Puppy Love

It is really great to see the contrast that you created between Alice and Sydney and the thoughts and feelings Michael has for both. :love: I really hope that they act on those feelings again really soon so Michael can see that she really isnt that type of reporter.

Thankyou for the updates and the PM...
-G

Bad Alice! lol. *looks at Syddie & Vaughn* You know you :love: each other, so make with the kissy kissy and then get married and live happily ever after! lol. That was a really cute chappie! Thanks for the pm and I can't wait for the next update! ^_^

P.S. I just want to ask why I didnt get a PM for last wednesdays update ???

For those asking why they didn't get a pm for the last update, the reason is simple: The pms didn't work. Just so you know, I will be updating every 2 days. So that means that the next update will be on Monday.

:smiley:

CJ

i love this story, it seems perfect. Please could you add me to the pm list so that if they do work then I will be lucky enough to get one.

Thank you very much

i love this story, it seems perfect. Please could you add me to the pm list so that if they do work then I will be lucky enough to get one.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Haha I'm glad Alice is out of the picture, and I loved that Sydney decided to stay with him.

Awesome chapter. Can't wait for more.

°°NiCkY°°

Sorry about the delay, I didn't have time to post here this morning. Here are 2 new updates. Thanks for R & R and talk to you all very soon.

:smiley:

CJ

~Part 11~

“So, I guess you won’t seeing Alice again?”

He gave her a sly, teasing look. “Interested, now, are you?” he asked, warming up to a little innocent flirting.

“Uh, no. I just need to know for the article. The readers will want to know for sure about that.”

He nodded and looked right in her eyes, curious about whether there was more than her job keeping her here.

“Mmm-hmm. And there’s no personal interest there at all?”

She paused and stared back, unblinking. As quick and as bright as lightening, something passed between them, something electrifying.

He smiled crookedly, then looked off in the distance, propping an elbow on his jean-clad, raised knee.

“I’ve been wanting to call you, but I didn’t because you said not to.”

Her stomach flip-flopped, and a deep, totally ridiculous sense of pleasure rolled through her. She took a calming breath and then ruthlessly crushed her happiness. His admission didn’t matter. After today Michael would be nothing but a guy she’d interviewed for a story.

He picked up a strand of her hair. “It’s obvious I’m attracted to you, and I think you feel the same about me…”

Major understatement.

She let him trail off and watched his fingers lightly toy with her hair, her breath caught in her throat, her heart thumping. She should pull away and run as fast as she could. Michael was hiding things she ought to ask about instead of kissing him, and she was dead sure he had the power to hurt her. But she was frozen in place by how much she liked his gentleness and simple taste, not to mention how attracted she was to him physically…and that was mutual.

Keeping this picnic impersonal was impossible with Michael turning on the charm. She wanted to know everything about him. She wanted his hands on more than her hair. She wanted him everywhere.

Her heart kept pumping wildly in her chest, as if she’d run a long, long way. Excitement skittered under her skin like millions of tiny arrows.

And then he looked down, directly at her. Those deep green eyes pinned her to the ground, and she felt her stomach clench and tighten with need. Her heart almost exploded.

He ran his hand through her hair. “I’ve wanted to do this since I first saw you.”

His gaze trailed to her mouth and lingered. Her breath stilled at the way he stared at her lips and at the feel of his hands in her hair. All thoughts of running away from this wonderful man vanished instantly. She couldn’t move a muscle; much less deny herself the wonder of his kiss.

Just one, tiny kiss.

“Sydney, “he murmured huskily, leaning over her. “Tell me to stop, now, because I’m going to kiss you.”

She tried to say something, but nothing came out…only a tiny, muffled sigh. They were in a public park. What could happen? It was a simple kiss, nothing to be afraid of, really, and oh, how she wanted his mouth on hers again.

She’d been alone for so long…

He loomed closer and closer as his head dropped toward her. He removed her sunglasses and set them on the blanket, and his now-familiar scent, coffee and him, teased her nose. Her eyes drifted shut, and then, just when she thought she’d come out of her skin in anticipation and need, his mouth claimed hers.

Oh, yes!

He wasted no time in preliminaries. The kiss was hot and deep from the start. She opened her mouth and welcomed his tongue in with a hungry groan, then pulled him closer with trembling arms. Her will to resist flooded out of her in a rush, leaving her hot and shaking and wanting more and more.

He pulled away, then trailed kisses down her cheek and into the valley of her neck.” Come home with me.”

No one had wanted her like this in a very long time, maybe never. Filled with a desperate longing and a heady power, she arched into him as he nuzzled her neck, kissing and licking, while she trailed eager hands over his taut, muscles back and shoulders. She could spend hours exploring his body, losing herself in every sculpted muscle, every bit of male flesh that was so different from her own…

A whine echoed close to her ear and then a wet tongue licked at her face. And it sure wasn’t Michael…Molly.

Michael pulled away, kicking up one corner of his mouth. “Hold that kiss, Syd.”

