Puppy Love

:eek:ldhi:

I think it really sucks that Sydney got fired but if thats what it takes to be with Michael, so be it. I was hoping that she would write a really amazing story about Michael for the paper that would make him look good, but I cant see that happening anymore. :( She wont have to worry about her troubles when she is with Michael, will she? :P

Thankyou for the PM and please keep me on the list!
-G

here is the new chapter. Not sure yet when I'll post the next chapter, so you better enjoy this one.

Talk to you soon. :smiley: CJ

“What the hell…?”

Michael stood in his kitchen the next morning, scanning the headline plastered across the front page of the Tribune.

Bachelor Hunk Michael Vaughn’s Daughter in Hospital. Negligence Suspected.

Hot, burning fire filled his heart. He’d trusted Sydney, had allowed her into his and Gracie’s life. And Sydney had betrayed him.

His fingers curled around the paper as he skimmed the rest of the story. It was short and to the point. Gracie Vaughn in the hospital. Negligent nanny. Movie star Eleanor Marchand and tycoon William Vaughn’s granddaughter. Michael Vaughn’s adopted daughter. Child’s mother died in drug-related motorcycle crash.

Yeah, Sydney had done herself proud. She’d taken what he’d told her in confidence and made a front-page, trashy little story out of it.

He let out a heavy breath. She’d slithered her way in his life, shared a couple of kisses, then figured she could capitalize on knowing him and nab a juicy story.

“Hi, Daddy!”

He turned around and saw Gracie, still bleary -eyed from sleep, standing in the doorway to the kitchen dressed in yellow pj’s, her ragged, stuffed teddy bear clamped in her chubby hand. A white bandage still covered part of her forehead.

His heart melted, and his hard-edged anger faded a bit.

“Hi, Gracie-Bear.” He hunkered down and held out his arm. “Come here, my pretty girl.”

She smiled the toothy little grin that never failed to warm his heart, then toddled over and stepped into his arms.

“Hi, Daddy. Kiss?”

He kissed her cheek, buried his head in her baby shampoo hair and picked her up. His chest filled with an intense love for this precious little bundle.

“Did you have a good sleep?”

She nodded, then dangled the teddy bear by the ear.” Sam, too.”

Mrs. Smith stepped into the room. She smoothed her gray hair into its perpetual bun. “Good morning, Mr. Vaughn.”

“Good morning.” He tickled Gracie’s tummy.” I’m the tickle monster!”

Gracie giggled.” No! I icky onster!” She dug her tiny fingers in his chest.

He gave a belly laugh, then playfully held her high in the air, which she always loved. “Help me, help me!” he cried.

“Gracie-Bear, the tickle monster is getting me!”

She laughed.” I icky onster! I icky onster!”
He and Gracie took turns tickling each other, something they did all the time, and Michael once again felt pure love expand in his chest. Allison was all he had. He had to protect her.

He stayed long enough to have cereal and juice with Gracie, served at the toddler-size table in the kitchen, letting her daintily feed him cereal bites. And then, with a promise to be home in time for dinner and a story before she went to bed, he enjoyed Gracie’s sticky, juice -scented kisses and left to go to his office.

While he drove the familiar route to town, he couldn’t help but wonder how he’d let himself fall for Sydney’s cold calculated plot. He should know by now that letting a woman close was a mistake, that he’d pay the inevitable price.

Sydney flicked off the VCR, tired of watching old Disney movies, especially since she wouldn’t be having the happily-ever-after most of them ended with, not to mention that she really didn’t have the luxury of sitting around doing nothing.

After paying Danny’s debts, she had enough money in her savings account to last a week or two. She had to find another job quick, but had decided to allow herself one day to regroup before she contacted the few prospects she’d scrounged up in yesterday’s paper.

The doorbell rang. She walked over and opened the door. “Hey, Fran.”

Francie stepped into the house and eyed Sydney as if she had the plague. “Yuck. You look awful.”

“Why, thank you so much. I’ve heard that comment about my clothes twice today.” Sydney closed the door, then glanced down at her faded, navy-blue sweatpants, pink thank top and bunny slippers.

“I guess my outfit matched my mood. Blah.”

“I know you don’t have a subscription and usually bring the paper home from work, so I brought this.” She held out a copy of the Tribune. “Take a look, “she said ominously.

Sydney took the paper from Francie. She cast her gaze down, and dread slid though her like a sly snake. Front and center was an article about Gracie Vaughn’s fall.

Chewing on her lip, she scanned the article. Stan Adams, Joe’s most recent hire, had taken what little everyone already knew…Gracie’s well-known family, the tragic circumstances of her mother’s death…and embellished it to create what looked like a new, fresh story about a negligent nanny.

“Michael is gonna be livid. “Sydney threw the paper on the couch, an uneasy depression pressing on her.

