Never be the same again

Hey guys...

I know I'm still working on my story called A Special Love but for some reason I couldn't get this new idea out of my head. So I got behind my computer, opened up a Word document and started typing.
The story is still a work in progress so there's no need for me to tell you that the updates won't come that quick. I'm gonna work on this whenever I have a free moment and I'm gonna do my best to make this an enjoyable story to read. :blush:
As you all know I'm one of those writers who go along with the story and follow the directions wherever this story is leading me too so basically the idea I have in my mind, can still change along the way :P
But for some reason the main idea behind this will still be the same. :smiley:
I also want you to know that this story is going to be a bit more different then every other story I've written so far. I'm normally all fluff from beginning till end but not this time.
There's gonna be a lot of angst in this one and sometimes you'll even have to shed a few tears(if you want that is) but it will all work out in the end.
Now this story is AU so there's no CIA or SD-6 or bad guys.
It's set in high school and I think that that's the only big thing you need to know. The rest of the story and the character's stories will all become clear when you read it. :D
I really hope that someone will actually read this story because right now I'm not entirely sure that someone will actually read this.
If you do read this please leave somewhat of a comment. Even if you hated it and didn't read it completely because it sucked, please do comment and let me know why you didn't like it. In that way I know the position of this story. :blush:
Now before I'm letting you read...I just want to say that this entire story is dedicated to all of the people who have pulled me through so many rough times and I want them to know that they are the best :D :hug:

Lots of love, Trish

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Never be the same again</span>

Prologue

A lot of people think that they don’t need the help of others to feel whole, to get to the point they are at now but they couldn’t be more wrong. It’s because of the people around you that you can achieve things and make the world worth living for and that’s exactly what both Sydney and Michael learned after a time of falling and trying to stand up again.

If they would put all the girls in high school on a row and then ask you to pick out the girl that was named Sydney Bristow you would never have completed the task successfully.
But if they had put every girl of the school with their respective friends, you would pick her out immediately. You wouldn’t even have to think twice because she would be the one that would stand alone. She was the one that had no one to confide in and no one to trust, she was the girl that nobody wanted to talk to or even sit with. And no matter what she did, she could simply never do anything right. And the fact that she wasn’t accepted by the others had nothing to do with her being a geek or weird because she wasn’t. She wasn’t stupid or very smart, she was just a normal sixteen year old who had just happened to become unpopular along the years of high school and she didn’t even know the reason as to how she got like this. It just kind of happened. Of course she had had friends in the first three years of high school but there had been some changes in the fourth year. Her best friend Francie who she had known since kinder garden had moved to another school and suddenly she had started to feel alone. It’s not as if she hadn’t made an effort to make new friends, she had ,but for some reason the others just didn’t accept her. Of course the others sometimes talked to her but it didn’t go further then the usual ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ but she had started to live with it. And even though it hurt her that she was alone, she had slowly started to accept her situation. Sydney struggled through the rest of her fourth year and no matter how hard she tried, her grades kept on getting lower then usual and slowly but surely even the teachers started doubting her abilities. However Sydney kept on going and got to the fifth year but when she got the results back from her first exams, there was no way she could have been ready for the news that was about to come.

Sydney walked into the class room on her own to get her results from the teacher but when she sat down and heard the teachers’ remark, her heart couldn’t sink any lower.
“I’m sorry Sydney but your results are bad…like really bad. You don’t even get a 50%. I think it’s better if you changed school because there is no way that you can finish your two last years with this kind of grades.” By the end of the teacher’s sentence Sydney felt as if her whole world she had tried to hold so desperately had just fallen apart and there was no way for her to prevent that.
“What am I supposed to do?”
“I think it’s better if you talked this over with your parents and take a look at the different opportunities you still have in front of you. If I were you I would take this chance Sydney. You never know what life still has in store of you.” The only thing that Sydney could do was just nod and then she picked up her grade card and left the school without even looking back. She wasn’t sure of what she was going to do but she only knew one thing for sure…there wouldn’t be anyone who felt sorry for her or who would miss her if she didn’t come back. The others had finally gotten rid of her and they didn’t even have to do anything for it. She would just disappear out of their lives without even getting a second glance.

