Open Your Eyes

What's the matter with you? What are you doing to me? Are you trying to kill me? Besides that, this chapter was AWESOME!! Doesn't surprise me, you wrote it. What a fine chapter this was. I am so glad that you decided to write more. I was wondering when you were going to come back, and yea you have!! :D Thank you so much for the pm, and please add more soon, can't wait! (y)

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Amazing fic!!! (y)

Evil cliffhanger tough :(.

Now I am totally hooked on this fic ;).

PM when you update, please!?

Thanks a bunch :flowers:.

*** Kathy ***

eeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhh :thud: :lol: that was extremely evil ^_^ but I can't complain :lol: I've missssed youu! (I sent you a PM back :lol: ) I came back to visit, and and I read your update, and it was wonderful dahling :P ^_^ I wonder what the docters gonna say though :thinking: hmm... anyway, I can't wait to read your next update! ::still missing you::

Eeee I sent you a PM back. :D I said just about everything there...but I'm just thrilled that you stopped by, and happy that you read this, and liked it. :smiley: If I do update any time soon, you'll be the first to know. :D

::still missing you too...more::

Okay guys...I told you from the beginning this may get slower as school started, and it has. But, this is the final chapter. I don't think it's very well written, but I hope you all enjoy it anywho, and thanks so much for reading.

You guys are all so wonderful, and I appreciate your reviews and everything. Sometimes, they're all I need to have a good week. :smiley: THANK YOU!!

Enjoy :D

Chapter 19 Open Eyes

“Blind?” Vaughn continually repeated the word aloud. “How is he blind? He’s only a day old. They can’t really be sure-”

“Michael, honey,” Sydney said, rubbing her hand against his arm. “Maybe we should go back to the room. It’s been almost an hour.”

Vaughn angrily shoved her hand away. “I don’t care how long it’s been!” he screamed. Sydney jumped back, startled by his harsh tone. She stared at him briefly, and then exited the small room where their newborn son was.

Vaughn traced his fingers through his head. In the same day, he had blown up in Sydney’s face twice. If this was how if felt to be a father, to be stressed and constantly yelling at your wife, Vaughn wanted nothing to do with it. His life was falling apart. His marriage was getting rocky, his infant son was blind, his daughter was out of his life for good...The bad things continued to pile onto his mind until he couldn’t take it anymore.

He stared at Henri one last time before leaving the room. He walked slowly past Sydney’s room. The door was shut. He didn’t open it. He passed by it purposely, and headed straight toward the exit of the hospital.

~

He had been walking for over an hour. He hadn’t taken the car. He wanted to walk. He found his way to a near by park, and he assumed a seat on a bench. He sat there motionless and speechless as he observed the other children giggling, laughing, and playing. Tears filled his eyes as he watched them, because he knew his son would never be able to do those things like a normal child. He would never be able to throw a baseball with his son. He would never be able to kick a soccer ball or shoot hoops with him. But the one thing that disturbed Vaughn the most was the realization that Henri would live in darkness his whole life.

~

Sydney sat in her bed crying. Since Michael had walked out of the room, she hadn’t stopped bawling. She looked up suddenly when she heard the door open.

“Michael? Oh God, I was so worried.”

Vaughn sighed and walked over to Sydney.

“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely.

She extended both her arms and he embraced her tightly. “We’re going to get through this, okay?”

She silently responded, because she knew in her heard that, with Michael on her side, she would make it. They would make it.

~

“Coswell residence.”

“Elizabeth, it’s Syd.”

“Hey,” she answered, hesitantly.

“Listen...I know things are a little awkward now, and I don’t think they’ll ever be back to normal. But, I really don’t want to lose our friendship over the past.”

“Sydney...”

“It’s going to be hard, but, well, Henri’s blind, and I...” She was too choked up to continue.

“Oh my God. He’s blind?”

“Yeah, we found out yesterday,” Sydney said through tears.

“I’m so sorry.”

Sydney’s voice was barely audible as she replied, “I feel like I need you a lot.”

There was a pause, and Elizabeth breathed deeply. “Sydney, I’m here for you. And so are Dave and Camille. We’re here for you and Michael. If you ever need anything-no matter who awkward it may seem-know you guys can come to us.”

Although Elizabeth couldn’t see it, Sydney smiled. “Thanks. Thanks so much, Liz.”

As she hung up the phone, Sydney smiled again. Looking around her home, she realized that there was no way she wouldn’t make it. Everything in her life had happened for a reason, and recent events had opened Sydney’s eyes to the past, present, and future. She had learned to look for contentment, and through her husband, her child, and friends, she had found it. She was well aware of the long road that lay ahead, but she was armed with faith to get through anything and everything, no matter what.

::ahem::

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

t-t-t-hat was the last chapter? :( it was great! Although, personally, I think is ended too soon! :P ::sighs:: eeeeee! That was a nice way to end it though, with what Syd was thinking what she was. I really liked it ^_^ eee but but but poor Henriiiii! ::whines:: he's blind :( well I guess life can't be perfect. eeeee! I'm glad Syd and Liz are gonna be unawkward ^_^ and and and... it can't be the ennnnndddd!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeee okay, some advice to youuuu: open your eyes! The story was, IS, very good :P

Wow! That was a fantaic ending!! Kinda sad though. But still, this fic was great!! Your an amazing writer. Thanks for writing. And thanks for sending out the PM's all the time. Please PM me if you put another fic up!!

alias_luver said:
Wow! That was a fantaic ending!! Kinda sad though. But still, this fic was great!! Your an amazing writer. Thanks for writing. And thanks for sending out the PM's all the time. Please PM me if you put another fic up!!
Ditto! I am so gald that you came back to write the ending. It was excellent. Thanks for the pm, and please if you write more stories in the future to pm me. Thanks, love ya!

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

Thanks so much for reading this you guys! I'm really glad you enjoyed it...I really wanted to expand more on their life with a blind child, but, that may have to be next time (hint, hint) ^_^ If we ever do get there...

Once again, thank you all for reading and reviewing. I simply write these stories because I love to, but you all make it that much more exciting. :smiley:

Just so you know, I've posted an AU, fluffy, cute, fun fic called Bittersweet Memories. If you're still in Denial, it's a great thing to read. It will get your mind off the current tension. ;) Hope it's enjoyable. Also, I have a non-alias fic over the Non-Alias fan fiction section (imagine that :P), called Holding On, Letting Go. If you're interested, you may want to check that out. :smiley:

Thanks to all of you, again and again!! :D

Oh, and Jo, it will take me a while to heed your advice...^_^ (that dang evil smiley has started stalking me!! :runs:smiley:

-gigi

This was a great story. I finally get why it was called "Open your eyes" now. I liked the ending too. I thought it was sweet how Elizabeth and Syd made up.

that was so great im not ready to let go of this story i just wanna say i cant wait for more so badly
this story was so awesome
i absolutely loved it

Back