Part of Us

i have to say i wuldnt expect "holy sh*t" to come out of Jack's mouth but im not surprised at the reaction... bet htt smile's faded now!!!!!

go sydney... you tell him

can't wait for more

update soon!!!!!!

a/n, this has fast forwarded HOWEVER, the Jack issue is well resolved later....

Chapter 19

“Sydney” Vaughn looked at her, “We have to go to the hospital”

“I am fine” Sydney shook her head, “It’s just a few little cramps”

“Sydney please stop being stubborn…for the sake of the baby?” Vaughn pleaded with her.

“Fine” Sydney agreed.

“Thank you” Vaughn nodded and opened the door, “Lets go”

*~*

“Well Sydney, it is a very good thing that you came in” the doctor looked at Sydney with slight concern.

“What?” Sydney looked at him oddly.

“Based on the tests we ran, it would appear that the baby is moving around slightly too much in your uterus, the child is small and we think it would be best if you carried the rest of the pregnancy out under bed rest”

“What?” Sydney stared.

“We feel that for the sake of the baby in this stage of developmental growth in the brain, it would be very detrimental to the health of your unborn child if you were to continue functioning normally during this pregnancy” he explained, “Do you understand?”

“You want me to stay in bed…for another 2 months…only getting up to…”

“Use the washroom and change location from one laying position to the next”

“Wow” Sydney breathed.

“I just…I need to call the, the uh father” Sydney grabbed her cell phone and began dialing Vaughn’s familiar number.

“Hey, aren’t you at the doctor?” he answered it on the second ring.

“I am” Sydney breathed, “Uh…can you stop by the doctor’s office like…now?”

“Is something wrong?” Vaughn asked, his voice becoming mildly panicked.

“Sorta…nothing huge” Sydney told him, “Just come?”

“I’ll be right there”

*~*

“Twenty seven” Sydney sighed as she drank her orange juice and took her prenatal vitamins.

“Counting down still?” Vaughn looked at her.

“We started out at 62” Sydney smiled.

“Yes we did, how are you doing today?” Vaughn sat down beside her.

“Good” Sydney told him, “Baby and I are doing quite well, and how are you?”

“Good, do you wanna have dinner tonight?” Vaughn asked her, “I was thinking pizza and sautéed mushrooms”

“You say that like its disgusting” Sydney laughed.

“Well…”

“It is not disgusting”

“Whatever, I’ll be home around 6:30, call me if you need anything” Vaughn told her rubbing her over sized belly fondly.

“Bye” Sydney laughed.

*~*

“And I just…I looked at paint swatches and I cannot decide which colour would be best for the nursery!” Sydney took the tissue to her nose as she blubbered continuously.

“Syd” Vaughn breathed as he stroked her hair gently, “Eat”

“I can’t eat, I can’t eat because I don’t know if the baby likes mushrooms and pizza! I mean…if I can’t even choose the right food how am I supposed to know what colour to paint a nursery!” Sydney sobbed, “I’m going to be a horrible mother”

“You are not going to be a horrible mother” Vaughn sighed as he put his arms around her, hugging her.

“I am too!” Sydney sobbed.

“You are not” Vaughn took her chin, lifting it so he could see her, “Your not”

“I am!”

“I love you”

“I am!” Sydney cried, “What?!”

“I love you” Vaughn swallowed the lump in his throat.

“Vaughn” Sydney whispered as she stared at him, her tears miraculously stopped. Before another word could escape her lips, his had placed themselves gently atop hers for their first real kiss.

Come on Syd, Michael just told you he loves you. Hopefully you'll feel the same way...especially now, that you're having a baby together.

Chris

YA he kissed her and told her he loves her!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:
-She better feel the same way...or that could be a little weird!!!
Can't wait for more!!!!! :woot:
-Great update!! LOVED IT!!!

That was great ... aww poor Syd ... hope she cant make it one bed rest ... aww he loves her ... wow ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Back