Save Me

Awwwwww.......that was sooooooo great!!!!! I love how great his family was to her. So sweet! I can't wait till the next chapter! Thanks for the PM!
Lindsay :angelic:

“Well, tonight is the four month anniversary since our first date so I figured that we’d do something special.” He smiled. 

“Four months, huh?” She giggled as he tapped her nose gently with the rose when she took it from him. 

“Yes.” He smiled.  “Four months since I fell in love with that wonderful laugh of yours.”

:love:

“Oh my god!” Sydney was laughing so hard she could barely stand up straight.  “Did you see the look on that lady’s face when that waiter dumped the whole pie on her?!”

“Yes.” Michael laughed as well.  “I think I actually saw smoke coming from her ears she was so furious.”

“I know.  Oh my god I don’t think I’ve had so much fun at a restaurant in a long time.” She said as she tried to catch her breath and wipe the tears from her eyes.  “Damn I can’t see.” She said as she fumbled with her keys. 

lmao a whole pie?

“No... I just... sometimes I have dreams...”

“What kind of dreams?” he asked cautiously. 

“Sometimes... its flashbacks to their deaths... but this one... this... it....” She said as she continued to sob harder. 

“Shh baby it’s ok.” He said soothingly as he stroked her arms and back. 

“You were dead.” She blurted out.  “You died... you were gone and I ... I was...”

“Shh, shh its ok Syd.  I’m here, I’m not going anywhere.” He told her. 

“I know but...” She whimpered.

“No buts.” He said as he pulled her tightly up against his body and held her until she fell asleep. 

aww poor syd :(

It was only a few minutes before they all sat down at a large picnic table and began to pass around burgers and hot dogs. 
“So it’s been a while since our little Mikey’s brought home a girl... how long was it?  Four years?”  Todd, his oldest brother said.

“Yeah that ugly chick, what was her name?” Adam asked. 

“She wasn’t ugly, just different.” Becky tried to defend her.

“Yeah because having a second nose on the side of your face is ‘just different’.” Todd snorted.  Becky smacked her husband’s shoulder and he whined. 

“They’re kidding.” Michael told Sydney, who was looking rather horrified.  “They like to pick on me because I’m the youngest.”  Sydney smiled and nodded knowingly. 

“Aww we don’t pick on you Mikey.” Steve said.  Michael glared at his brother.  “Ok, we do, but we only do it because we care.” He grinned. 

LMAO a second nose

“Hey you guys remember that time Mom and Dad were having that patio party and we made Mikey-”

“NO! Not that story!” Michael cut him off. 

“What happened?” Sydney encouraged.  Michael looked humiliated and just stared down at his plate. 

“Well,” Brian began.  “I was bout ten and Todd was twelve but Mikey was only... what was he?”

“Four.” Their mother chimed in.

“Right four.” Brian continued.  “And Mom and Dad were having this big patio party with all their friends from work and it was this really hot summer day and we were all bored and stuff so Mom said we could play with the hose as long as we stayed in the front yard away from all the guests.”

“So we all changed into our bathing suits and none of us really wanted to play with Mikey but Mom said we had to.” Todd said in an annoyed tone.  Everyone laughed slightly.  “So Brian and I got this idea that we’d talk Mike into taking off his swimming trunks and running through the back yard where all the guests were by bribing him with candy.” Todd said as he began to laugh. 

“So he did it.” Brian laughed.  “And he climbed up on the picnic table, totally naked and-”

“STOP!” Michael hissed. 

POOR MICHAEL LMAO

“So Mike, what’s with you and this chick?” Steve asked.

“What do you mean?” Michael asked.

“Oh come on.  How long have you been with her?” Brian asked.

“Four months.” He said.  “She’s just...”

“Ah I know that look.” Todd smiled.  “Our wittle Mikey’s in wub.”

“Shut up Todd.” Michael said as he passed his brother the ball rather violently. 

“Oh my god he is!” Adam exclaimed.  “Awwww.”

“Stop it.” Michael hissed. 

