Secrets and Deception

damn and here i was thinking she might reveal something!!
everytime we get closer to the truth more questions and
more problems get in the road.
can't wait for more

lookie here may! an updaters.. hardy har har!!

^ignore me please.

~Chapter 9~

“Cause I like you too!” Sydney now sounded slightly desperate, unable to handle the situation.

“I don’t understand.” Michael looked at her irritated. He couldn’t figure her out. One minute she was open with him and the next she pulled away and was distant.

“What’s there not to understand?” Sydney sighed heavily.

“That’s not what I meant. I don’t understand why you can’t tell me what's wrong, because liking me is not a reason to hide it. It’s more the contrary.” Michael tried to explain.

“You wouldn’t understand.” Sydney looked at her hands, nervously playing with them. She knew he wouldn’t understand. He didn’t have the same background, didn’t live the same life so there was no way he possibly could.

“Try me.” Michael replied challenging.

Sydney sighed again, “I already told you it’s complicated and I don’t want to talk about it.”

“This really doesn’t go anywhere. All we do is going round and round in circles.” Michael stood up and walked to the door, hoping she would say anything to hold him back.

“And of course that’s my fault, right?” Sydney exclaimed angrily.

“Well, I don’t know what else I can do so that you will open up and talk to me.” Michael replied, turning around.

“Maybe you could stop pushing for starters and stop asking about my past. If I wanted to tell you, I would but at the moment that’s not an option.” Sydney looked right at him. She hoped he would finally accept it.

“So we just go on fooling ourselves? To be together requires trust and obviously you don’t trust me.” Michael said. He knew he sounded bitter but at the moment he didn’t care.

“God, we’ve known each other for… what… three weeks now, maybe I’m not ready to talk about my life yet, maybe I need more time.” Sydney snapped at him, “And who said we are together anyway?”

The moment she said that she wished she hadn’t. It had just slipped; it wasn’t something she had wanted to say. She kicked herself mentally, now she had finally screwed up everything. How many times could she hurt him before he eventually got sick of her? Well, she didn’t have to worry about that now, she seemed to have managed to loose him.

She looked at him and saw his hurt expression. She knew it had only been a matter of time before he would realize that he didn’t want to be together with her.

“I’m sorry, I... I didn’t mean it that way.” Sydney tried to apologize.

“No, I think you did.” He looked at her sadly, “I better go now.”

“No, please!” Sydney said desperately, not wanting him to leave, “Michael, please.”

Michael sighed and put his hand on the doorknob. But somehow he couldn’t get himself to leave. Maybe it was the way her voice sounded. She really seemed to want him to stay. The only thing was he wasn’t sure if he should.

“What’s left to say?” He sighed and turned around to face her.

“I didn’t mean it, I swear.” Her voice was shaking, “I want to be together with you.” It was the truth, she wanted to, though her mind told her not to, but she knew there was no point in fighting her heart. It would probably be broken again, most likely when she told him about herself but at least she had to try.

“Then why do you keep pushing me away?” Michael asked.

“Because it’s easier that way. My life had been… I don’t know how to describe but it wasn’t nice. And talking about it hurts, I need time to trust people and you have to accept that. That’s part of who I am.” Sydney explained quietly, “And if you want me, you have to take that part too and we have to go at my pace.”

“Okay.” Michael nodded and came closer to sit down on the side of her bed again.

“I need time, it’s not going to work otherwise. We have to take it slow.” Sydney whispered, not looking at him. She was happy he came back but she still wondered if he really was okay with it, with taking it slow.

“I’m sorry for pushing. I’ll wait okay?” Michael pulled her to him and kissed her softly on the top of her head.

Sydney nodded and looked up into his eyes, seeing that he really meant it.

“Can I ask you one question?” Michael asked carefully, “It’s not about your past, I promise.”

“Okay.” Sydney agreed.

“But promise not to yell at me.” Michael said, smiling weakly.

