Our Little Secret

ahhh i cant believe he isnt dead im still not over that. i think syd and vaughn really need to have a talk about whats going on. i dont know how syd is going to be okay knowing that her baby's father is alive and she still loves him but she loves vaughn. this is so good! YAY so glad you updated!

yeah, the chaps been written for a while now, might as well post! lol!

Julian was staring at her, what was usually his penetrating glare, or trademark smirk was now a soft look of sadness, remembrance, longing…he was scared, scared to live his life without her…

Sydney closed her eyes gently, a feeble attempt to stop the tears.

“Sydney, don’t cry” he whispered gently.

“I’m going to miss you” Sydney told him, looking back at him with pain in her eyes.

“I know, and I’ll miss you too, more than anything in the world, but this is for the baby” Julian told her, the pain was so clear in his voice.

“This baby is yours, no matter who she calls daddy…you are her father Julian” Sydney told him quietly.

“A father and a daddy are two different things Sydney, you said it yourself” Julian whispered before turning around and walking out the door, this time for good.

Sydney sat there, watching him, he was gone, he wasn’t coming back…there would be no more rising from the dead, no first birthday parties, and she had pushed him away, she had made that choice and now she had two choices. She could dwell on the loss or she could move on. And she knew which one she had to choose…Vaughn was waiting for her.

Sydney collected herself, she went into the nursery and took the ring box and the D.V.D out of the safe, she walked into the office, took a few pictures and her rings. Then she left, she didn’t know if she was every going back…but she had what she needed…what she needed to move on.

“Bye” Sydney whispered as she locked the door, one final time…she didn’t know if Julian had intentions of living there, but she knew she wouldn’t be back for a long time.

Sydney walked down the stairs, she wanted to take the stairs, that way she could compose herself before going home…to Vaughn…it was a foreign concept again, the home she was used to was with Julian, and that was the home she was leaving.

On the plane home, Sydney tried to sleep, she was haunted by memories, she didn’t know what was real and what wasn’t, she was scared, alone…vulnerable; feelings she hadn’t felt in the two years she was with Julian.

**Flashback**

“Julian, I’m ordering a pizza, what do you want on it?” Sydney yelled from her office into Julian’s ‘conveniently’ there was a joining door between the offices.

“Your ordering a what?” Julian called back.

“A pizza, what do you want on yours?” Sydney told him quickly, doing her best not to get up from her desk.

“um…I don’t care, whatever your having” Julian told her, doing his best to focus on his work, and not a mindless item of food, Sydney had other plans.

Sydney ordered the pizza and went to pick it up 15 minutes later.

“Sweetie, I’m going to get the pizza, I’ll be back in a few” Sydney called, standing up and walking towards her office door.

“Wait!” Julian yelled, poking his head out the door from his swivel chair.

“What?” Sydney asked him, walking towards him.

“Where’s my kiss?” Julian smiled innocently.

“I don’t know, but I’ll give it a shot” Sydney smiled, kissing him gently on the tip of the nose.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it!” Julian pouted

“Yeah, well, deal with it” Sydney smiled walking back out the door to get the pizza.

“Women” Julian muttered as he watched her leave.

Julian worked for the solid 15 minutes before Sydney returned with 4 pizza boxes and a case of beer in her hands.

“You know it’s just the two of us right…unless there’s an office party I am unaware of” Julian smiled in bewilderment of who exactly they were feeding with the pizza and beer.

“I know, but I’m hungry and who knows how long we’ll be here” Sydney smiled, setting the pizza down on his desk and moving some papers out of the way before taking a seat conveniently on his lap.

“Sydney, not that I don’t love the position you have put yourself in, but I have work to do, and lots of it” Julian told Sydney as he placed his chin gently on her shoulder.

“Baby, take a break, please?” Sydney whined as she placed a gentle kiss on his crooked lips.

“Just for a few minutes?” Julian asked her.

“Just for like 5 minutes” Sydney told him.

