New Fic Contest - Sydney's Two Missing Years!!

M

mystery_chick

So... basically, with my horrifying school work load, i've decided to not have a fan fic contest for a while, but Suzi approached me and said she like to host a fan fic contest so... why not. here's all the rules:

Timeline: Sydney’s POV during her missing two years – it doesn’t matter if you have her actually brainwashed or not just make sure you make it clear one way or the other.

Can Include:

Characters such as: Sloane, Irina, Alison, Lennox, or new characters
Exotic Locales of your choice

Must Include:

-Simon, Sark or both – if you chose to include Sark, you can work on the assumption he sprung himself from custody if need be
-A quote from a Quentin Tarentino Movie – you can check www.imdb.com for some popular quotes
-A shot glass
-A kiss
-A fight scene with a song of your choice playing in the background

Word Limit:
No more than 15,000 words

Rating:
R rating is permitted. Judges for the contest are of mature age so higher rated fics are acceptable.

Judges: Suzi (hotpot), Eva (November13), Mandy and Jems

Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention will be given out. Jems will make awards for the winners.

Deadline:  Tuesday June 8 12:00am CST

Entry must be posted in this thread with the following information:

Title: (with link to the story)
Rating:
Word Count:
Summary:
Song Used:
What QT movie your quote came from:

If there are any questions, feel free to post them here or PM either Mandy or Suzi. I’d like to take a moment to thank Mandy for allowing me to come up with the idea for the next challenge! It’s really awesome you allowed me to do this – AA rocks :D

Good luck everyone!

happy writing everyone! :smiley:
--mandy :angelic:

Oooh! This is right up my alley - I'm planning out my story right now! I was a little hestant at first - since I don't really like to compete with what I write...but this could be a fun story...so what the heck, I'll give it a shot!

yeah - people wanna do stuff!!! excellent. can't wait to read what you come up with guys!!! :smiley:

I already have a story about the missing two years, is it ok if I enter that? It's not finished yet, it's still in progress....

August Snow

If you're fic is already in progress, but you are okay with adding the required elements (or planned on it anyway ^_^ ) - then it's fine that you enter it. It just has to be complete by the deadline.

I have a question - we are supposed to make it clear whether or not Sydney is brainwashed - but is it okay if the reader doesn't know until the very end whether or not she is? Or do we have to make that clear at the very beginning?

I have a whole new story in mind - but I'm still writing Lost and Found. It'll make for a lot of writing, but I got a creative burst

hotpot said:
August Snow

If you're fic is already in progress, but you are okay with adding the required elements (or planned on it anyway ^_^ ) - then it's fine that you enter it. It just has to be complete by the deadline.
Thanks!

amy lynn said:
I have a question - we are supposed to make it clear whether or not Sydney is brainwashed - but is it okay if the reader doesn't know until the very end whether or not she is? Or do we have to make that clear at the very beginning?
It'd be fine if no one realizes she's brainwashed until the end - no problem. I've read fics before where she still acts brainwashed even though she's not - hey, she's gotta keep up appearances right? :D ;)

Fantastic! If she isn't brainwashed - then yup, she will need to keep up appearances. :lol:

Now I just have to decided whether or not I want her to be. Hmmm :Ponder: I have lots to think about!

Okay - I have a couple other questions, that might be a little silly:

Is there a chapter limit? I know there's a word limit...but can we have as many chapters as we need? (It's not that many anyway...)

Also: do you want us to post the whole story at once?

amy lynn said:
Okay - I have a couple other questions, that might be a little silly:

Is there a chapter limit? I know there's a word limit...but can we have as many chapters as we need? (It's not that many anyway...)

Also: do you want us to post the whole story at once?
amy

Nope, no chapter limit - just a word limit.

As far as posting it, if it's a WIP - you can start posting it now (if you want to get feedback from readers, etc.), just put the link to the fic in your entry in this thread. Or if you'd rather post it all at once, that's fine too. As long as its complete by the deadline, it's all good. :D

Awesome! Thanks...I figured it was alright, I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and posted the first couple chapters - since they've been ready for a while...

ETA - Okie dokie - here it is - and it is now completed!

Title: No Rest for the Wicked
Rating: R for multiple deaths, torture, and maybe a little bit of sexual undertones
Word Count: 13,038
Summary: Sydney Bristow is gone. Julia Thorne prevails. Or is does she? A wild ride ensues that spans almost two years. It includes Assassinations, Simon, Cole, Rambaldi, and maybe a few twists along the way.
Some aspects of my story are canon with what Kendall revealed in “Full Disclosure” and some are not. I think you’ll be able to figure out how I changed things a bit. Also some are canon with the whole of Alias season 3, but other things I have changed around a bit - i.e. killed characters that we saw in season 3...so basically changed a bit of the outcome of her life after the missing 2 years...
Song Used: Atom Bomb – from “The Saint” soundtrack, performed by Fluke
What QT movie your quote came from: I used two that I adore from Kill Bill vol. 1 –

“Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids”
-Oren Ishii and the Bride “Kill Bill: vol. 1”

For those regarded as warriors, when engaged in combat the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God, or Buddha himself. This truth lies at the heart of the art of combat.
-Hattori Hanzo “Kill Bill: vol. 1”

Back