So that evening Sydney entered her house with a heavy feeling in her heart and as soon as her mother spotted her, she saw her daughter’s red puffy eyes and knew that something was wrong.
“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” Laura walked over to where her daughter was standing and the second Laura was in Sydney’s reach, she hugged her mother like there was no tomorrow.
“I’m sorry mom.”
“For what? Sweetie, what happened?”
“My grades…mom they’re bad…they say it is better if I moved to another school.”
“Oh God…I’m so sorry honey.”
“What are we going to do?” Laura backed away a bit so that she could look into her daughter’s beautiful brown eyes.
“We’ll look at the opportunities and we’ll consider everything but no matter what, we’ll get through this. I know we will.”
“Really?”
“Really. Now let’s go tell your father okay?”
“Okay.” And then they walked hand in hand into the study where her father Jack was working.

“Honey, do you have a moment?” Jack looked up from the letter he was reading and immediately sensed something wrong.
“Sure, what’s wrong?”
“Sydney got her grade card back and it didn’t turn out that well. The teachers are suggesting her to go to another school.” He suddenly got up and walked into his daughters’ direction and took her in his arms.
“Don’t you dare give up okay? We’ll get through this together you hear?”
“Thank you daddy. I love you.”
“I love you too my pumpkin.”

The next two weeks in the Bristow family were filled with looking at the different opportunities and making decisions and the final decision was that she was going to change school. She knew that it wouldn’t be easy and especially not when you had to start all over again but she was planning on doing the best she could to succeed in those final two years of high school. She already had the will to try it and that was the most important factor.
So on the morning of January the fifth she got up and got ready to go to her new school.
“You will do just fine sweetie. Just remember that no matter what, your dad and I are here for you okay?”
“I know mom and thanks. I love you.”
“I love you too sweetie. I’ll see you tonight.”
“Okay mom. Bye.” And with that she walked out of the house and got on her way to a new beginning.

P.S: I know it says Prologue at the beginning but I didn't feel like calling it a chapter even though it is

Hey guys :D
Thanks a lot for reading, it means a lot to me that you actually took an effort in reading this through :smiley:
So thanks a lot and I hope you'll enjoy part 1 :angelic:
Lots of love, Trish

The minute she entered the long hall of her new school, she got some stares from the other kids. She had already prepared herself for that on the way to school but it still felt a bit weird when it actually happened.
Sydney went to her locker that she had gotten when she had registered herself earlier at the school when she heard someone behind her saying ‘hi’ to her. She slowly turned around and looked into the blue eyes of a blonde girl.
“Hi, you must be new here right?”
“Yeah actually I am.”
“Well my name is Lauren Reed and I only got here a few weeks ago too so I’m still a newbie too.”
“Oh.”
“So what’s your name?”
“Sydney…Sydney Bristow.”
“Well it’s nice to meet you Sydney.”
“Thanks.”
“If you want I can show you around a bit and introduce you to some of my friends.”
“Yeah that would be really nice. I’d love that.” She didn’t know the reason why but she suddenly felt so different. She would have never accepted a friendship so easily before and now she had just make friends with someone without even have to make a big effort for it.
“Hey what classes are you in?” Sydney handed her the piece of paper she had gotten from the principal and after Lauren had looked at it, she announced that she had exact the same classes.
“Good, then we can sit next to each other and get to know each other a little more.”
“Sounds good.” Just then the bell rang and Lauren took Sydney to the classroom they needed for their first class.

As soon as they had entered the class room, Lauren was greeted by a handsome blond haired guy.
“Hey Lauren.”
“Hey Michael.” Suddenly Michael spotted the girl that stood next to her.
“Hi, I don’t believe we’ve meet before. I’m Michael Vaughn.”
“Sydney Bristow.”
“So Syd, what brings you here?”
“Actually it’s Sydney.” He just smiled at her remark and for some reason, she felt a bit weak in the knees.
“I know, Syd just sounds cuter and besides, it’s shorter. So what brings you here?”
“I just had to change school that’s all.”
“Oh…” and just when he had wanted to ask her some more questions, the teacher walked in.
“I’ll guess we’ll have to get to know each other another time.”
“Yeah I guess so.” And with that he sat down behind his desk and Sydney followed Lauren to where she could sit. Lauren usually sat alone so there was plenty of room for Sydney to sit next to her.
“Hey Lauren?”
“Yeah?”
“Is that Michael guy always like that?”
“Like what?”
“I don’t know…so open?” Lauren just smiled at her before answering her question.
“That’s just Michael. He says everything he want, you’ll find that out soon enough. But after all he’s a nice guy and a good friend too.”
“I’m sure he is.”