“No, we’re sorry.  It’s good Mike, really good.” Brian smiled. 

:love:

“Yep... we’re all going to be married now... well except Brian.” Todd smirked.

“Shut up ***hole and keep playing.” Brian grunted.

LMFAO

awesome chapter ;)
that was sooo cute when they told stories hahah i loved it

Aww sooo cute!

“Well, tonight is the four month anniversary since our first date so I figured that we’d do something special.” He smiled. 

“Four months, huh?” She giggled as he tapped her nose gently with the rose when she took it from him. 

“Yes.” He smiled.  “Four months since I fell in love with that wonderful laugh of yours.”

I love Vaughn!!!!!

“Yeah because having a second nose on the side of your face is ‘just different’.” Todd snorted.  Becky smacked her husband’s shoulder and he whined. 

“They’re kidding.” Michael told Sydney, who was looking rather horrified.  “They like to pick on me because I’m the youngest.”  Sydney smiled and nodded knowingly. 

“Aww we don’t pick on you Mikey.” Steve said.  Michael glared at his brother.  “Ok, we do, but we only do it because we care.” He grinned. 

AWW!! poor sydney for being ..horrified and Vaughn!!! haha.

THANKS FOR THE PM!!

It's great that Sydney had a good time with Michael's family. And being with a large group wasn't as difficult for her as she expected. Of course, it helped that everyone was so accepting of her.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I come back from a 3 day vacation and Save me has been saved! Ahhh, and she met his family and he has a gay brother. I am utterly in love with that last chap and the entire fic for a matter a fact. This just happens to be my current favorite in fanfic land! woot woot!

thanks so much for the pm and I cannot believe it is almost over.arrghh.

poor Sydney she has had such an insanely difficult life. :cry:

-kait
</span>

Hehe, loved the childhood story!!! Aww, poor Syd, she doesn't have any fam to talk about. So sad :cry: Thankyou for the PM! Great update!!!!

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

His family seemed cool...glad she got to meet them
But it must make her miss her family more
Loved the little Mikey story

Great update!!!

Awwww that chapter was AMAZInG! ^_^

“Oh come on. How long have you been with her?” Brian asked.

“Four months.” He said. “She’s just...”

“Ah I know that look.” Todd smiled. “Our wittle Mikey’s in wub.”

“Shut up Todd.” Michael said as he passed his brother the ball rather violently.

“Oh my god he is!” Adam exclaimed. “Awwww.”

“Stop it.” Michael hissed.

“No, we’re sorry. It’s good Mike, really good.” Brian smiled.

“Yep... we’re all going to be married now... well except Brian.” Todd smirked.

“Shut up ***hole and keep playing.” Brian grunted.
BAHAHAHAHAH :D loved it

AwEsOmNeSs

Aly xx :angelnot:

awww Janet yay!! I had to read this fic again too!! its soo good!!! and after rereading MH last night I needed something happier! *runs off to RF to finish reading save me!*

oh shucks :blush: that was such an awesome chapter, it was soo long! i loooove long ones! michaels family are hysterical! i hope they're in the story again! thanks for the pm!

awwwwwww i love brothers *sigh* they're always there to tease you, make fun of you but in the end, they're the ones who probably you can talk to the best to than anyone in your life... well that's how it is with me

why am i being soppy? i just listened to the whole titanic soundtrack :rolleyes: lol...

awww that was really cute janet :love: i'm so glad that she fits in with his family

luv juju :harp:

omgosh i just caught up with a heap of chappie
poor syd,
her whole family died
thats sooo sad
:cry:

michael has the best family though
lol
:D

great chappies
thanks for the pm
update again soon
i cant wait for more

please remember not to double post. use the edit button to add to your response

Chapter 10
In the next two months Sydney and Michael rarely spent a night apart though they had yet to cross that physical barrier of their relationship. Mostly they spent the night at Sydney’s place but occasionally it was at Michael’s. By the time their six month anniversary came around, Michael had practically moved in. He kept clothes in her closet, a razor and toothbrush in her bathroom and random sports magazines were scattered around her apartment. Sydney loved every minute of it.

