New Fic Contest - Sydney's Two Missing Years!!

Oo - another entry! Hurrah! Little more than a day left everyone ... it's crunch time!! hehehe ;) :lol:

hotpot said:
Anyone still thinking about entering *coughLesliecough* ;) - you have less than 24 hours now!
LOL Yeah this is me the procrastinating crazy girl... I'm in the process of posting it now... I'll be done soon... LOL And yes, I realize I have pretty much exactly a measly hour left. My sis' graduation was tonight, yadda yadda yadda...

Les

OK folks, here it is… Completely unbeta-ed and at your mercy! ^_^ Also, formatting was a b****. :P Sorry if it’s a little whacky looking.

Title: My Only Real Ally (or You Most of All)
Rating: R (for language, violence)
Word Count: 13,963
Summary: Sydney Bristow, undercover in the Covenant as Julia Thorne, is sent by her new “employers” on a mission that might blow her cover – a mission that will force her to come in contact with someone who knew her as Sydney. What she could never have foreseen is that this job sets in motion a chain of events that will lead her down paths she never thought she’d take and to alliances she never thought she’d make. In the end, it all comes down to loyalties. What will she choose?
Song Used: Spring: Allegro and Largo by Antonio Vivaldi
Author’s Note: Special thanks to the guys at the ruslang Yahoo! Group for help with translation.
QT Quotes Used: I went a little QT crazy. ;)

From Reservoir Dogs:
Joe: How does freedom feel?
Mr. Blonde: It’s a change.

From From Dusk Till Dawn:
Seth: Now I’m gonna ask you one question, and all I want is a yes or no answer: Do you want to live through this?

Seth: Do you think this is who I am? I am a professional thief. I don’t run around killing people I don’t have to.

From Pulp Fiction:
Jimmy: I’m not a cob of corn, so you can stop buttering me up.

Mia: Don’t you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it’s necessary to yak about bulls*** in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don’t know. That’s a good question.
Mia: That’s when you know you’ve found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

Lance: If you’re okay, say something.
Mia: Something.

Yolanda: You touch him, you die.
Jules: Well, that seems to be the situation.

Leslie said:
hotpot said:
Anyone still thinking about entering *coughLesliecough* ;) - you have less than 24 hours now!
LOL Yeah this is me the procrastinating crazy girl... I'm in the process of posting it now... I'll be done soon... LOL And yes, I realize I have pretty much exactly a measly hour left. My sis' graduation was tonight, yadda yadda yadda...

Les
Actually Leslie, you had most of tomorrow too if you needed it! :lol: But I'm happy to see you got it in! And I am so procrastination girl, I have six months til my wedding ... yeah, wedding and I have done jack s***. :mellow:

I completely understand. ;) :D

hotpot said:
Actually Leslie, you had most of tomorrow too if you needed it! :lol: But I'm happy to see you got it in! And I am so procrastination girl, I have six months til my wedding ... yeah, wedding and I have done jack s***. :mellow:

First of all, :jawdrop: CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding! :woot: That is the coolest. :smiley:

Secondly, are you sh**ting me?!?! I had most of tomorrow to work on it?! I thought it was due by 12 tonight. (as in 12 am June 8, which was 24 minutes ago, according to my computer clock)... ARGG. I came home to finish instead of going out to eat with the fam after the graduation. Damn. :P

Ah well. :rolleyes: Me and my obsessions...

Thank God my 'rents don't know why I came home early! ;) ;) :D

Les

Leslie said:
hotpot said:

First of all, :jawdrop: CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding! :woot: That is the coolest. :smiley:

Secondly, are you sh**ting me?!?! I had most of tomorrow to work on it?! I thought it was due by 12 tonight. (as in 12 am June 8, which was 24 minutes ago, according to my computer clock)... ARGG. I came home to finish instead of going out to eat with the fam after the graduation. Damn. :P

Ah well. :rolleyes: Me and my obsessions...