The rest of the day went rather quickly and by the end of the school day, she and Lauren had become a bit closer as friends. They had asked each other a few questions in order to get to know each other more and they actually found out that they had a few things in common.
On her way out of school she suddenly heard Lauren calling her name.
“Hey Sydney! Wait a second!”
“Oh hey Lauren, what’s up?”
“Well I was wondering if you had instant message or something, in that way we could talk to each other after school too.”
“Um, yeah, sure. I’ll write it down on a paper for you.” So Sydney took out a paper and wrote down her screen name and Lauren did the same.
“Here you go.”
“Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow then.”
“Yeah. Oh and I might be on-line tonight so maybe we can talk then.”
“Okay…See you Lauren.”
“Bye Sydney.” And with that they both went into the direction of their home.
When she got home, her parents were eager to know how it went on her first day in her new school.
“So how did it go?”
“It went really good actually. The whole class is really nice and I’ve already become friends with this girl called Lauren.”
“That’s really great sweetie. I’m so happy for you.” Her mother walked over to her and gave her a hug. She was so relieved that her daughter had become friends with someone again. She only hoped that that girl wouldn’t hurt her like all of her other friends she used to have.

That night when Sydney signed on-line she saw that Lauren had already added her to her contact list but when she saw that she wasn’t on-line, she signed off too and went to bed.
Laying on her bed, she thought about the events of the passed day.
She had actually feared this day a bit because she hadn’t known what to expect of it but when she looked back at it now, she actually felt happy. Everyone had welcomed her into their class and Lauren had actually wanted to become her friend and she couldn’t feel more happier. She hadn’t felt that happy in a long time but now she had the feeling that those two years would actually fly by and that she would finally have a great time.

hey guys!
Sorry for the long wait :blush:
I'm gonna post a double chapter to make it up to you guys :D
Enjoy and don't forget to tell me what you thought of it

When she walked into school the next morning she was immediately greeted by Lauren.
“Hey Sydney.”
“Oh hey Lauren.”
“So I’m sorry about not being on-line last night but my mom wanted me to clean up my room so I had no chance of getting out of it.”
“It’s okay, we can talk some other time.”
“Yeah you’re right. Oh by the way, after school I’m going to hang out with some friends at the skating rink and we’re going to watch Michael and his team play a game of hockey. Do you want to come with us?”
“I’m not sure.” She suddenly was a bit scared of meeting the rest of Lauren’s friends because then she would have to answer all those questions again and she hated that.
“Oh come on…it will be fun. Michael is a good player and we always have so much fun.”
“Okay then…”
“Good. So do you know where it is?”
“Uhm, actually I don’t.”
“Well don’t worry, I’m sure that my mom won’t mind taking you as well.”
“Thanks.”
“So I’ll pick you up at six at your place? Is that okay?”
“Yeah sure.”
“Okay then, that’s a deal.” And with that they walked off to their first class.
The first period went by rather slow and everyone in the class had troubles to stay awake but then again, that was normal when you had a teacher like Mr. Bryant.
He was one of those teachers that gave their lessons but without making it fun to learn and that was something that Sydney didn’t like. She rather had someone who taught their students like her mother. Her mother was a literature professor in the third grade and whenever Sydney listened to her mother when she was preparing her work for the next day, she felt liberated. Laura Bristow was a teacher in heart and soul, she lived for her students and her students were happy whenever they had her. How boring one story could be, she always found a way to make it ten times more interesting and that’s why Sydney looked up to her mother so much. That’s also the reason why Sydney had announced from a very young age that she wanted to become a literature professor just like her mother.

