Second Chance

Hi Ali, make sure you send me chappy 8 - the corrected to proof read! Love you... cant wait for update.

mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry it took so long to update my room, computer and internet have been taken over my my little brother. I have now finally got it back though! :D

And before I forget I have to thank Katie, my college friend for helping with this chapter. I had a case of writers block, so thanks honey. :hug:

Mel, still haven't finished re-writing the next chapter when it is finished you can have a lok at it which I hope will be later tonight!

Now on with the next chapter.

Chapter 7

As rain lashed down the window pane, Sydney shuddered, thinking about what might happen if she didn’t do what the letter said. Weiss was in moral danger and it was now up to her to save him.

“Have you shown this to Dixon?”

“Um…… Well no. I mean I just got it and I thought I’d show you. But maybe I should show it to him now.”

“NO don’t do that.” Sydney said in a slightly raised voice. “Do you mind if we just keep this between the three of us?” Vaughn just stared at her. He knew exactly what she was planning.

“Sydney! No. You can’t do this alone. We need the CIA’s help on this and you know it. There is no way we can get Lauren’s body without their approval and it’s too dangerous for you to go in alone. I won’t let you.” Sydney knew the only reason he was saying this was to protect her and deep down she knew he was right. She couldn’t do it alone, but she didn’t want to be another botched CIA job.

“Ok.” She turned to Marshall and handed him back the message. “Show this to Dixon and tell him we will be waiting in briefing room.”

--------------------------------------------

“We have just received a demand from Sark. He wants Sydney to deliver Lauren’s body to him in Stockholm tomorrow. This doesn’t give us mush time to formulate a plan. Has anyone got any suggestions?”

“I have one.” Vaughn told him. “There is no way we can give them her body, so we have to find Eric first.”

“Agent Vaughn do I have to remind you have no intel on this what so ever and to find where they have Agent Weiss and plan a rescue mission in less than 36 hours is almost impossible.”

“Yes. I understand that Jack but I will not let that man have her!”

“Vaughn what is that worst thing that could happen?”

That’s exactly my point we don’t know what he is planning to do! Lauren could be the key to their operation.”

“But Vaughn she’s dead. It’s not like she can talk to them from beyond the grave.”

“I have a suggestion.” Marshall said quietly trying not to get involved in the fighting.

“What is it Marshall?” Jack asked in a rather annoyed tine.

“Well…It’s just we could…well I could track where the email originated from using this tracking gizmo I invented. It’s rather clever really it reads…

“Marshal!” Jack shouted.

“Sorry. Well I could, maybe find out where Agent Weiss is being held.”

“See there was go! We can go in and rescue him.” Vaughn said, very smug with himself.

“We could, but I have a better idea. Sydney you will go and meet Sark in Stockholm, while we send in a tactical team in to get Weiss. This way we capture all three of them and save Weiss in the process.”

They all seemed happy with this plan except Vaughn. When it came to Lauren, it was a very sore subject with him. Not only had she betrayed him, but the CIA too. She was a traitor and used him to gather intelligence from the CIA. He hated her and what she had done; no, he despised her. She had taken advantage of him while he was grieving for Sydney and when Sydney returned she was the reason they couldn’t be together. She was an evil woman who had been a plague on his life for the past three years and now she was finally dead he wanted her to be put to rest and completely out of his life. Obviously though she couldn’t be buried, she was being held in a high security CIA building for the safety of nation security reasons. He felt it best not to voice his opinion though as he knew Jack would just shut him down.

“Well you all leave in 3 hours.” Dixon said. “You will be briefed on route.”

---------------------------------------------------------

The next evening in Copenhagen, Nadia was had come in to the warehouse to ‘watch’ over Eric.

She walked over to the guards and asked if they would mind standing outside for a while. Of course they complied with her orders.

“Ok Eric so hear is the plan.” She said as she slipped him a pen knife.

“What? What are you doing?” He asked. He had no idea what this girl was doing. Was she trying to release him? Or moving him to kill him? He was unsure but he didn’t get the impression she was going to harm him.

“I’m trying to save you. Now shut up and listen.” She said. Eric kept his mouth firmly closed but began to cut through the rope that was holding him to the chair. “The only guards are the ones at the door to this warehouse. Sloane’s in a hotel nearby, but by the time he realises what is happening he won’t be able to do anything.”

“What about Sark and Irina?”

“They are in Stockholm meeting some business partners or something.” Eric nodded.

“But why are you doing this? I mean you don’t even know me. Why would you go against your parents and save someone you don’t even know?”

“I…I can’t take it anymore. I don’t want to be on the run all my life. Parents are supposed to look after you and protect you, not hurt you and try to take over the world. You are supposed to be their world!” Nadia stopped, but Weiss just sat quietly feeling that there was something else she wanted to say. “I just don’t want to turn out like them. I want to be good and the only I know to do that is to get out of this now. Eric you seem like a nice guy and I know they say danger comes with the job, but it shouldn’t. People shouldn’t have to worry about being kidnapped by terrorists.”

