Season 5 Return of Danny?

Sorry, but ever since I read spoilers and articles from J.J. the question from alias fans once again has risen about whether Danny is dead or alive, and if he is bad or good. I think it would be neat if Danny was evil and alive, but then again would anybody ever die on Alias? So, I am kinda stuck on this question, but I want to lean towards yes.

What do you guys think? -_-

Love ya,

Penny :angelic:

You know what, no! It has been two seasons since Danny was killed. JJ would NOT bring him back!! It would be stupid and wrong and would really take away from the plot.

Your right, I think it would be stupid, and once again would bring me to the point that would anybody ever die on Alias, but it really would be a kick in the pants if he was alive. I mean I would love to see Sydney's reaction, and it would be neat if Danny had the brains to pull all of this off.

But then again that would be really far out, and probably unrealistic. I still don't know. There's so many good points on both sides.

Love ya,

Danny could be alive...but I don't think so. I mean, he's barely mentioned in season 2, and I don't remember them saying anything all about him thus far this season. Which isn't to say that he couldn't come back...but my money is on Bill Vaughn to rise from the "dead."

Interesting about the Bill Vaughn. Wouldn't that be so weird if Vaughn's dad was evil, and was working for Irina or Sloane. Dun, dun dun!

But to the comment where you said

I mean, he's barely mentioned in season 2, and I don't remember them saying anything all about him thus far this season.

They never mentioned that Francie would go bad, and then she was doubled. Plus, don't forget J.J. said in one article there are points in the show where you will say "I knew that was going to happen." (Like when Syd/Vaughn got together) and there will be points when your like "No way!" (Francie being doubled, and Sydney waking up in Hong Kong with two years gone by.)

I mean, you just don't know. If Danny were to have "survived" this would be a total "No way!" Not saying that I am begging for him to come back, but it is a possiblity. That very well could take the show into a new direction, plus that would change the whole show from a beginning.

I really have to stop talking now! -_- Just a thought don't kill me! :thinking:

Love ya,

my sister and I, after watching the pilot on my DVD last week! (yea!) thought that Danny being alive, and GOOD, not evil, would be a good solution to the Lauren vaughn "problem". I mean, Danny and Syd could be together for a while, so at least Syd has someone (right now she has NO ONE and that's pissing me off) and then vaughn's jealous would be enough to tide most shippers over, and then eventually danny could turn bad or something... don't know-- but i totally agree that his storyline was left WIDE open and I really hope they open it up. Anyone know what other projects the guy who played Danny has worked on?

boyscouttluvr47 said:
my sister and I, after watching the pilot on my DVD last week! (yea!) thought that Danny being alive, and GOOD, not evil, would be a good solution to the Lauren vaughn "problem". I mean, Danny and Syd could be together for a while, so at least Syd has someone (right now she has NO ONE and that's pissing me off) and then vaughn's jealous would be enough to tide most shippers over, and then eventually danny could turn bad or something... don't know-- but i totally agree that his storyline was left WIDE open and I really hope they open it up. Anyone know what other projects the guy who played Danny has worked on?
Yea, but that's playing with fire. Sydney had a lot of feeling for Danny. She just couldn't start to love him again, and then if Laruen broke up with Vaughn go back to him. That would be a very messy plot line, but would be really neat.

Love ya,

i know it would be a little soap-operaish.... but i kind of like the idea.... what if he was bad all along and he didnt know syd was a agent, so he would have had to fake his death to not hurt her or something like that

If they made Danny come back or some way...or make him the head of the convenant, lol..that would be amazing and an ultimate plot twist...but also very lame, because besides the real francy...almost every "Death" on Alias is fake...i mean, evil francie revives every friggin' time, lol...I don't think they should bring Danny back...even if it would be a cool plot twist..

I think just the fact that we're pondering the possibility means he's dead. A huge plot turn like this would not be one we'd expect. It isn't impossible, but JJ probably has better plot twists in mind, one's we'd never see coming.

I mean, he's barely mentioned in season 2, and I don't remember them saying anything all about him thus far this season.

OKAY!! Danny is DEAD!!! There are no IFs, ANDs, or BUTs about it! If the writers were to bring Danny back to the show, a good percentage of the viewers would have no idea who the heck he was! I mean, you all need to realize that everyone in these forums has got to be pretty obsessed with alias, but there are other people out there who aren't obsessed- and those people likely have not seen the pilot!!! and if you havn't seen the pilot, you do not know danny (sure you may have heard of him, but come on!)!! For the writers to bring back danny, they would be complicating the show and confusing a vast majority of the viewers (most people have not seen EVERY episode....especially if they started watching in season 2 or 3)! JJ Abrams has said that he is trying to simplify the show and make it easier for new viewers to watch, but by bringing danny back, he would be doing the antithesis of that! sorry, but there is NO WAY that danny is coming back!!

No offense, but I think that this is a stupid, crazy theory. I mean, what's the point in bringing Danny back?!? What purpose will it serve to the show - to show the viewers that people never die in the world of Alias?!? Come on! I absolutely, positively believe that the only reason Danny ever existed in this show was so Sydney would realize that she was "working for the very enemy she thought she was fighting" and nothing else.

Ok, Prophecy I do have to agree with you. I do think that bringing Danny back would be a very bad idea. I mean your right when the whole purpose of bring him on the show was for Sydney to realize that she was fighting for the enemy she thought she was fighting against. I think that it would be bad, becuase like you said, and I hve before it would mean that nobody ever dies, and even though this is Alias, someone has to die sooner or later.

But....

For some people who are hell bent on Danny coming back from the dead...I have to argue this point.

if you havn't seen the pilot, you do not know danny (sure you may have heard of him, but come on!)!! For the writers to bring back danny, they would be complicating the show and confusing a vast majority of the viewers (most people have not seen EVERY episode....especially if they started watching in season 2 or 3

Now, just becuase you haven't seen the "Pilot" from season 1, doesn't mean that you don't know who Danny is. Even if you just stummbled onto Alias on Season 2 or 3, you will still know who Danny is. You don't even have to be obsessed. J.J has made it clear who Danny was in like millions of espoides. I mean it's not like I wan Danny to come back or anything, but it's just a simple fact that the whole double agent thing started becuase Danny did die. It wont be forgotten. I just wanted to make that clear.

So I am going to have to say bringing Danny back would be way ridiclous, but for the people who believe he is some how coming back....good luck!

Love ya,

I mean your right when the whole purpose of bring him on the show was for Sydney to realize that she was fighting for the enemy she thought she was fighting against.

true... but what if she was also sleeping with the enemy? And Danny had a heart and staged his death so he wouldnt hurt Sydney when she found out he was evil. I think he really did find out Syd was an agent in that shower thing, and realized he couldnt hurt her.

OR

what if Danny really is dead? What if, tho, he worked for the CIA (the real CIA) and was sent to spy on Syd, who was SD-6? What if this information (that he was CIA) showed up when Sloan did a backround check on Danny before having him killed, and thought Syd could not be this close to CIA, so that is the reason he had Danny killed.

i dunno........ excessive rambling.

Back