Second Chance

As you asked so nicely Mel and you have your injections this afternoon, here's the next chapter, but I'm not osting the next four a I haven't written the next four yet (only 3!). You will just have to wait for me to post them. ^_^
Thanx for all your reviews. :hug:

Chapter 9

Back in LA, Sydney had just stepped off her plane as she saw Michael running towards her.

“Are you ok?” He asked her as he wrapped his arms around her to embrace her tightly.

“I’m fine. What’s up?” he stared lovingly into her eyes and she could se how worried her had been for her.

“I heard what happened in Stockholm with your mom and I was worried about you.”

“Awww Vaughn” She said as she fell into his arms and kissed him.

“But honestly, I’m fine and now you saved Eric he’s fine and it’s all over.”

“Sydney didn’t you hear?”

“Hear what?” There was a little worry in her voice.

“We didn’t rescue Eric. Nadia did.”

“What Nadia’s back?”

“Yes and she wants to see you.”

------------------------------------------------------

Sydney and Vaughn walked into the rotunda an hour after Sydney’s plane had landed. Vaughn had been busy showing Sydney how much he had missed her. ;)

Everyone was celebrating the return home of Eric. They had been so worried when he had been captured and were now just relieved that he was home. As soon as Eric saw them he quickly excused himself and went over to speak to them.

“Hi Eric. How you feeling?” Sydney asked, even though he was safe she was still worried if he was ok.

“I’m fine Sydney really. I had someone to watch over me while I was captured.” He said as a tiny smile crossed his face.

“I heard.”

“Sydney…She really wants to talk to you.”

“I know Eric, but she is one of the people who took you captive! Just remember that.”

“Look Sydney, she had no idea what they were doing and when she did, she devised a plan to save me and her in the process. She’s not a bad person and I think you know that. She just wanted her family around her. She’s never had that and as you know they aren’t exactly the most trustworthy or good people in the world.”

“How do you know all of this?”

“Well three days was enough time for me to get to know her. She isn’t all bad Sydney. All she wants to do now is help.” He said as he felt his face redden. Both Vaughn and Sydney noticed this but chose not to mention it and embarrass him.

A moment of silence past until Sydney asked. “So where is she?”

“She’s in Dixon’s office.” Sydney walked away and into Dixon’s office while Vaughn stayed and continued to talk to Eric.

“So really what did happen?”

“I told you. They tried to get information from me to hack into the server, but I have no idea why. I mean I can’t see what they would have to gain from it.”

“Well in exchange for you they wanted…” Vaughn could hardly bare to say her name let alone think about her again. It tore him apart what had happened when they he married Lauren and Sydney had reappeared. “Lauren.

“But Lauren’s dead!”

“Thanks Mr Obvious. But they still wanted her body. We had it medically checked and everything, but they all drew a blank as to why they would want her back.”

“What so you just gave her to them?” He said as he raised his eye brows. “Doesn’t that sound a little stupid?”

“Well we had to make sure you would be safe. If it was anyone else Eric, trust me we wouldn’t have gone through with it.”

“Thanks man.”

-------------------------------------------

There was a knock at Dixon’s door.

“Come in.” He shouted as the door creaked open and Sydney appeared. “Oh Sydney please come sit down. Sydney did as she was told and sat down on the chair next to Nadia, not looking her in the eye.

Sydney loved her sister and ever since she had found out she existed she had wanted to protect her. She wanted to keep her safe, but then she went off with Sloane; one of the people she hated most in the world. She felt betrayed by her for that, but that was becoming a family trait. Everyone seemed to be betraying everyone else in this screwed up family. Sydney just didn’t know how to trust her after all of this. How did she know that Nadia wasn’t playing her and the CIA? How did she know she wasn’t trying to infiltrate the CIA just to get intel like her mother had years before? More than anything she wanted to trust Nadia, but for some reason she couldn’t. Only time would tell of her real intentions.

WOW! This is great!! Love it!!

I don't think Nadia is trying to trick the CIA :nonono:

The Syd Vaughn fluff is so cute! I hope there is more in the next chapters!!

Please PM me if you update!!

Such an awesome fic!! Please post more soon!! :D

xo laur :Prop:

Ok fine then I will.
I'm busy writing the another chapter so stop annoying me!! :P

And Laur you're added to the pm list.
Pm List
Scialet
Tinker
sab-alias
dreamer920
SarahBear
Angel
Vaughnshoney
Brinne
Luckylass
Aliasmaniac7723
~VartansGirl~
vaughnlover22
broe4ever929
AliasChica316
LaurenRachael

i want you to write ....... Mel, no one can ever replace yo once we;ve seperated on that long journey called life! Just promise me that when u leave me... what we have will never go away... I love you hunny!

