Season 4 Not Following

I just don't seem to get the point of season four yet. Sure they have the relationship between Vaughn and Sydney again. They brought the old storyline back into existence from Season 1 and Season 2. But could they not come up with something more original than another Black OPs division. Sloane is now the head again, but he is in the CIA. He should have just waited so 12-13 years and he would be. Did the writers not give any thought as to where their going this season. We have Sydney going on missions, everybody working in the same environment, but what is the plot of the show. They are after one bad guy and then another. They don't have any main bad guys anymore. What happened to the Covenant, I guess they just disappeared into thin air. I'd like back flashes as to what exactly happened over the period of a few months. Where's Kayta did she go into custody. So many questions and no answers. I hate that JJ just left us hanging at the end of Season 3 and all of a sudden the papers were about Jack killing Sydney's mother. What happened to Irina being part of Rambaldi? Where is he in this season. Are they going to bring his storyline back? My mind is racing because we are now months past the scene in Wittenberg without knowing anything. Marshall's baby, Mitchell, is now 14 months. Unbelieveable. I love ALIAS, but the season is starting to suck. I really hope it gets better. My friends tell me they are just trying to bring in new viewers, and then they will go back. Yet I am unsure. Do anyone else feel the same way?

I think they're only doing this with the first few eps for the new viewers. And they're gonna bring the old stuff back in the middle of the season? :confused:

My advice is to be patient and see what happens. I think that they felt that a lot went wrong last season (I tend to agree--they sacrificed character to keep their plot engine running . . . and then the plot ran amok), and to some extent the first episode swept a bunch of the debris under the rug. That's not entirely bad . . . in this sense:

~It gives them a fresh start.

~They can choose what they want to keep from last season (Nadia) and what they want to dispense with (Lauren; although they'll keep some of the baggage that Vaughn carries from his experience with her ;))

~Rambaldi, I think, will return in one form or another--there remain threads that must be dealt with in one form or another. If they do not return to him at all, I'll be surprised (especially with writers from Angel in the mix).

~The Covenant would have to be at least deeply injured at the conclusion of last season--with the loss of both Sark and Lauren--and it's primary aim--the Sphere of Life--was lost to the competition. Katya's still out there somewhere, and doubtless will resurface, but whether the Covenant will resurface as such remains to be seen. I really don't care about the organization one way or the other. (I miss the Alliance of 12 much more.)

~One bad guy then another? Frankly, last season, I found the emphasis on the Covenant from day one a little boring. Seasons 1 and 2 gave us variation with an emerging threat . . . season 3 gave us Covenant, Covenant, and, for a change, more Covenant. :yawn: I'm ready for a new villain or 12. ^_^

At any rate, I gave last season some room to develop and was a little disappointed. I'm more than ready to give this season the same chance. :D

POINTBLANK47 said:
I just don't seem to get the point of season four yet. Sure they have the relationship between Vaughn and Sydney again. They brought the old storyline back into existence from Season 1 and Season 2. But could they not come up with something more original than another Black OPs division. Sloane is now the head again, but he is in the CIA. He should have just waited so 12-13 years and he would be. Did the writers not give any thought as to where their going this season. We have Sydney going on missions, everybody working in the same environment, but what is the plot of the show. They are after one bad guy and then another. They don't have any main bad guys anymore. What happened to the Covenant, I guess they just disappeared into thin air. I'd like back flashes as to what exactly happened over the period of a few months. Where's Kayta did she go into custody. So many questions and no answers. I hate that JJ just left us hanging at the end of Season 3 and all of a sudden the papers were about Jack killing Sydney's mother. What happened to Irina being part of Rambaldi? Where is he in this season. Are they going to bring his storyline back? My mind is racing because we are now months past the scene in Wittenberg without knowing anything. Marshall's baby, Mitchell, is now 14 months. Unbelieveable. I love ALIAS, but the season is starting to suck. I really hope it gets better. My friends tell me they are just trying to bring in new viewers, and then they will go back. Yet I am unsure. Do anyone else feel the same way?
[post="1166567"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lovinsark said:
[post="1173469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I hear ya. At the end of 4, I was like, "Oh man, this is terrible. I'm bored stiff and I can't believe I just said that." Die-hard fan since episode one, I found it hard to come to terms with the fact that I said Alias was boring. But, of course, I'm hanging in to see what develops. I'd love to see Will come back. Something real to bring back the warm fuzzy of Season 1.

Fans were thrown with the direction that Season 3 went, and now that its gone back to its roots with these new epi's people are unhappy? Man, fan's are really hard to please. Seems like the people actually enjoying the episodes are far and few between!

Back