Sydney was shook out of her thoughts by the sound of the bell that announced the end of the first period. She quickly gathered her books and she was about to turn around and walk into the hall when she felt someone’s presence beside her.
“So Lauren told me you’re going to come over tonight and watch me skate.” She looked up at him and noticed for the first time what a beautiful smile he had.
“Who says I’m coming to watch you play? You’re not the only member of the team.”
Michael soon noticed that she was teasing him and for some reason he liked it and decided to play this game along with her.
“Well you’re right about that but then again I think I’m the only one you know of the team so why wouldn’t I think you’re coming to watch me play?” Suddenly Sydney noticed what he was doing too and for some reason she loved their little game.
“You show off.” And then she walked past him and heard him calling after her.
“That I am Syd! I’ll score one for you tonight!” She answered him back without looking at him.
“Whatever!” And with that she turned around the corner and left him standing there alone.
He couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that this girl had walked into his life so suddenly but he was sure that he was going to have a great time with her once he got to know her better. And that was what he intend to do…even if it would take some time.
That evening at precisely six o’clock the doorbell rang at Sydney’s house.
As soon as she opened the door she was greeted by Lauren.
“Are you ready?”
“Yup. Let me just say goodbye to my parents and I’ll be there in a minute.”
“Okay.” So after saying goodbye to both her mother and father, Sydney walked out and got into the car.
“You must be Sydney. I’m Lauren’s mother.”
“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Reed.”
“Call me Olivia please. There’s no need to be formal.” Olivia Reed looked into her rear-view mirror and smiled at Sydney.
“Thanks Olivia for picking me up and taking me to the skating rink.”
“You’re welcome my love, it wasn’t any trouble at all.” About five minutes later they arrived at the skating rink and after saying goodbye to Olivia, Lauren and Sydney walked inside the skating rink and took place at one of the benches in the tribune, where a few of Lauren’s friends were already waiting for them. After a quick introduction to her friends, they turned their attention back to the rink.
It didn’t take long before the players game on the ice and soon the game begun as well.
Sydney had never been to a hockey game before so she was totally clueless about the rules of the game. Luckily she had Lauren who explained her the big lines of the game so she could at least follow the game a bit better.
It took Sydney awhile to fully understand the game but once she got the hang of it, she actually found herself enjoying the game.
Michael’s team was doing really good and they were actually winning. Sydney was suddenly wondering if Michael would actually make his promise to her come true because so far he still hadn’t made an effort to score a point. It wasn’t until in the last two minutes that Michael took his chance. Sydney saw how he got the puck and skated in a fast speed to the other side of the skating rink. She watched him take aim at the goal and score the final point of the game.
After getting a lot of hugs and cheers from his team members, he looked up and searched the whole tribune to catch a glimpse of Sydney. He soon spotted her and made his way to where she was sitting. He waved his hands to get her attention and shouted the words “I told you I would make one for you!” He wasn’t sure if she had heard him until he saw her smile and heard her yelling “Thank you”. After that he skated back to where his team was standing and together they skated off into the direction of their lockers and dressing room.

About an hour after Sydney had gotten home, she got behind her computer and signed on-line. She was in the middle of typing one of the reports she had to make for school when she suddenly saw a window pop up saying that someone had added her to his contact list.
She didn’t have the slightest idea as to who it could be but she soon found out because the person started talking to her.
Hockey_for_life : hey, it’s me Michael
Alice_in_ wonderland : hi, how did you get my e-mail address?
Hockey_for_life : I asked Lauren to give it to me…I hope you’re not mad at her or me for this.
Alice_in_wonderland : No it’s okay...just surprised that’s all
Hockey_for_life : Well if you don’t want to talk with me then that’s fine...just let me know okay?
Alice_in_wonderland : Okay I will…but for now, I’m okay with it
Hockey_for_life : Good…so what did you think of the game?
Alice_in_wonderland : Well it was my first time ever that I watched a game but it was good…I had fun
Hockey_for_life: Well I’m glad you liked it.
Alice_in_wonderland : You kept your promise about scoring a point...unless it was just pure luck.
Hockey_for_life :No I made that one for you…I wanted your first game to be a memorable one.
Alice_in_wonderland : Yeah right
Hockey_for_life : No seriously...I told you I would make one for you and I did so…
Alice_in_wonderland : Well it was sweet of you…Thanks
Hockey_for_life : Sweet? Syd I’m a guy…Couldn’t you have said something like ‘wow that was manly of you?’
Alice_in_wonderland : I could have but I didn’t so deal with it…lol
Hockey_for_life : well I guess it’s better then nothing, right?
Alice_in_wonderland : right
Hockey_for_life : So what’s with the screen name?
Alice_in_wonderland : It’s just something special to me…It’s my all time favourite book
Hockey_for_life : Really?
Alice_in_wonderland: yeah, It’s the first book I got from my parents when I first started reading…It was one of the first copies ever made and I lost it
Hockey_for_life : How?
Alice_in_wonderland : I lost it in the fire at our old house and I never found a first copy again.
Hockey_for_life :Sorry to hear that
Alice_in_wonderland : it’s okay…so what about your screen name?
Hockey_for_life : Isn’t that obvious?
Alice_in_wonderland : Kind of but still…why do you love it so much?
Hockey_for_life : I don’t know…it’s just that whenever I’m on the ice and play hockey I feel free. It’s as if all my worries and sorrows fall off of me. It’s hard to explain but that’s why I love it so much and also because it remembers me of my dad.
Alice_in_wonderland : What do you mean?
Hockey_for_life : My dad taught me how to play when I was only five years old and we always skated together every Sunday morning and my mom would always come with us just to watch us play. And then one day I came home from school and my mom told me that my dad had a car accident and that he died on the way to the hospital. I was only eight and ever since hockey has been like a sort of God to me. It makes me feel closer to my dad.
Alice_in_wonderland : I’m so sorry for your loss
Hockey_for_life : It’s okay…You know, I still play every Sunday morning just like when I did when he was still alive...the only thing different is that I’ve become much older and that he isn’t around anymore. But I still feel his presence.
Alice_in_wonderland : I know what you mean.
Hockey_for_life : Hey, I actually have to go now but I really enjoyed our talk.
Alice_in_wonderland : So did I
Hockey_for_life : You know what?
Alice_in_wonderland : What?
Hockey_for_life : You’re the first one to know what hockey really means to me. All my other friends just think that it’s just a stupid game that I play but you know more now.
Alice_in_wonderland : So you think of me as a friend already?
Hockey_for_life : Yeah I do, it’s because I have an instinct about you and I trust you.
Alice_in_wonderland : Thanks
Hockey_for_life : You’re welcome. I see you tomorrow at school Syd.
Alice_in_wonderland : Bye.