*cry*

Awww poor Mel. Of course I love you! :hug:
I even dedicated the fic to you!!!
But as I'm in the process of writing the next chapter at your request and as I send them to you in advance, I think you should be happy!
You don't even post your comments on the fic anymore!!!! :cry:
And for all the rest of my readers here's a little spoiler
Chapter 11 is an evil little chapter and I apologise a couple of chapters in advance. Please don't hate me! (n)

Alias_rocks_87 said:
Awww poor Mel. Of course I love you! :hug:
I even dedicated the fic to you!!!
But as I'm in the process of writing the next chapter at your request and as I send them to you in advance, I think you should be happy!
You don't even post your comments on the fic anymore!!!! :cry:
And for all the rest of my readers here's a little spoiler
Chapter 11 is an evil little chapter and I apologise a couple of chapters in advance. Please don't hate me!  (n)
[post="1326424"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Hello everyone.
Thanx for all your reviews. :hug:
Here's the next chapter.
Please R/R

Chapter 10

Once Sloane, Irina and Sark were in possession of Lauren Reed’s body they moved to Venice and a special medical centre that Sloane had previous connections with through his work for Omifam. From their connections with the Covenant before its demise Sloane had been able to obtain a vile of Rambaldi solution. This solution had great power it could bring people back to life.

It had been done before of course, Alison Doreen had been brought back to life with this magical elixir, but she was not long dead when it was used on her. Lauren had been dead for almost a month and there was no guarantee of success, but it was worth a try. After all Lauren had something that they all needed. The information she had gathered before her death was crucial to their operation. It was crucial to their Rambaldi search.

A couple of days after their arrival the procedure was performed. She was injected with the solution, but nothing happened. No signs of life. None at all. The three of them just stood there in complete shock. It should have worked but for some reason it hadn’t. They all wondered why but none of them had the answers.

“Goodbye, my love.” Sark said as he came up to Lauren and kissed her fore head then he went to pull the sheet back over her lifeless body. Just then he felt someone grab his arm. It was Lauren!!! She gasped for breath. Sark sat on the edge of the bed and pulled her up into a sitting position leaning her against him.

Lauren struggled for her breathe for another couple of minutes before she could breath easily. She slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Sark. She was alive AGAIN.

--------------------------------------

Sydney had left the office shortly after her meeting with Dixon and Nadia. She went straight home and she needed to clear her head, so decided to go for a run. As she ran through the park her mind went over what had happened in the Dixon’s office.

*FLASHBACK*

“Come in.” He shouted as the door creaked open and Sydney appeared. “Oh Sydney please come sit down. Sydney did as she was told and sat down on the chair next to Nadia, not looking her in the eye. Dixon continued even though he noticed the awkwardness. “As you may know, Sydney, Nadia saved Eric in Copenhagen and has agreed to co-operate with the CIA.”

“Well isn’t that just great?” She said in a sarcastic tone. “Yet another terrorist pretending to be good so they can steal information from this dumb government.”

“Sydney! How could you think that of me?”

“Well let me think. You left with Sloane of all people and then you kidnap Agent Weiss not only a member of the CIA but one of my friends and then you bring him back and expect us to trust you! That’s how.” This almost had Nadia in tears she couldn’t believe Sydney was being so mean.

“I didn’t kidnap Eric. I didn’t even know what they were planning I swear. When I found out I saved him and now I’m here giving the CIA information on Sark, Sloane and Irina. I only wanted to help.”

“Whatever. Can I go now?” Sydney asked and before Dixon could answer she had already got out of her seat and was opening the door.

*END FLASHBACK*

Sydney did feel guilty she had been so mean to Nadia. It wasn’t in her nature to be like that, but she needed to protect herself from getting hurt again from her family. They had caused her so much pain, she didn’t know if Nadia would be any different. More than anything Sydney wanted to believe what Nadia had said. Maybe I should just let it go and give her a chance.

Without realising it she had been running for two hours and had ended up outside Vaughn’s house. She had no idea how she had ended up here, but she knew there was a reason. She needed someone right now; just someone to hold her and comfort her. She went up to Vaughn’s door and was just about to knock when the door swung open.

“I saw you standing outside my door and you looked a little lost so thought I would see what’s up.” He told her in his usual caring voice. She just walked up to him and embraced him.

---------------------------------------------

It was 11pm and Weiss heard a sudden knock on the door. He wasn’t expecting anyone and was surprised to see Nadia at his door. There were tears streaming down her face and she looked very distraught.

“Come in.” Eric said, concerned as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and ushered her into his home. He took her coat and hung it up as they moved into the living room.

“I’m sorry. I just…I didn’t know who else to turn to.” She sobbed. Eric sat her down on the couch and sat beside her waiting for her to continue. “It’s just Sydney hates me!”

“Nadia.” He said pulling her face so she was looking him in the eye. He wiped away her tears with his hand before continuing. “She doesn’t hate. She just doesn’t know you. She doesn’t know if she can trust you and considering her history with her family betrayals it is very hard for her to trust anyone at all.”

“She thinks I’m evil and I’m still working with them.”

“No she doesn’t and anyway you’re a good could soul Nadia. I can tell.”

“How?”

“I can see it in you eyes.” There was a moment of silence as they stared deeply into each other’s eyes. Eric moved closer to Nadia.

“I have to get going.” Nadia said quickly as she got up grasped her coat and made her way towards the door.

“Nadia, wait!” Eric said, but it was no use Nadia had already gone. You fool. What do you think you were doing?! She’s vulnerable right now and you’re making a move on her! What the hell am I doing?

-------------------------------------------------------

Little did any of the CIA team know that tomorrow would bring even worse news and an even worse fate for all involved.

Back