The Summer to Remember

:eek:ldhi: Good afternoon/evening everyone! I'm suddenly getting a case of writer's block. So I tried my best at this chapter. I am trying to write updates for all the other fics, so let's hope I can get my muse back. Anyway, please read and review.

-erin :smiley:

Here is what is coming up:
Sydney and Vaughn start planning a massive party to take place in two months, the house next door to Sydney is put up for sale, how Sydney takes care of her drunk parents and some more S/V fluff.

Chapter Fifteen
After talking to her parents and Michael’s parents she decided it was time to change into her polka-dotted bikini and jump in. As she stepped out of the house, Michael did too.

“Hey Syd, do you want to go on the pontoon and hang at the sandbar?” Vaughn questioned.

“Sure, sounds like fun and maybe we’ll meet some more people our age.”

“I’m sure we will.”

“Can I borrow that life jacket again? I really need to go buy my own.”

“Yeah…even better yet, you can have it. I don’t think my cousin is coming up for a real long time.”

“Okay. Thanks so much Vaughn, you’re the best.”

“I know, I know. What can I say?”

They boarded the pontoon and set sail for the sand bar. Upon arrival it was empty and they had the whole place to themselves. Half an hour later there were a lot of people on the one sand bar. Sydney and Vaughn met only about four people their age. They lived on the other side of the lake.

“Would you guys like to come to the roller rink with us tonight?” Sydney asked her new friends.

“Absolutely, we can all get to know each better.” One of the girls replied.

“Okay. How about we meet at eight o’clock at the roller rink in town by the skate rental?” Vaughn suggested.

“Fine with us.”

Sydney and Vaughn departed the sand bar and back to their houses to get ready to go out for dinner and to go to the roller rink. They decided that they would meet up at six o’clock by Sydney’s BMW.

She went upstairs to find her luggage in her room and towels now located inside the bathroom. Sydney took a hot shower and then got ready. She decided upon wearing a pair of jean capris, silver flip-flops, and a navy polo. Promptly at six she hugged her parents good-bye and went outside and started the car. Vaughn appeared two minutes past six and hopped in the car.

Dinner was great. Vaughn gave Sydney directions to his parent’s favorite restaurant called Timberwoods. It was a casual restaurant and had hunted animals displayed on the walls much to Sydney’s disgust. They cuisine was some of the best Sydney had ever tasted.

At eight o’clock they stood by the skate rental inside the roller rink. The people they met at the sand bar showed up just a minute after they did. Everyone rented some skates and then set off for the rink. Vaughn and Sydney held hands the entire time because Sydney wasn’t too sure she could still skate after eight years.

Everyone skated until about a quarter to nine and sat down and ordered pizza.

“So how long have you guys lived up here?” Sydney asked.

“My whole life.” One girl replied.

“I live in Indiana and come here every chance we get.” Another girl replied.

“Just since last year. I moved from Seattle.” A guy answered.

“Seattle?!” Sydney exclaimed.

“Yeah. My father was offered a position to be head of the company’s Midwest branch.”

“Wow. Good for him, but was it hard for you?”

“In the beginning yes, but then I met a lot of people and I’m really enjoying it. The winters are great.”

“Is it really cold?”

“Yup. There’s a snow belt over Michigan which means that it snows a lot in the winter season and when you have snow it has to be cold because other wise it is rain.”

“I know that…I’m not too sure I would want to spend a winter up here.”

“Chicken.” Vaughn told her.

“Shut up.” Sydney replied as she punched his arm playfully.

The group continued to talk under the pizza arrived. They skated some more after pizza and all finally returned to their homes around eleven o’clock at night.

“I had a great night.” Sydney told Vaughn as he was walking her up to her doorstep.

“Really? I did too. You’re great with people. You can talk to anyone, even complete strangers and I love that about you. You are the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life, if things don’t go wrong.”

“Me too Vaughn, me too. Did I mention how romantic you are?”

“I think you have Syddie.”

“No! Not the Syddie thing again! Vaughn…”

“Just kidding.”

“Good, you better have. What would you say if my parents said that we could host a massive party in August?”

“I would say let’s get planning Bristow!”

“Alright Vaughn!”

They kissed good-bye and Sydney headed inside her house not knowing her parents and Vaughn’s parents were drunk.

PM LIST
6helterskelter6
Alias_Angel
Alias lover 818
aliaschick347
AliasSydney502
angels_fire_88
Carney4ever
Chicketepee
crazy for alias
dandan
derevkointraining
Donniegirl
Emetib17
farliieansds225
fire*n*ice
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gtwallichs
hannahb
Jen-Jen
Julia47Thorne
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
Laura_vaughn
maddy28
MH55995
mnkdance963
oooRevesDouxooo
sabbiee_co
secret_agent_angel
Silvinha
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
Syd-157
Syd_ Vaughn

Syd_Vaughn4ever
Sydneymicheal
Sydneyv22
texasalias2004
tubby
tunita
undercoverphoenix47
vaughn4eva24
vaughnsgurl4lf

Aww they are soo cute!!!
-I can't wait to see how Syd deals with the drunk parents!!!! :woot:
-And oo Michigan winters do suck...but that also means more school days off...which I LOVE!!! :lol:
Great updates!! Thanks for the pm!!

NadiaSantosFan--I'm so sorry you haven't gotten a PM. I'm not sure what happened. Well, maybe when the power went off in my house and I was working in the document. Not sure. Anyway, I've readded you to the PM list.

NEXT UPDATE: Tomorrow afternoon

-erin :smiley:

Back