Season 4 Rate: Pandora

What did you think of "Pandora"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
Leslie said:
Nononononono guys -- it was Arvin Sloane (the real) who put the hit out on Syd and framed Irina. It is the fake one that is dealing with Bill Vaughn and tricking Vaughn. The real Sloane has no idea about that (as in, no idea where Vaughn was all this time). The fake Sloane has no idea about Irina. :smiley:

Clearer?
[post="1300739"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm not so sure. How do we know the fake Sloane didn't put the hit out on Syd?

tippinlover said:
I'm not so sure.  How do we know the fake Sloane didn't put the hit out on Syd?
[post="1300747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well for what reason does he have to frame Irina? I mean we dont' know a lot about him but he seems to be preoccupied with Rambaldi stuff, the part of the real Sloane that's been missing the whole season. He acts as that little missing part of Sloane (eventually possbily lure Sloane back to Rambaldi? that would become Sloane's (the real one)'s undoing... hmmm) and manipulates Vaughn whose father had a hand in dealing with Rambaldi. While the real Sloane (come, on you can't possibly believe he's REALLY good ;) ) manipulates Sydney and Jack for his ulterior motive (hmmm wonder what it could be...). And dont' forget Jack and Sloane's plan... :o_O: Alias is getting complicated again. :blink:
--Mandy :angelic:

tippinlover said:
I'm not so sure.  How do we know the fake Sloane didn't put the hit out on Syd?
[post="1300747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I think we can't be positive about that yet either. It should be fun to see everyone all mixed up next week. I don't think the world is big enough for two Sloanes.

It was eerie how good that guy at the end was of being Sloane. The glasses, the voice, the way he leaned forward in his chair...it was so Arvinish.

Meh. That's jmho on the issue. For one, the fake Sloane (Joel Grey :love:) is a guest role, so one can assume he has nothing to do with the longer arcs in the Alias series, such as the entire Irina "thing." ^_^

GUH. The promo is not working for me and I am mad. :banghead:

ETA: Oh yeah and there's the whole thing about how only the *real* Sloane had the whole betrayal/adultery thing goin' on with Irina. ;)

AlexBristow03 said:
no kidding, i was already to believe vaughn was gonna cheat on syd, and the voice on the promo was pretty clear!! im gonna stick to spoilers, but stop watching the promos from now on!!!
[post="1300746"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Definately
unless they have s/v moments in them
then i'll watch :D

emetib147 said:

ya... just don't spill anything about spoilers here please~Mandy

[post="1300724"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:( sorry!! i didnt realize that would be a spoiler.. what i meant was that was just my hunch from the beginning.. not necessarily that it was what a spoiler said.. sorry about that!

umm about the Sloane(s) thing! wouldnt it be cool if they had been like secretly working together this entire time?! :woot:

Leslie said:
If it is returning..... *mumblemumble*
[post="1300767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: hahaha. Still in doubt Les? even though Bill Vaughn's not really dead and well good things are going to happen?

The fact that Faux!Sloane is involved in the Rambaldi world leads me to the conclusion that he could have easily wanted Sydney dead. I still say the whole render the greatest power unto utter desolation means she will destory something. Maybe that something is Nadia or some other important Rambaldi "work" and he knows about.

Just speculating, but how stupid can Sloane be? I have a hard time believing that anyone would be able to chase something back to him. Not to mention an account? That doesn't sound right. Sloane doesn't get caught or found out, he lets you believe you're right until you do what he wants you to do.

mystery_chick said:
:lol: hahaha. Still in doubt Les? even though Bill Vaughn's not really dead and well good things are going to happen?
[post="1300773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You're gonna roll your eyes at me, but I'm in Sark withdrawal... like whoa. :cry:

Loved the episode. So glad the promos were misleading! I am not convinced we have seen the last of Bill Vaughn, something doesn't add up. Am also worried that Dixon will tell Syd that Vaughn shot him...

tippinlover said:
The fact that Faux!Sloane is involved in the Rambaldi world leads me to the conclusion that he could have easily wanted Sydney dead.  I still say the whole render the greatest power unto utter desolation means she will destory something.  Maybe that something is Nadia or some other important Rambaldi "work" and he knows about.

