Tuesday at two,” she said.

“I forgot you had to leave,” he said sadly.

“I know.” She sighed. “Even worse I have to buy another ticket...”

“What?” He asked, sounding really concerned.

“Nothing,” she said quickly.

“Sydney,” he said.

“Alright fine.” She groaned. “I only have a hundred dollars in my bank account and the ticket cost eighty nine dollars so I had to charge it on my emergency card.” She cringed.

“Why do you only have a hundred dollars in your bank account?” He asked.

She shrugged. “Rent... food.... student loans... Plus I haven’t been able to pick up any freelance pieces because I was so busy finishing the novel and finding an editor which now appears to be a waste of time...,” She sighed. He just shook his head and looked away; that broke her heart.

“Michael,” she said quietly. “You don’t like me living up there do you?”

“No, I don’t.” He said. “Who told you?”

“Alice, actually,” she said.

He nodded slowly. “Well I don’t like it Syd.”

“I’m beginning to think that I don’t like it either.” She sighed. He looked over at her. “It’s just... when I’m there its fine. It’s fun... I guess. I mean it’s fast paced and so different than here. When I was there, I hadn’t been back here in so long... and I guess I just forgot what it’s like. I missed you when I was there. Coming here... I realize what I’ve been missing. Your mom.... she’s just so great and I miss talking to her I miss... I just miss having that person who’s just... a mom and telling you that you’re too thin and you need to eat!” She laughed.

“Mostly though I realized how great it is to have you around, even if we were fighting half the time. And now... with us... I’m gonna miss you too much.” She sighed.

He reached his arm around her and kissed her head softly. “So what are you saying Syd?”

“I’m saying... maybe I wanna move back here.” She sighed. “I mean.... I hate that job I’ve got and I can write anywhere right?”

“Yeah.” He smiled. “Syd you can do anything you want. You’ve got a degree in English and you can do whatever you want!”

“Except I’m poor.” She laughed.

“Aww well if you move you can live here and I won’t charge you any rent.” He smiled.

“Okay.” She laughed. “Ohh I wish I could move tomorrow.”

“Yeah.” He said as he rubbed her back.

“But I’m going to start the whole moving thing. I really am,” she said.

“I’m glad,” he said as he kissed her head.

“But for now I have to do this.” She grimaced. “Or I won’t have enough money to move.”

“I can loan you some money if you...”

“No.” She interrupted him. “I’ll be ok.” She sighed. He looked weary. “I will! I’ll just skip a meal... or two a day.”

“Syyyd.” He groaned.

“Kidding.” She smiled. “Now lemme write this.”

“Okay.” He sighed as he lay back down on the bed and rubbed her back while she gathered her notes and began to write.

~*~

“Finished.” She groaned an hour later. “I’m gonna be so glad when I never have to think about this stuff again.”

“Yes,” he said.

“So when are you going back?” He asked.

“Ummm well... it could go back tonight but there’s really no point in it since I have nothing to do first thing tomorrow so I’ll just go back tomorrow morning with all the commuters.” she said.

“Okay good. So we have the whole day.” He smiled.

“Yep. What do ya wanna do?” She smiled. He shrugged. “Okay well I’m gonna go take a shower while you figure it out ok?”

“Kay.” He smiled. She kissed his forehead before slipping out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

~*~

“Michael, you wouldn’t happen to have a hair dyer would you?” She called from the bathroom twenty minutes later.

“Uh yeah I think I do... is it in the bottom drawer?”

“Is it?” She asked.

“Yeah uh – whoa.” He paused when he pushed open the bathroom door and found Sydney standing in jean shorts and a bra.

“What?” She asked.

“You’re not wearing a shirt.” He said plainly.

“Yeah.” She laughed. “If I wear my shirt when I dry my hair it gets all wet and hair-ish. Does this bother you?”

“No...,” he said. “I just haven’t seen you without a shirt on.”

“Uh huh.” She laughed.

“Here is your hair dryer.” He said as he handed it to her.

“Thank you.” She took it and went to plug it in but notice he was still standing there staring at her. “Like what you see?”

“Maybe I do.” He smiled before leaving the bathroom.

~*~

“You know one good thing about moving here?” She smiled.

“Umm living together?” He smiled.

“Yes, but more specifically you’re suuuuch a good cook.” She grinned as she carried their plates to the sink to wash them.