Francie shrugged. “The wheels of journalism move on.”

“I think you mean the wheels of justice.”

“Whatever. Did he really think he could keep this under wraps?”

Sydney flopped onto the couch and rubbed her gritty eyes. “He probably figured the story started and ended with me.” She gave a rueful laugh. “Apparently he underestimated the power of the press. When in doubt, make something up.”

“Stan had a source.”

Sydney’s gaze flew to Francie’s , her journalistic instincts belatedly firing up. “He did? Who?”

“Get this. Stan didn’t even try to contact Michael after Stan read up on Michael’s past encounters with the press.”

Sydney leaned forward.” So, how did Stan get the facts?”

“Some janitor at the hospital was willing to talk.”

Sydney snapped her eyebrows together. Of course. The janitor mopping the hall around them . She snorted in disgust.

“He was nearby when Michael told me everything.”

“So you had all the necessary info but you didn’t write the story, “Francie offered knowingly.

“I chose not to.”

“Because?”

“I made a moral choice, simple as that, and honored a promise. His sweet little girl was in the hospital. Michael was understandably stressed out. Don’t they have the right to live their lives privately, without the whole city looking at them, judging them?”

“Maybe I’m not cut out to be a real reporter.”

Francie leaned forward. “Oh, I think you’ve got what it takes.” She picked the paper up from the floor. “I think it’s the subject that matters, girl. Vaughn has you running in circles about basic stuff. He must be pretty darn special.”

“I love him.”

“Then do something about it. Go to him and tell him what happened.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea right now. He probably thinks I’m the one who wrote the story, betrayed his trust. Do you actually think he would believe anything I say?”

“How do you know if you don’t give it a chance?” Francie asked.

TBC

Pm List: Want On or Off, Please let me know. Thanks. Pms are not working, so check it out and if you want, leave me a comment. thanks.

6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 alias
Ae_gurl293
albob
Alias # 1
Alias_chick_47
Aliasfan212
Aliasobsessed89
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
Ams4alias
Angel
ASIOagent
Atekamel
Benzmine
Blknight

catfishally
Catpin
cupcake55
Derevkointraining
Fire*N*ice
grassyass
gregstar
Gtwallichs
IheartVaughn
invisible
Jadeygirl
Jen-Jen
KaliasGirl
Kate_14
Kittykatsmeow

Krzykty57789
LittleNicky
Loane
mnkdance963
Nancy o
Nicky_Bristow
Prediction 47
scullymulder1234
Shelley g.
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
Sparklingrainbow
Spychic16
SpygirlAmy
SuperDuck123
SweetiePie

Syd&Vaughn4eva
Sydney_alias_Vaughn
SydneyAnneVaughn
Sydneyvaughn47
SydneyMicheal
Sydofthesea
Tblash423
texasalias2004
tubby
Tunita

Twinkley_angel
ubielecki
Vartan-lova
Vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
Wiseman
XMountineer02300844X
Xxaliasluverxx

sorry about that, I don't know what happened.

A HA HA! I am first! :P

So, you have to update soon, because that was just cruel! Cruel I tell you! We all want to know what will happen next. *shakes fist* Grrr... oh well.

Just keep us in suspense.

Michael is SO cute with Gracie. *sigh* Aw, he's so cute! I want one! :P

Hope you got to enjoy this gorgeous weather today. It's magnificent! :D

~Anja

Since it's my last 2 stories, I need time to write the endings.:angelic:

You guys shouldn't have to wait more than this weekend. :thinking:

As for the weather, I was so busy at work today that I only got to enjoy about 10 mins of fresh air. Yeah, that sucks. :angry:

:smiley:

CJ

aw she loves him!! yay but vaughns not gonna listin to her *sigh* so sad!! hope u update soon!!!! lol ~Lizzy

aw she loves him!! yay but vaughns not gonna listin to her *sigh* so sad!! hope u update soon!!!! lol ~Lizzy

OOO stupid Janitor and Stan!!!!!!! :angry:
I just really hope that Vaughn believes her!!!!!
-Can't wait to see what's going to happen!!!! :woot:
Loved it!! Can't wait for the next one!!

That was great ... Michael is going to feel bad if he goes of on Syd only to realize she was fired cause she didnt do teh story ... poor Syd needs to get a job ... love Gracie ... more soon please

hi i think ur story is really good cn i have a pm when u update? thanks!

hi i love ur story i think its really good i was wondering if i could get a pm cuz i wld really lik tht thnaks! :D

Short update but I liked it.
So, I checked and I am on the PM list but the last couple of updates I haven't gotten one. What's the deal?

Regarding the pms: :angry:

nobody has been removed from the list. The pms are simply not working. I've tried last night and again this morning and still no go. So just check once in a while for the new update.

Thanks

:smiley:

CJ

Back