Sydney was still smiling to herself a minute after her talk with Michael had ended when her mother walked into her room with a pile of laundry.
“What made you put up such a big smile?”
“Huh?” Laura couldn’t help but smile at her daughter. It felt so good to see her smile again because lately she hadn’t done it much.
“You’re wearing a smile from here to Tokyo. What happened?”
“Oh it’s Michael.”
“Who?”
“He’s just a guy from my class and he added me to his contact list and we talked. He’s really great.”
“I can see that.”
“We’re just friends mom.”
“I didn’t say anything.”
“No but I saw the look on your face.” Laura smiled because her daughter knew her too well.
“I was just teasing you but it would be great though.”
“Mom!”
“Sorry.” And with that she left her daughter alone again in her room.
TBC?

This is very intresting. I like the fact that Lauren and Syd are friends, but I bet it won't stay that way.
I would love a PM.

lauren

hey this is really good! id better be put on this pm list ok/ and i better not have to wait as long as they did b4 for an update lol! No this was so awesome so yea plz update soon! i love how he scored a goal for her, totally cute!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long wait but I really didn't have any time to write lately.
I had exams and as you know,school is important too. :smiley:
My summer holiday starts on friday so I'll have time to write from now on.
I'll be coming home every wednesday so there should be an update waiting for you then.
I hope you'll enjoy the next chapter and as always,reviews are appreciated. :D

When Sydney walked into school that Friday, she immediately went to her locker.
She was taking out her books for her first lesson when she heard Michael’s voice behind her.
“Hey Syd!” She turned around to face him and was soon greeted by his eye blinding smile.
”Oh hey, good morning.”
“Good morning to you too.”
“Thanks.” She closed her locker and followed him to the grass field at the back of the school building.
“You’re here early.”
“Yeah, I know. It’s just that I wanted some extra time to revise for my Geography test because I don’t understand all of it.”
“Do you want some help?”
“You have no idea as to how much I would appreciate that.” Sydney was looking so helpless that he gladly offered to help her.
“Well miss Bristow, you happen to have a genius in Geography in front of you.”
“Now really?”
“Uhuh.”
”Good, so will you help me?”
“It depends.”
“On what?”
“I’ll only explain it to you if you agree on going ice skating with me on Sunday.”
“You have a deal, Mr. Vaughn.” They shook each other’s hand before walking further in order to find a quiet spot on the grass field.

After about five minutes, they sat down on a bench on the far side of the field.
Sydney immediately opened up her book so that Michael could show her how she had to do everything right.
“Okay so what is it that you don’t understand?” She showed it to him and he soon started explaining it to her.
It didn’t take long before she got the hang of it.
”Do you understand it now?”
“Yeah I do. Thanks a lot for helping me out.” He looked up at her with his gorgeous smile.
“You’re welcome.”
“Why can’t the teacher explain it like you did? You should be a teacher.”
“Maybe one day. Who knows what will become of me?” His face suddenly grew more serious when he said that and Sydney noticed it too but for some reason she didn’t question him about it. So the only thing possible for her was to change to another subject. A subject that got him feeling slightly more comfortable again.