“Why thank you.” He smiled.

“Dude what the hell happened!” Someone called as the front door banged open.

“Come on in Eric.” Michael laughed.

“I’m gone for a week – one week!” Eric shouted as he came into the kitchen. “And you go insane. Hey Sydney.”

“Hi Eric.” Sydney laughed.

“I’m never going away again. You’re not safe to leave alone.” He sighed. “How could you want to marry that... that ... girl!” Eric asked.

“Uh, aren’t you the one that told him to go out with her or something?” Sydney asked.

Eric turned to Michael. “You told her that?” Michael shrugged. “You two are weird... besides I just thought he could have some fun with her, you know she’s a college chick.” Eric smirked.

Michael winced; Sydney grimaced. “I think I’m going to throw up.” She groaned.

“What? Did I cross a sharing line?” Eric asked. Sydney rolled her eyes. “Wait holy s*** – why is Sydney wearing an engagement ring?!” Eric gasped.

“Eric...,” Michael began.

“You didn’t!” Eric gasped. “You got engaged to two women in under a week!? YOU FREAK!”

Sydney laughed. “Michael and I aren’t engaged.”

“Oh then who are you engaged to?” Eric asked.

“No one,” she said. “This is a promise ring,” she said.

“Who are you promised to?” Eric asked.

“Michael,” she said.

Eric was silent for a moment and he just stared at them both before whimpering. “I’m so confused.”

“Sit down Eric we’ll explain everything to you.” Michael sighed.

“Good, but do you have any food left? All this confusion is making me hungry.”

eric :love:

PM LIST
Addicted 2 Alias
sydney_alias_vaughn
mightylittleone
xxaliasluverxx
sarkattack
alias_luver
i love vaughny
aliasdancer007
vaughnsgurl4lf
Angel
KAliasGirl
texasalias2004
sabbiee_co
one&only44
SydneyVaughn47
stealthy
akaJB
helpleessromantic
freckles3706
LifesMystery
vaughnshoney
kacl
hannahb
gucci_94
meghanlyn85
syd26
loane
BrownEyedGirl
aprilsfool6
Phoenixwannabe
ams4alias
ASIOagent
Mountaineer4746
batman
Lovygirl
SpyChic16
KAC
EJ11
SydVaughn1001
Vaughn-a-holic!439
Alias79
Wild_Child
cupcake55
tunita
twinkley_angel
freelancer79
Garner_Chick6
mbellsdiva
catfishally
Nicky_Bristow
aliasobsessed89
kalias
Jen-Jen
secret_agent_angel
Catpin
ashqua
seona
kittykatsmeow
leelow13
buckeyealum2000
ubielecki
Monstica
ChrisM
Syd_ Vaughn
SydAPO05
anji_alias
wiseman
Alwazabrat
cookiemonster
luckylass
sydneyv22
alizas
superspy
maddy28
SpygirlAmy
ae_gurl293
frangipani
rileylovesalias
PointguysGirl
invisible
Action!Vaughn
74Aliaschickita47
sparklingrainbow
aliasfan212
alias05
spy41
ekm324
aliasisthebest
Elle_47
Nancy O
syd_kicks_serious_ass
Tuga
atekamel
Ms.MichaelVaughn
alias_chick_47
Minttu
aliasisthebest
Lor_Aliasfan47
smartgirl2004
Queen of hearts
MH55995
sydofthesea
MontrealRocks
ILOVEALIAS27

haha! Eric's such a legend!!! so random, but i love him anyway!

WOOT syd's moving in!!! yay!

and love the shirtless comments, i can imagine Vaughn standing tehre just....staring!

great update! i'm so addicted to this!!!

OMG, this chapter was soo funny, I kept laughing through it!! :lol:

Weiss is the funniest out of the lot!!

great funny writing, update soon :groupwave: :lol:

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

P.S.

I cant stop laughing :lol:

I love that chapter. I love Eric's reaction when he walked in and saw Sydney wearing an engagement ring.

Thanks for the pm.

Gotta love Weiss. :lol: Glad that Syd is moving in with Vaughn.:woot: I'm surprise they haven't been tempted to sleep together yet...after all, they're sleeping in the same bed all cuddled up.:blush:

Can't wait for more. Great job!

:smiley:

CJ

Back