“I won’t.” Sydney promised while laughing lightly. It felt good to laugh again, after what had happened and it also seemed to lighten the mood of both of them. Neither was as tensed as before and Sydney was feeling comfortable around him again.

“I wanted to ask you…” He glanced at the door, nervous if he really should ask. Maybe he wouldn’t like the answer. “Who was that guy that came by the other day?”

Sydney was surprised by him knowing about Tyler coming to visit, and also scared that he might find out about them. She didn’t want to lie to him again, not after what happened before, but it really was the only way out of this.

“Why? Jealous?” She joked and gave him a smile.

“Why? Should I be?” He challenged. “Is he your…Boyfriend?” The word stung his heart.

“Why would you think that?” She was going to try and be honest, at least a little. “No.”

“Good.” He let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. “Um…” He realized she probably knew he was jealous, even though he was not her official boyfriend, yet. Or was he? He probably had to talk about that with her. But not now, later. “Who was he then?”

“Just a friend.” She felt time turning backwards to the first fight they had about this same topic, her not being completely honest.

“Are you gonna kiss me again?” He asked, seemingly out of the blue.

“What?” She was shocked that he was being so forward.

“Last time, I seem to remember you lying, then you ended up kissing me.” Michael grinned, “Well and on other times.” He added, grinning even more.

“Was it that bad?” She flirted.

“No, not at all.” Michael flirted back.

“And who said I was lying this time?” Sydney raised her eyebrow. She knew she was going on dangerous terrain but she couldn’t stop herself from asking.

“He seemed a bit too young to be a friend of yours.” Michael answered.

‘Damn it’ Sydney cursed herself. She should have thought of this. Maybe this time she should tell him the truth. It couldn’t hurt telling him who Tyler was, could it? She didn’t have to go into too much detail.

End.

JK. TBC>...
and we leave you hangin. muhahaha. QUOTES and we might update Wednesday! or sooner... depending on you....

Is it her SON?

Ignore my wild speculation.

OR IS IT?

I am wired.

Anywho, excellent chapters!

Please update soon!

:woot:

-I'm glad he didnt leave..and that they worked things out!! :smiley:
-I hate your little endings!! :P
-Great update! Thanks for the pm!

“Then why do you keep pushing me away?” Michael asked.

“Because it’s easier that way. My life had been… I don’t know how to describe but it wasn’t nice. And talking about it hurts, I need time to trust people and you have to accept that. That’s part of who I am.” Sydney explained quietly, “And if you want me, you have to take that part too and we have to go at my pace.”

“Okay.” Michael nodded and came closer to sit down on the side of her bed again.

“I need time, it’s not going to work otherwise. We have to take it slow.” Sydney whispered, not looking at him. She was happy he came back but she still wondered if he really was okay with it, with taking it slow.
Be CAREFUL, he will only wait so long??!!

Are you gonna kiss me again?” He asked, seemingly out of the blue.

“What?” She was shocked that he was being so forward.

“Last time, I seem to remember you lying, then you ended up kissing me.” Michael grinned, “Well and on other times.” He added, grinning even more.

“Was it that bad?” She flirted.

“No, not at all.” Michael flirted back.

“And who said I was lying this time?” Sydney raised her eyebrow. She knew she was going on dangerous terrain but she couldn’t stop herself from asking.

Syd, just tell him the truth whatever it is and while your at it TELL US TOO :smiley:

‘Damn it’ Sydney cursed herself. She should have thought of this. Maybe this time she should tell him the truth. It couldn’t hurt telling him who Tyler was, could it? She didn’t have to go into too much detail.
Yes, telling him something about yourself, other than your name, would help out the relationship!!

Great update, the suspense is KILLING ME!! (n) Can't wait for the next chapter

Great update.. but I need answers.. Who is Tyler to Syd and what's so bad about her past that she can't tell Vaughn?

Can't wait for more

Thanks for the PM

truth takes time.....now where have i heard that before???
i'm eager to find out more about this tyler guy
thanks for the pm
shelley :blush:

Back