Remember When

“No worries,” Sydney said with a smile as she opened the car door, Michael bent down and picked up everything that was dropped, “So, I guess we’ll see you soon…” she stopped talking when she saw Michael holding a bottle of prescription pills.
Why?! why does she have pills?

~lil~

ok, I really hope Sydney wouldn't be irresponsible enough to be addicted to some kind of drug when she has a child to raise by herself. And Sydney, being Sydney, puts other people's well being ahead of her own, and that goes especially for her daughter. ergo, they must be for, like a sinus infection or something equally anti-climactic ;)
I think I tend to over-analyze things... sorry :blush:

Oh I didn't even know that there was a sequel! I just found it in your signature.
Please add me to the pm list. This sounds amazing.

Update. No update until Monday. Please review! :D

Chapter 4

“What is this?” he asks holding up the bottle of pills. He looks at the label, “Gleevec?” he gasps.

“Vaughn, please don’t,” Sydney sighed.

“Syd, this is for-“

“I know what it’s for Vaughn!” Sydney cried. “I know.”

“How long?” he asked. “How far along is it?”

“It’s really early. They found it three months ago. The prognosis is good.”

“What form of it do you have?”

“Chronic leukemia. The survival rate is pretty high, so I’m not too worried.”

“Jesus, Syd,” he sighed, “You should have told me.”

“God, don’t you get it? I didn’t want you to know! I didn’t want you to know that I was engaged, I didn’t want you to know when he died, or when I had a daughter. And I didn’t want you to know that I might be dying.”

“Syd, please,” he pleaded.

“No, Michael. I have to go. Lara needs to go to sleep, and I’m feeling pretty exhausted. One of the side effects, right?” she said bitterly.

They nodded and Sydney got in the van and drove off.

Sydney parked in her driveway and took the very asleep Lara out of the car seat and brought her inside. She walked up to Lara’s room and opened the door. Danny had started on the room right before he died, painting it a pale pink colour because Sydney had been determined that they would be having a baby girl. Even though he disagreed, he went along with it. “What would you say now? If you saw that I was right,” she whispered with a smile towards the heavens.

She placed Lara under her bedcovers and kissed her forehead. Before she knew it, Sydney’s eyes filled with tears. “Why?” she whispered, “Why did this have to happen? Why did Danny have to die, and why do I have to leave her? She’s completely innocent. She didn’t do anything to deserve this!” She cried softly above her daughter for a few more minutes before she felt a soft hand on hers.

“Cwy?” Lara asked.

“I’m sorry, baby. Mommy just misses daddy.”

“Dada too,” she whispered and hugged her mother.

“I know you do, sweetie, I know you do.”

They hugged for a while longer until Lara fell back asleep and Sydney next to her, in each other’s arms.

Sydney woke up slowly when she heard the phone ringing, she reached over and picked it up, “Sydney Bristow,” she said.

“Syd, it’s Michael.”

Sydney sighed, “Hey.”

“I just… I wanted to apologize for what I said to you earlier. I had no right to say anything like that.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it.”

“Well, I still had no right to say anything along those lines.”

They paused and just listened to the other person’s silence over the line.

“Michael, do you want to come over tomorrow night? I just… it’s the… I really don’t want to be alone. Normally I’d have Nadia but she’s…”

“No, I’ll be there.”

“Seriously? What about Alice?”

“Alice? She can spend one night without me, we haven’t been together that long.”

Sydney laughed, “Sounds like you really love her,” she said sarcastically.

“Syd, I’m sorry. For everything.”

“No need to apologize, we’ll talk tomorrow. I’ll see you soon, Lara’s waking up.”

“Say hi for me,” he said.

“I will,” she laughed.

“See you tomorrow.”

Remember, no updates until Monday. Also, please don't hate me.

Nooo poor Syd!!!!! (n)
-Maybe spending time with Vaughn will make her happy and help her get better!!! :angelic:
Great update!! Thanks for the pm!!!

Now I seriously prefered that she had an addiction. I had my suspicions but now that it's real makes it all more complicated.
Maybe it will bring Sydney and Vaughn together, though.

Great chapter.

Now that he knows about the Gleevec. I wonder if he'll become active in her treatment? And Since Gleevec only slows down the leukemia, will she have a bone marrow transplant? The only known cure at this time. That is, if she can find a donor match.

It would be cute if her daughter was the match.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

That was great ... nooo she has leukemia ... poor Syd ... did she lie to Caughn about her prognosis she she said she didnt want to leave her daughter ... yah they are going to tey and be friends ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Man Syd just gets hit with one thing after the other. Poor girl can't seem to have a normal and non chaotic life.
Great update
Thanks for the PM

omg i don't know if im allowed be happy that there getting along when we just found out she has cancer!!!!!!!! omg (n) (n) (n) shes' going to be ok right???

thankx for the pm
update soon
:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Back