Just speculating, but how stupid can Sloane be?  I have a hard time believing that anyone would be able to chase something back to him.  Not to mention an account?  That doesn't sound right.  Sloane doesn't get caught or found out, he lets you believe you're right until you do what he wants you to do.
[post="1300774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

From dictionary.com:

tr.v. des·o·lat·ed, des·o·lat·ing, des·o·lates (-lt)

1. To rid or deprive of inhabitants.
2. To lay waste; devastate: “Here we have no wars to desolate our fields” (Michel Guillaume Jean de Crèvecoeur).
3. To forsake; abandon.
4. To make lonely, forlorn, or wretched.

Render the greatest power? hmmm maybe think outside of the people and think government. Maybe it's saying that she'll betray the CIA. :Ph34r:

:mellow: I dont' know, it's a whole big mess and we have no idea what's going to happen, but to speculate, it only makes sense in my mind if the real sloane is doing some of the bad deeds. ;)

Leslie said:
You're gonna roll your eyes at me, but I'm in Sark withdrawal... like whoa. :cry:
[post="1300777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: hahaha. I'll try to restraint myself. :P

tippinlover said:
Just speculating, but how stupid can Sloane be?  I have a hard time believing that anyone would be able to chase something back to him.  Not to mention an account?  That doesn't sound right.  Sloane doesn't get caught or found out, he lets you believe you're right until you do what he wants you to do.
[post="1300774"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah but did you notice the extent to which Syd had to go to get the info (i.e. all the procedure... the music box, encryption, etc. etc.)? Irina isn't stupid -- she's always been better at Sloane at all this. In the game of chess they play, she's always a step ahead. I am not surprised at all that she was able to trace all of her proof of a setup to Sloane... He may cover his tracks but she's just that good. :D

Vaughnlover15 said:
OMG i fell asleep at 9:30 can someone tell me what happened!!!!!!!
[post="1300769"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I can't believe you fell asleep!

Basically, Syd followed Katya's instructions to find a music box that was encrypted with a code that proved Irina didn't want Syd dead; the hit was paid for by a bank account registered to A. Sloane.

Vaughn goes on a mission with the bad guys to retrieve a Rambaldi manuscript from a CIA convoy, Dixon and the blonde baddie get shot, but Dix is ok b/c he wore his vest. Vaughn figures out his dad was dead all along; the bad guys were messing with him and Vaughn beats up one of the bad guys until they tell him they work for Sloane.

Back at APO, Marshall gets Jack's test results and tells spydaddy to get himself to a doctor, for Syd's sake; Nadia wants to believe her mom loved her; Weiss is in the dark as usual; and Sloane is poking his head in everyone's business.

BUT THE FREAKIEST PART is at the end when this crazy dude is pretending to be Sloane. This faux Sloane is the one who tricked Vaughn.

So S/V kiss at the end and plan revenge on the real Sloane, not knowing there is a Sloane Clone involved.

Leslie said:
Yeah but did you notice the extent to which Syd had to go to get the info (i.e. all the procedure... the music box, encryption, etc. etc.)? Irina isn't stupid -- she's always been better at Sloane at all this. In the game of chess they play, she's always a step ahead. I am not surprised at all that she was able to trace all of her proof of a setup to Sloane... He may cover his tracks but she's just that good. :D
[post="1300785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I kind of think Sloane and Irina are equals. Having said that, neither Sloane or Irina would be stupid enough to leave an account in their names implicating them in a conspiracy. I just don't believe it.

tippinlover said:
I kind of think Sloane and Irina are equals.  Having said that, neither Sloane or Irina would be stupid enough to leave an account in their names implicating them in a conspiracy.  I just don't believe it.
[post="1300795"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree I think Real Sloane is being set up by the Sloane Clone. When Sloane does reveal his evil plan I hope it is more well thought-out and subtle than this one.

Back