While Sydney and Michael were talking on one side of the field, Lauren arrived on the other side. Normally when she walked into school, Sydney was always there waiting for her but not this morning. She already thought that maybe Sydney was sick or something and didn’t make it to school. Lauren quickly grabbed her books from her locker and went in the direction of the grass field to meet up with Olivia, one of her other friends.
“Hey Olivia.”
“Oh hey Lauren, what’s up?”
“Have you seen Sydney somewhere? I haven’t seen her yet.”
“Oh I have seen her all right.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“Ever since I saw her she’s been with Michael.”
“With Michael, why?”
“I don’t know. But they’ve been sitting there all morning already and it seems like they’re having a good time.”
“I can’t believe it!” Lauren was suddenly looking a bit furious and Olivia immediately knew why.
“Oh come on Lauren, I know you have a crush on Michael but it’s not as if you own him. You haven’t even told him you love him.”
“So? That doesn’t mean I can’t be jealous.”
“No but still. What are you going to do about the fact that they’re having fun?”
“I’ll find a way…don’t worry.” And for some reason Olivia knew that Lauren’s words would become true.

“So is it okay if we’ll meet each other at the skating rink then on Sunday at about nine o’clock?”
“Yeah sure, that’s fine by me.”
“Okay then.”
“is there something special I need to bring with me?”
“Nope we can rent some skates for you there so you just have to bring warm clothes with you.”
“Okay.” They talked for a little while longer before the school bell announced the beginning of the lessons.

Hey guys!
Enjoy part 5 :D
The next chapter should be up in 3 weeks :smiley:
Lots of love, Trish

It was about 9 pm when Sydney arrived at the skating rink that Sunday.
She already saw Michael waiting for her so she quickened her pace a bit. As soon as he saw her, he greeted her with one of his big and gorgeous smiles.
“hey Syd!”
“Hey. Are you ready?”
“I am, are you?”
“Uhuh.”
“Okay come on then.” They walked into the building and after five minutes they had their skates on and they were ready to go.
It had been awhile since Sydney had last skated so she was feeling very insecure at the beginning but after Michael had taken her hand and guided her over the ice, she felt much better.
They were still skating hand in hand when Sydney suddenly lost her grip at the ice and pulled Michael on the ground with her. Being the gentleman he was, he stood up first and gently pulled her back on her feet and held her hand again.
“Sorry about that.”
“It’s okay. I’ve seen worse.”
“Oh thanks a lot.”
“You’re welcome.” And when he looked up at her all smiling, she felt something she hadn’t felt before. There was just something about him that made her go all warm inside but she wasn’t ready to admit that to herself just yet.
Noticing that they hadn’t said anything for a little while, Sydney decided to take her chance and ask him the question she had already wanted to ask him the entire week.
“Michael, can I ask you something?”
“Sure.”
“If you don’t want to answer then I’ll completely understand.”
“Syd, just ask okay?”
“Okay…when you helped me with geography this week, I said you should be the teacher and you said you didn’t know what would become of you. And then your expression changed, your eyes became sad and I was wondering what I had done wrong.” He suddenly stopped skating and asked her to come and sit down with him on the public benches.
The minute they sat down, he looked at her and began to talk.
“When you said all that, you didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just…I already know what I want to be and it’s far from being a teacher. I want to continue my father’s work Syd.”
“You want to work for the CIA don’t you?”
“Yes.”
“How long have you already been thinking about that?”
“Ever since my dad died. I feel like that is the only way to feel close to him again.” Sydney could see the determination in his eyes and knew that he would never change his mind.
“You really thought this through huh?”
“Yeah.”
“Then you’ll have to follow your heart.” He suddenly moved closer to her and hugged her.
“Thank you for understanding me.”
“You’re welcome.”
“Do you think I’m crazy for wanting to do this?”
“No because I can tell that that is what you really want and I also think that you’re going to be good at it.”
“Thanks.”
“Michael?”
“Yes?”
“Why are you telling me all this? About your dad and stuff. I mean we don’t know each other for that long and yet you share all this with me.” He suddenly looked right into her eyes before answering.
“Because I feel that you really understand me and that you would never betray me. You’re a great person and I like you. You’re one of my best friends.”
“You’re my best friend too. And thank you for saying all those nice things.”
“You don’t have to thank me because what I said is true. Hey, do you want to go and do something else together?”
“Okay, any ideas?”
“Do you want to have a walk in the park?”
“Sure but what about your skates and stuff?”
“We can drop them off at my house, we have to walk by it anyway if we’re going to the park.”
“Okay then.”
“Yeah?”
“Uhuh.” So they quickly took of their skates and began their ten minute walk to Michael’s house.

Back