“Fine” Julian told her, defeated.

“Thankyou” Sydney smiled at him as she handed him a slice of pizza.

“I don’t know how you can eat this vile substance” Julian mumbled as he took a bite of the ‘meat lovers’ pizza.

“I don’t know how you can not eat this, and I quote, ‘vile substance’” Sydney laughed at him as she took a bite and opened herself a beer.

Julian just smiled at her, she was so peculiar compared to the usual women that enjoyed his company, that’s what made him love her.

**End Flashback**

Sydney was halted from her thoughts by the plane landing gently on the runway in Los Angeles, Vaughn was set to be picking her up in…she looked at her watch, 10 minutes.

Sydney got off of the plane and stood on the now empty airstrip, just waiting for him to pull up in his dark sedan and take her home…to their home, well, his home, but what would hopefully soon become their home.

“Hey” came a voice from behind her, she turned around to see Vaughn grinning foolishly, she couldn’t help but smile, she had missed that.

“Vaughn” Sydney squealed as she practically leapt into his open and awaiting arms.

“Are you okay?” Vaughn asked her as he placed a gentle kiss on her temple.

“yeah, I’m great…it’s good to be home, with you” Sydney smiled at him as he held her hips and she kept her arms placed gently around his neck.

“I’m glad, I’ve missed you” Vaughn smiled, “oh, and I have a surprise for you” he admitted.

“oooh, what is it?” Sydney squealed.

“you’ll see, now get in the car Bristow” Vaughn told her as he opened the door of the passengers side for her.

“Okay” Sydney smiled as she got in the vehicle and she and Vaughn drove home in a comfortable silence.

“Okay, so the surprise, it’s upstairs” Vaughn told her as he stepped out of the car.

“alright, am I allowed to keep my eyes open?” Sydney questioned him.

“nope, blindfold” Vaughn told her happily as he placed the black cloth gently around her eyes so she couldn’t see, he led her up the stairs and to what she assumed was a room.

“can I see yet?” she wined.

“yupp” Vaughn smiled as he removed the blindfold.

“oh my god” Sydney gasped as she looked at the baby pink walls in front of her, Vaughn had re-created her nursery, and it brought a flood of tears gently to her eyes.

“do you like it?” Vaughn asked her.

“my god Vaughn, I love it” Sydney smiled as she placed a gentle kiss on his lips. “I love you”

“I love you too babe” Vaughn smiled as he placed his arms around her stomach.

PM LIST
Tunita
Vampirgirl
Spy_love
Mrs.marshal030791
Sanotasaidan
Spirit
Skygirl5
Vartan-lova
Alias Fan Gillian
Zeri
~Summers~
Ms.katejones
Sfs&v
Syd_vaughn_4ever
Scialet
German Muse
Bubbles
mountaineer68
swimfan

i hate sydney. she loves sark but she loves vaughn too? whats up with this? which one is she lying too? well, obviously vaughn b/c this is one of caro's fics. i hate sarkney...but it was a really good chapter :D thanks for the pm!

b-b-but (and i quote from a previous chapter) Sark is the one she wants and Vaughn is the one she needs.

i want pizza, i don't need it. but i eat it anyway.

i want more CDs, i don't need them (ok maybe i do, bad example)

umm i want alias, i don't need (ok i seriously do)

oh you know what i mean!

like i'm happy and all that she's back with vaughn but... julian.. she just.. left him..
:cry:

awesome update carolyn! can't wait for more!

luv juju :harp:

awwwwwwwwwwwwww.... so cute at the end and the pizza memory "vile substance" i laughed at that because i love pizza and to call it a vile substance to me is funny so for now on i will be calling pizza a vile substance please please please add me to the pm list and keep on going i love this fanfic

This is so fantastic! Even though I am a die hard S/V fan, I somehow want Syd and Julian to be together, I feel soooo bad, but good at the same time if you know what I mean, anyways, PM me when you update and update soon! Please?

Back