Thank God my 'rents don't know why I came home early! ;) ;) :D

Les
:laughbounce:

OMG - I didn't even know when my own contest ended! :doh: I kept thinking it ended at some really weird time, like 8:00 PM tomorrow. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Sorry for the confusion Les, good thing you are on top of things because I sure am not! :lol:

So yeah, I retract that 24 hours left statement ... you got uh, six minutes left. ;)

Man, do I feel dumb! :lol: :blink:

hotpot said:
:laughbounce:

OMG - I didn't even know when my own contest ended! :doh: I kept thinking it ended at some really weird time, like 8:00 PM tomorrow. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Sorry for the confusion Les, good thing you are on top of things because I sure am not! :lol:

So yeah, I retract that 24 hours left statement ... you got uh, six minutes left. ;)

Man, do I feel dumb! :lol: :blink:
LMAO! :laughbounce: Well, I'm relieved I was right after all, or I'd be kicking myself. :lol:

Les

Heh, the Sydney's Missing Two Years Contest is officially closed.

Eva and I are going to try and get busy reading all these (don't know if Jems and Mandy still plan on lending a hand or not...) so hopefully we will let you know who the winners are soon. Also, Jems was supposed to make awards but with her being out of town and all, Eva will make them if we get them all read before she goes on vacation. There will be awards though. There will. If I have to make them myself ... or beg and plead with someone in the fan media thread to ... it will be done :mellow:

Thanks to everyone that entered especially Leslie for helping me remember when the contest actually ended. :blush: Whoops.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The Winner's Are IN!!</span>

First, much thanks to everyone who entered, it was a pretty close one to call so I would like to give supreme thankies to my hero, <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Eva </span>for helping me judge and making the bea-u-ti-ful awards!! *cheers and applause*

Soooo.....

::::::::drumroll:::::::::

Honorable Mention goes to Galicdreamer for her fic, ...And The Memory is All That Remains.

Also, must give many thanks to <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Mandy</span> for letting me host this contest! ^_^ Thankies much!!

Third Place goes to kidblink83 for her fic, The Safety of His Arms

Second Place goes to Leslie for her fic, My Only Real Ally

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>heh, she should also get a special award for reminding me when my own contest ended ... :lol: ;)</span>

Once again, thank you to everyone who entered and made this contest so much fun to do. Congratulations to the winners!

And once more, thank you Eeeeevaaaa!! for helping me out and making the awesome awards!!! :D (y)

Wow...Honorable mention..thanks guys, that's more than I thought I would get :lol: !!!!!! That's awesome!! :smiley:

And, I loved the Aims, Leslie, and Kidblink's fics so they diffently deserved to win!!

Ya..Aims....I am so happy for you!! :woot:

I had a ton of fun doing this contest and I would love to do another at some point.

Thanks November, Hotpot, and of course Mandy (who without, this wouldn't be possible!) and of course all you little people out there!! :blowakiss:

:lol: sorry..that was my over dramatic oscar speech!! :lo:

:thud:

Oh wow!!!!!!!!

:thud:

Thanks so much y'all! This contest was so wonderful and I had so much fun entering it!

Les and kidblink and Heather - congrats as well, all of your stories were great as well!

I think there's just one more :thud: necessary!

ETA: now that I'm a bit more calm, I just want to thank Suzi for hosting the contest, Mandy allowing her to, and Eva for judging and the beautiful awards! You all rock!

AHHHHHHHHH :::runs around like a wild banshee:::

LOL If you guys could see me now, I'm *actually* hyperventilating... I'm seeing spots... LMAO! :lol: OK.... calm down... stop shaking... :lol: Whew!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Suzi and Eva!!! And can I just say, the awards are :thud: sexy as hell. ^_^ I'm in love with mine. :D

And of course, congratulations and my total awe go to Heather, Kidblink, and Amy!!! You guys are incredible; I read all your fics, and I am in love with them all. ^_^

Les

Edit: OK, sorry, had to add... I, too, had the time of my life writing for this contest, as Heather mentioned. It was my very first fic and my very first contest all rolled into one! :D I definitely look forward to more... *hint*hint* :sly: he he he...

hey cool! I would've helped with judging but i've been soooo busy with exams :thud: really nice awards too. Great job :smiley: also Congrats and kudos to all the winners. :smiley:
--Mandy :angelic:

Back