Season 3 real Francie - evil Francie

sdmix

Cadet
i read an interview at TVGUIDE.com i believe with Merrin Dungey. and she said that her and JJ had meetings trying to figure out what to do with Francie. they wanted to make her more interesting. so they i suppose eventually came up with the whole Freplica idea. and the so for like a year and a half Merrin has been training to play a character with fight scenes and the whole bit. but now it seems real Francie is dead, and evil Francie is dead, so will Merrin/Francie be on the show in any way next season? it just doesn't seem to me like they'd do all this work for a half season of evil stares and only one fight scene. i just figure that there has to be more... right?

anybody hear anything please post it here.

PS* has anyone heard anything about Merrin leaving the show? as far as i can tell Merrin hasn't left or been booted from the show, so....argh, i don't know.

PPS* the face for this topic is meant to be a face of frustration with not knowing and not being able to figure things out. (just so nobody thinks i'm angry.) :smiley:

That's what surprised me too--she spent several months in training just for one fight and then she gets killed off.

Merrin won't be returning, unfortunately.

If she survived, she could conceivably guest. But I guess Merrin's ready for action roles, now, at least!
;)

AliasALIAS said:
That's what surprised me too--she spent several months in training just for one fight and then she gets killed off.

Merrin won't be returning, unfortunately.
Ya but that was one helluva fight.

Word seems to be pointing at Merrin not returning, but now there are some unconfirmed rumors. See Various Spoilers (they contain spoilers, just in case it wasn't obvious :P )

well i am still really hoping that Merrin/Francie is back some way in season 3. i don't know about everyone else, but i really liked Francie.
and i was also reading some rumors that Bradley Cooper may be leaving the show. but i really doubt it. Jennifer Garner has said in interviews that none of their hot guys are going anywhere. and i've heard before that they all have 6 year contracts or something.

I saw some unconfirmed rumors that Merrin is not coming back. My personal opinion is that I didn't like her and hope she doesn't return. Her character went from clueless Francie to heartless hitman Freplica overnight and no one knew? I just can't see her being best friends with Syd, I guess. And I didn't like it when she gave Vaughn that gift.

laneytk said:
I saw some unconfirmed rumors that Merrin is not coming back.  My personal opinion is that I didn't like her and hope she doesn't return.  Her character went from clueless Francie to heartless hitman Freplica overnight and no one knew?  I just can't see her being best friends with Syd, I guess.  And I didn't like it when she gave Vaughn that gift.
I've seen the opposite--it was confirmed that Merrin wouldn't be returning, but unconfirmed rumors say she will return.

I agree that Francie didn't have a storyline, but she was still crucial to the show. She was the only "normal" person, and she was Sydney's best friend. I think with time, she would have become more imortant. We can't see the CIA through the whole 45 minutes. Francie's restaurant would be like a hangout place. Every show has a hangout place :D

i hope merrin comes back on the show as the good francie although that seems kinda impossible :( syd needs someone who isnt involved in the enitre CIA, sloane thing. i think that she will still be on as the evil clone b/c i dont think she died in her fight w/ syd

well it seemed that syd was dead too...however she came back two yearas later. who knows. this show will confuse you if you don't wacth and memorize every episoide

AliasALIAS said:
I agree that Francie didn't have a storyline, but she was still crucial to the show. She was the only "normal" person, and she was Sydney's best friend. I think with time, she would have become more imortant. We can't see the CIA through the whole 45 minutes. Francie's restaurant would be like a hangout place. Every show has a hangout place :D
ever since Francie was apparently killed, that's one of the reasons that i've been thinking that it just couldn't/wouldn't be. now that Will's working with the CIA, Francie would be her only connection to a "normal" life.

>>i have been trying to figure out theories as to why/how the real Francie could still be alive, but the longer the show goes on the more improbable those theories are. so if she were to come back (the original Francie i mean) i haven't a clue how they would do it. the only thing i'm STILL wondering about was why Will and Francie never got out of town when Sydney told Will to get Francie and leave. as far as we saw or was ever mentioned they never left. i had been thinking that there was something to that, but it just seems that too much time has gone by and it's irrelevant.
(though of course i'm still clinging to some hope. after all, it's not like JJ to just make an error in a show. it's always seemed that everything means something eventually)

i personally ahet evil francie, however the other one wasn't my favorite character either,i don't really hope she comes back but i guess it could be possible.that would kinda complicate the story line though but whatever as long as she doesn't try to kill sydney again then i guess it's okay

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I thought evil francie was a good suspenseful twist to the show, but the real francie wasn't the best either. I will miss her though, she was cool. </span>

if francie does come back, there had better be a good explanation for it. Sydney kicked her butt and shot her multiple times. She must be god like to survive that.

Back