She loved watching him shave from her warm comfy, spot in bed. She loved that the clothes hanging right next to his in the closet had taken on the smell of his cologne. She loved that he made her coffee every morning and when she was in the shower he’d sneak a cup onto the bathroom counter so she could have some when she got out. She had never asked him to do this, he just did it all on his own. She loved the mock-annoyed expression he got on his face when she stole one of his shirts to wear to bed. She loved the way his arms felt when they were around her and she loved the way their hands fit perfectly together.

Even though it had only been six months she was already picturing forever with him and that didn’t scare her one bit. It was one evening that she was flipping through the TV channels while Michael was working late when she came across a special on wedding gowns. She found herself musing about what she would look like in a few of the gowns but then she caught herself. She didn’t catch herself because she was afraid though, but because she was content and couldn’t have been happier with her life in that moment. She wondered how she could have been so naïve when thinking she could be alone forever, because she knew that she couldn’t live her life without Michael. She didn’t even want to think about it. It was then that she knew she was ready to take the next step in being with him.

So, she planned it all out, a very special six month anniversary dinner. She would be cooking it herself as well as preparing her apartment for a romantic evening so she kicked Michael out for the afternoon which he complained about but agreed to after she promised to make it up to him. She made their meal, set the table with candles and flowers. The final touch was a romantic CD and a sexy red halter dress she had bought special.

“Honey, I’m home.” Michael teased when he came through the door at six which was Sydney’s designated return time for him. “Whoa...” he gasped when he saw the romantic setting of the apartment.

“Happy anniversary.” Sydney smiled.

Michael’s eyes grew wide when he saw her. “You look so beautiful.”

“Thanks.” She giggled. “Sit down... relax... dinner will be ready in just a second.” She smiled.

“Ok this food was too good. You have been hiding these cooking talents from me; I’m insulted.” He grinned.

“Trust me, this is a one of a kind dish.” She smiled.

“Well it was fantastic, thank you.” He smiled.

“I got you something...” She said cautiously.

“You didn’t have to do that.” He shook his head.

“I know but I wanted to.” She said. “I’ll just go get it... give me a sec.”

“Take your time.” He smiled as he watched her disappear into her bedroom. He took that opportunity to clear their dinner plates and put the remaining food into the refrigerator so it wouldn’t spoil.

“Michael.” He heard softly. He turned around slowly and his jaw crashed open at what he saw. Sydney was standing in her bedroom doorway looking as though she had stepped out of a Victoria’s Secret catalogue from the clothes she was wearing. Michael was speechless.

“Do you like it?” She asked rather self consciously. Still, Michael had no words but he managed to take a few steps forward. “What’s wrong?”

“Surprised.” He croaked finally. Then he swallowed a few times, trying to regain the ability to speak. “You look... wow.” He said. Her lips curled up in a smile as she reached for his hand and pulled him towards her. “Syd.... are you sure?”

“Very sure.” She whispered as she pulled him into a kiss.

~*~

“Well, you know, this was a very good gift.” Michael grinned mischievously as he admired the red ball of lace that lay discarded at the foot of the bed.

“I’m glad you liked it.” Sydney giggled as she snuggled closer to him.

He sighed contently as he pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her. “You happy, Syd?”

“I’ve never been this happy in my life.” She sighed.

“Me too.” He smiled at her.

“Oh hey are you hungry still? There is dessert...” She said.

“Really?” he smiled wickedly. “I thought we already had it.”

“Michael.” She giggled. “No I made cake.”

“Cake? What kind of cake?” He asked.

“Lemon... your favorite.” She tempted.

“You know I could eat some cake.” He smiled as he began to reach for his boxers but she snatched them from him. “Hey...” He whined.

“Nope, mine.” She grinned.

“Fine. I’ll just eat my cake naked then.” He smiled. She laughed but then ‘boo-ed’ him when he retrieved another pair of boxers from the drawer. She followed him out into the kitchen and helped him cut the cake. They sat on the couch with their legs intertwined as they ate.