He pushed to a sitting position, picked up Molly and cuddled her close. “Molly-girl, are you jealous? Do you need some attention?” He ran his big hands over the tiny while fluff ball and scratched her behind her little ears.

After a few minutes, Michael put Molly down, then instantly reached for Sydney again.

She scooted back on the blanket, determined to keep some distance now.” Michael…no.” She sucked in a shaky breath.

He ran a hand through his short hair. “Yeah, I guess you’re right. I seem to forget myself when you’re around.” He started loading the picnic basket. “Man, what in the world is wrong with me?”

Her heart ached. Did he think it was wrong to want her? She closed her eyes, willing her senses, and body, back to normal and tried to ignore the hurt his words had caused.

“And me. I’ve told myself you’re off-limits, but I keep forgetting.”

He gave a humorless laugh. “Off-limits? That’s pretty harsh.”

“Harsh? Maybe. But necessary. She’d never survive another heartbreak.

“I…uh, haven’t had much luck in the man department, “she explained. “I have a habit of picking the wrong guys.”

“And I’m wrong?”

“Yes, “she whispered. “You are.”

His eyes slid away, and a muscle jumped in his jaw. “Why?”

“Michael, I don’t want to become involved with anyone. My ex-boyfriend hurt me. I caught him in bed with one of my best friends, and he left me with a ton of bills, and well…I can’t go through that again. Not ever.”

His mouth formed a grim line. “What a jerk.”

“Yeah, well, that’s one way of putting it.” She reached of her sunglasses, put them on, and then picked Molly up.

“I know what it’s like to be hurt.” His gaze skittered away briefly. “Maybe we could take it…slow.”

“Do you want a serious relationship right now?” she asked. “Be honest.”

“No.” He reached out to pet Molly. “That’s my loss, “he murmured, vague regret shadowed in his eyes. “And yours. It could have been good between us, Sydney.”

He tipped her chin up and kissed her again, plying her lips open and sweeping her mouth with his warm, hot tongue. She clung to his hungry kiss, wishing she could let herself care for this warm, funny guy.

But that was just a dream.

He abruptly pulled away and looked deep in her eyes. “Damn good.”

He rolled to his feet, took Molly from her, picked up the picnic basket and bag of garbage, and left Sydney with her pulsing from his kiss and his promise-filled words echoing in her head.

Damn good was right.

TBC

~Part 12~

“Stupid car, “Sydney muttered, drumming her fingertips on the steering wheel.

Michael’s head popped up over the open hood of her piece of junk. “ Try it again.”

She turned the key, but nothing happened. Not a click. Not a sputter. Nothing.

He walked around to the driver’s window. “Looks like it’s the battery. I’ll jump you.”

She smirked and snorted. I wish.

“You better watch it, missy, or I will jump you.” His eyes held a promise she wished she could take him up on.

“Oooooh, I’m scared, “ she mock whimpered.

He arched a dark brow and shot her a look that sent her stomach tumbling. “You should be. Anyway, my guess is you need a new battery.” He cast a disparaging glance toward her dented, ancient heap of a car. “And a new car.”

“Yeah, I know. But the mortgage comes first. Go ahead and use the cables.”

Five minutes later, even after they’d attached the jumper cables and poured enough power from Michael’s car into Sydney’s to light a small city, the car was still dead.

She got out of the car and kicked a tire in fury. “Great. What am I supposed to do now?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take you home and arrange for a tow truck to pick you car up.”

She didn’t like the sound of that. She needed to get away from his hot glanced, heart-stopping kisses and charming personality. Her willpower was seeping out of her like a Popsicle left in the sun. There had to be another way.

“Do you have a cell phone?” She asked.

“”Nope. Left it at home.”

“How about you?” He asked.

“Um…the battery ran down a few days ago, and I forgot to recharged it.

She was stuck. “All right. You can take me home.”

She sent up a silent prayer for strength and control. Every minute she spent with him weakened her resolve to keep him at arm’s length.

He finally pulled in front of her house. He turned the ignition off and turned to face her.

“Sydney, about what I said earlier…I…I didn’t mean to say…”Michael’s pager sounded, shrill in the confined space of the car.

“Hold on.” He glanced at the pager, frowned and then turned it off. “ Can I go inside and use your phone?”

“Uh, sure, no problem.”

Michael followed her to the porch. She opened the front door and stepped inside.

“The phone’s in the kitchen, “she said, waving a hand in the general direction of where he should go. He stepped around Sydney, his body reminding her what his lips felt like on hers and how much her own body stupidly wanted more.

“Thanks, “he said.

Why did Michael always manage to fluster her like this?

She rolled her eyes and threw her bag down. Get over it. She’d give him his privacy for his phone call, and then he’d leave and she’d be fine.

She heard Michael’s deep voice from the kitchen, then specifically heard a swearword. She stepped toward the kitchen door, then heard the phone slam down in its cradle. She froze, puzzled.

Michael stormed out of the kitchen, grim-faced. “I gotta go.”

“What’s wrong?”

He shook his head and opened the screen door. “Just a family emerg…uh, situation.” He strode across the porch.