“Nadia…” He said as he saw tears forming in the corner of her eyes. He reached out his now free hand to touch her shoulder.

“No. I’m ok.” She said as she wiped her eyes.

“Let’s get out of here. Then maybe you could become one of the good guys. I know Syd would definitely want to see you. She’ll make sure your ok and you know…you’ve got me.”

“Thanks.” They gazed at each other and then headed for the door as Nadia pulled her gun out of her pocket.

Love it... love it... love it! Sci, havent heard from you in a while! Hope you're :baa: ck soon... hehehehe.

CHappy's great hun, keep on going!

Kisses xxxxxx

Thanx for all your comments guys. They mean alot. :D
broe4ever929 and AliasChica316 your added to the pm list.

Pm List
Scialet
Tinker
sab-alias
dreamer920
SarahBear
Angel
Vaughnshoney
Brinne
Luckylass
Aliasmaniac7723
~VartansGirl~
vaughnlover22
broe4ever929
AliasChica316

Ok guys here is a new update.
I'm not really sure about this chapter, but please read and review and tell me what you think. :smiley:

Chapter 8

Stockholm – 5.57 pm

Sydney had arrived at the specified meaning place detailed by a second email message that they receive while on route to Stockholm. She was sitting on a bench in a park. It was still light and she could see children playing football on the grass. I wonder what people would think if they knew terrorism was going on all around them.

Sydney continued to scan the park for Sark, but there was no sign of him. She started to think he wasn’t going to show and then she heard footsteps coming up behind her.

“I thought you weren’t coming.” She said as the steps grew louder. Sark didn’t reply, so Sydney turned around. She was shocked at who she saw.

“Hello Sydney.” Sydney’s jaw dropped. She couldn’t believe who was standing in front of her.

“Mom!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Copenhagen, the tactical team were moving in to position.

Vaughn went in to see how many guards they were dealing with and any exit points from the warehouse. To his dismay he saw two guards at the entrance to the warehouse had been killed. Oh my god. This isn’t good!

Vaughn continued to move nearer to the warehouse, right up to the one and only entrance into the building. He heard people moving inside and gestured for the team to move closer to the building. He heard them moving to the door as he pulled out his gun.

“Don’t move” He threatened them. Then he suddenly realised who it was. It was Eric.

“Ok mate. No need to shoot me I’m sure I didn’t do anything bad enough for you to want me dead!” He said with a little laugh.

“O sorry Eric. I didn’t realise it was you. Anyway what are you guys doing?”

“We could ask you the same thing?” Weiss replied.

“We were just coming to rescue you. How did you get free?”

“Nadia here! She saved me.”

“Well there will be time to talk on the plane. Come on.” Vaughn said as he stared to move away from the warehouse.

“Nadia, you coming?” Eric asked as she hadn’t moved.

“Yeah. I’m just…you know. I’m just thinking I will never see my family again.”

“Oh…don’t worry I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of them yet. You know you always have Sydney and you always have me.” He said as he led her away.

---------------------------------------------
“I have missed you Sydney.”

“What are you doing here?”

“I am here to retrieve Lauren Reed’s body.”

“Where is Sark?”

“Sark is busy and I wanted to see my daughter again, so if you want to see Eric again you will do as I say.”

“Lauren is in the boot of that car.” She point a car parked in the car park.

“Very good Sydney.” She said as she walked over to the car as Sydney followed her, so the could communicate with Dixon. They were planning to apprehend Sark not Irina, but she would probably be more useful to them considering her past. Sydney opened the boot to the car to reveal Lauren’s body.

“Well done Sydney I see you still follow orders well.” Sydney just scowled at her. They had to bring Lauren’s body so Irina could give the order to release Weiss in case the extraction team failed.

“Now release Eric Weiss.”

“Very well.” Irina got out her phone and called Sloane to release Weiss. “It’s done.”

“Good.” Sydney replied. Just then Dixon came up to Irina and held a gun to her head. “See it’s always good to have a back up.”

“Isn’t it!” Irina said as someone began shooting at them and a fight broke out. Unfortunately Irina was a lot quicker than either of the CIA agents and knocked Dixon out cold. She managed to get the keys off of Sydney and her to the ground in one move. She ran into the car and drove away. It was the second time she had gotten away from them in three days! But this time it was worse as she now had Lauren Reed’s body.

NEXT CHAPTER

NEXT CHAPTER

NEXT CHAPTER

NEXT CHAPTER

NEXT CHAPTER

NEXT CHAPTER

NEXT CHAPTER...

No seriously can you post the next 4 chapters together! Am loving it soooooo much...

Keep me updated!

Back