“Michael I never thanked you...”

“For what?” He asked curiously.

“Saving me.” She smiled. He smiled back at her and stroked her cheek with his thumb. “Really Michael, thank you. I don’t know how to thank you enough for what you’ve done for me...” She sighed.

He smiled softly as he set his plate down and took one of her hands. “You could... marry me.” He suggested. She gasped and shock was written all over her face. Michael took a deep breath and began the speech he had been practicing in his mind for days. “Syd... I know its only been six months but... I love you so much and I need to be with you. We can wait as long as you want to get married but I just....”

He didn’t get to finish because Sydney’s lips crashing into his cut off his speech. “Yes, yes, yes.” She repeated as she showered him in kisses.

“Yes?”

“Yes!” She giggled as she jumped into his lap and kiss him once more.

“Thanks great because... I got you something too.” He smiled as he slid her off his lap, went to his jacket pocket, retrieved a box and handed it to her.

“It’s a ring.” She gasped when she opened it. He slid it on her finger; a perfect fit. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too, forever.”

Epilogue
It was another Vaughn family get-together just like all the others. All the brothers were teasing each other and telling less than flattering childhood stories. All the wives were chatting together and the grandparents were playing with their grandchildren. This time they were all gathered at Michael’s new house celebrating the family move.

Sydney was walking around with her 18 month old daughter Amanda on her hip, trying to get her twin nephews not to destroy the house. “No Matthew put that down!” She scolded as she tried to pry a picture frame from his grasp.

“Oh Sydney I’m so sorry.” Beth said when she came in carrying her own infant daughter. “Matthew what did I tell you before we left hmm? I told you not to touch anything in Aunt Sydney’s house.”

“It’s alright.” Sydney sighed. “Let’s just all go outside.” Sydney hugged Amanda tightly as she dogged some running toddlers on her way out to the back yard. She heard Amanda giggled and looked down to see her gorgeous dimpled smile and beautiful green eyes that warmed her heart every time she saw them. She kissed her daughter’s forehead and then walked over to the picnic table and sat down, trying to get her to eat since she had been uninterested earlier.

“Hey baby.” Michael grinned as he sat down next to his wife. “Or should I say babies.” He grinned as he kissed both his wife and daughter.

“Hey are you guys gonna try out the new basketball net soon?” Sydney asked.

“Yep in a few minutes.” He said as he grabbed some vegetables off Sydney’s plate. “Are you feeling alright? You seem quiet today.”

“Oh no I guess I’m just... tried or something.” She sighed.

“Syd.” He said calling her attention. She just smiled at him and looked down at their daughter. “Is there something you’re not telling me?” He asked suspiciously.

“Well... I just found out this morning... I was going to wait until tonight to tell you but-”

“You’re pregnant?!” He interrupted hopefully. She giggled and nodded her head. Immediately Michael showered her in kisses and hugged her tightly.

“Daddy!” Amanda whined since he was almost smashing her.

“Sorry baby Daddy’s just excited.” He said as he pulled her into her lap and began to tickle her. She giggled wildly. “I love you so much.”

“I know, I love you too.” She smiled.

“Mikey come on! Quit making out with your wife and play!” His brother Adam called.

“We’ll celebrate later.” Sydney winked at him.

“Okay.” He smiled as he kissed her once more before joining his brothers.

Sydney sighed contently as she pulled Amanda back into her lap and ran her fingers through her daughter’s brown hair. She looked out across the yard and saw the family that had become hers over the five years since she and Michael had been together.

She had been the orphaned girl with no family and no one to love but now, she had more family than she knew what to do with and more love than she ever thought possible.

~The End~

A/N: thanks for reading guys :smiley: and as always thanks to my betas Amy, Cathy, Louise, Katy :hug:

PM LIST
luckylass
SydVaughn1001
sydney_alias_vaughn
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
luckylass
gregstar
sydneymicheal
syd26
alias=mylife26
ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
broe4ever929