“Be sure to call a tow truck. If you need a car while yours is being fixed, I have a company van I can lend you for a few days.”

Sydney stopped at the door and held the screen open, wishing he trusted her enough to confide in her about his little girl.

“No, that’s all right. I’ll get a rental or something.”

~*~

The automatic double doors opened with a whoosh. Michael walked through, dread turning his blood cold, and hesitated as the antiseptic hospital smell hit him full force. He nearly gagged.

Michael followed the signs to the emergency room, praying Gracie was all right. Mrs. Smith had told him on the phone that Gracie had fallen and cut open her head. Supposedly she was going to be fine, but he had to see for himself and hold her in his arms before he could allow himself to relax. Gracie was everything to him, and he couldn’t bear the thought of anything happening to her.

And damn him. He should have been at home with his little angel instead of wasting his date on some dumb date and hanging out with Sydney.

After a terse conversation with a harried-looking nurse at the front desk, he stepped through a door and moved to exam room five, where he’d been told Gracie and Mrs. Smith waited.

He stepped into the room and his blood froze. Gracie sat sucking her thumb on Mrs. Smith’s lap. A narrow bandage had been wrapped around Gracie’s brown, curled-topped head and he could distinctly see the tracks of her tears on her chubby, pale cheeks.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He needed to stay calm and cool-headed, even though the sight of his little girl with a bandage on her head drove all rational thought from his mind.

Mrs. Smith looked up, “Mr. Vaughn, “she said, her blue eyes glassy with tears.

Gracie lifted her head. “Dadda!” she cried, struggling to get off Mrs. Smith’s lap. “Dadda!”

He walked toward them, his arms outstretched. “ Gracie-Bear.” A second later his precious darling was in his arms, smuggled against him, her little-girl scent surrounding him.

He held her tight, thanking God that she was all right, vowing to protect her no matter what.

Gracie pulled away and looked up at him, her big green eyes wide. “Owee.” She pressed a chubby hand to her head. “Owee, Dada.”

He buried his face in her curls, then pressed a gentle kiss to the top of her head. “I know, Gracie-Bear, I know.”

Mrs. Smith wrung her hands but remained silent.

He pressed his lips together and looked at the nanny. “What happened?”

“She stumbled and fell against the coffee table in the family room.”

He looked at Gracie’s head. “How many stitches?”

“Five.”

He clenched his jaw.

Mrs. Smith pulled off her glasses and wiped her red-rimmed eyes. “I’m so sorry, Mr. Vaughn. I was right there, but she tripped over a toy…”

He held up a hand and cut her off. “This isn’t your fault. All children fall down. “ And I should have been there.”

“I know, “Mrs. Smith said, running a hand through her disheveled gray hair. She looked exhausted. “But even so…”

“Why don’t you go home. “He adjusted Gracie in his arms. She pressed her face into the side of his neck.

“I’ll stay here with Gracie.”

“Oh, now, I couldn’t leave.”

“You need to rest, and there’s no reason for both of us to stay. They said they wanted to hold her for observation.”

“Yes, since it’s so late and she lost consciousness for a brief time.”

He squeezed Gracie tighter against him. The thought of losing her cut across his soul, reminding him of how important it was to keep her safe.

TBC

Pm List: Want On or Off, Please let me know. Thanks.

6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 alias
Ae_gurl293
albob
Alias # 1
Alias_chick_47
Aliasfan212
Aliasobsessed89
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
Ams4alias
Angel
ASIOagent
Atekamel
Benzmine
Blknight

catfishally
Catpin
cupcake55
Derevkointraining
Fire*N*ice
grassyass
gregstar
Gtwallichs
IheartVaughn
invisible
Jen-Jen
KaliasGirl
Kate_14
Kittykatsmeow

Krzykty57789
LittleNicky
Loane
mnkdance963
Nancy o
Nicky_Bristow
Prediction 47
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
Sparklingrainbow
Spychic16
SpygirlAmy
SweetiePie

Sydney_alias_Vaughn
SydneyAnneVaughn
Sydneyvaughn47
SydneyMicheal
Sydofthesea
Tblash423
texasalias2004
tubby
Tunita

Twinkley_angel
ubielecki
Vartan-lova
Vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
Wiseman
XMountineer02300844X
Xxaliasluverxx

Poor Gracie. :(

VAUGHN WILL GO BACK TO SYDNEY!!!!! HE WILL!!!!!!! *determined face*

So, how many chapters is this fic? You said that you had it all finished, right?

So, isn't the weather magnificent? I love it! I went frollicking while I was waiting for the bus today. My skirt was pretty and twirling!

Poor Sydney. Being put down like that, and he didn't even really appologize. She likes Michael, but he's being all... stubborn. Like Sydney. Both of them need to stop being so stubborn.

Thanks for the PM!

~Anja

Michael is wonderful with his little girl and I too wish he could trust in Sydney but... it is still too soon.

Great chapters!

That was great ... aww they are both soo stupid ... they want to be together but are to scared ... awww poor Gracie glad shes ok ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Back