Season 5 More details on the "big" finale spoiler

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
SO exciting. I found lots of new Lena Olin/Irina info at lenaolin.net. Check it out!

tvguidemay152005-02.jpg

Transcribed article from TV Guide:

On the Burbank, California, set of Alias, a recently rescued prisoner is quietly recounting details of unthinkable torture. Her eyes are hollow with exhaustion. Scars and bruises form grotesque ribbons around both wrists. But while superspy Sydney Bristow, played by Jennifer Garner, has witnessed this scenario countless times before, she can't help but fight back tears. After all, the broken beauty before her is her mother, Irina Derevko, and until moments ago, Sydney believed she had been offed by her pops.

"But no one really dies on Alias, right?" asks Lena Olin, who's returning as the duplicitous Derevko after a two-year absence from the ABC spy-serial. "I am definitely back."

And how. Irina may not be, as creator J.J. Abrams cracks, "resurrected from the dead with some kind of Rambaldi serum," but her return will provide a shot of adrenaline to the end of the season. In the May 18 episode, Sydney and Co. discovers that Irina is being held captve by her power-hungry sister Elena (Sonia Braga); they break her out, just in time to help (or hurt?) Sydney as she tries to prevent a Rambaldi-foretold apocalypse in the May 25 finale. (Syd will have a bit of bliss when Vaughn, played by Michael Vartan, suddenly pops the question.) "It's a wild finale," Abrams says excitedly. "And in order to make it work the way we wanted to, we needed Lena."

Abrams had been trying to lure the 50 year-old Swedish-born actress back since she abruptly left the drama in May 2003. rumor had it that money was the sticking point, but Olin claims her reasons were strictly personal. She says she had always intended to leave Alias when her contract was up in order to spend more time with her New York-based family, which includes film director husband Lasse Hallstrom ("The Cier House Rules"), teenage son August and daughter Tora, 9. "I had been away too much," says Olin, "and I needed to stay at home for awhile."

She took her daughter to school in the mornings and contemplated moving the family back to Swedan. Occasionally, she slipped off to make a movie, most notably the upcoming "Casanova," directed by her husband and starring Heath Ledger. Olin admits that for some time she refused to take Abrams' calls. "When I talk to J.J., it's really hard to say no," she says with a laugh. "I knew if I talked to him, he'd be able to convince me to come back."

That was the case when they finally spoke earlier this year. "Time had passed," says Olin, who's open to returning next season. "I was like, 'Let's do it.' And it's been so fun."

READ that bolded line!!!! :woot: :thud: :jawdrop: :happydance:

HOORAY! :D

PLEASE let that bold line be true. Alias without Irina Derevko is like The X-Files without Fox Mulder...just not as good.

YAY!!!!! This rocks. This rocks.

I'm happy now ^_^ :D :eek:

OMG!!!...and imagine I was going to stay away from spoilers this season...so gald I didn't...*Dances around the room with delight*

I find staying away from spoilers impossible. I hate surprises

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

LOL Melissa I love your sig. ;)

I KNOW! :woot: I'm SO happy, coz I was sure that this was gonna be a one time deal... Wooot!

IM CRYING
IM SITTING HERE AND IM CRYING
:thud:
SPY!MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH SYDNEY!!!!!!!!!!
:cry: :love: :thud:
AHHH ITS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im sobbing ahhhhahaha i love spy mommy
i love the world
THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, that comparison is perfect. I loved the Xfiles too.

AJB said:
Alias without Irina Derevko is like The X-Files without Fox Mulder...just not as good.
[post="1335991"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
I find staying away from spoilers impossible. I hate surprises
:woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:
[post="1336302"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

While I do like *some* suprises, I don't see how you can be an Alias fan and NOT look at spoilers. For me, it just increases my excitement and anticipation when I know someone I love (like Lena Olin) is coming back to the show.

Can't wait!

Leslie said:
lol Janet. ^_^ Don't cry! :lol: It's good news. :smiley:
[post="1337060"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

THATS WHY IM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its like all my hopes and dreams comming true

:lol: you can ignore my temporary insnity - its finals week :P

OH MY GOD!!! i love you leslie! thats the best news ever!! (well this season by far!)

i really really hope thats true. irina rocks!! :woot:

:thud:
new.pics.
abcmedianet
irina/jack
irina/vaughn
irina/syd

DYING!!! IM SITTING HERE CRYING BECUASE IT JUST MADE MY CRAPPY DAY SO MUCH BETTER

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!

olin has to stay. she makes alias alias. season 3/4 havent been the same without her.

HI -RES PIIIIICS! Not sure if these are the same as the ones at abcmedia, but I got them at LenaOlin.net, provided courtesy of our very own Jinnie. ^_^ Yay!

:thud: I'm seriously ON THE FLOOR right now.

Some observations/wishful thinking:

(1) It really does look like an "apocalypse" of some kind has occurred... :blink:

(2) It looks like Syd's hair is done up the same as in The Passage Parts 1&2 :lol:

(3) Would it not be EXCELLENT if Jack and Irina kissed?! :love:

QUESTION: How can we believe Jack really didn't know where Irina was all this time? He would never have sent someone else to do his dirty work... So he would have known if he had killed her. I have a feeling they're gonna play the "I just couldn't bring myself to kill my own wife" thing. ;)

Back