Smile on the Outside

I know there are some fan-fics that deal with Sydney and Vaughn in high school, but I thought they didn't really have it from an angle like this:

All the things that happen on Alias are really happening to all the characters, except they're in high school (let's say, they're juniors...so about 16-17 years old)
So everything has happened, but just 10 years earlier.

I'll post a chapter very, very soon (within the hour I should say)

Anyone interested in reading this?

Chapter One

“As the runners come around the final turn, in looks as though Satellite’s Sydney Bristow is going to sprint to victory!”

A striking young girl of about 16 with long brown hair, sensitive brown eyes, and a muscular physique shot past the other runners with the speed and grace.

“Bristow has done it! The junior adds her third state title in the 5k and a new Florida state record of 17:57:37!!”

Sydney paused for a moment to wave to the stands before jogging a victory lap. From the center of the field she could see a man in a black suit. That’s weird. She thought. It’s over 80 degrees out, what is that guy thinking?

-

“Honey, I could not be more proud of you!” Laura Bristow gushed over her young daughter. “You blew everyone away.”

Sydney nodded toward her mother, “Where was daddy?” She already knew the answer, though.

“I’m sorry sweetie, he got called in. He really wanted to be there. You know that.”

“No, actually, I don’t know that. He hasn’t seen me run an event since I was in 7th grade. I have three state titles and a state record and he still thinks all I do is run around in circles for fun.”

“Sydney, you know that isn’t true.” Laura reached over the kitchen counter and took the cordless phone off the cradle. “Call him and let him know the good news.”

Sydney forced a smile, took the phone from her mother’s outstretched hand, and went upstairs to her room. She opened the door to her bedroom at the top of the stairs, and stepped inside. Sunlight streamed in through the partially opened window, and Sydney walked over and opened the shades the rest of the way. She pulled her sweaty t-shirt and sports bra over her head, and took off her tightly laces sneakers and loosely fitting track shorts. Then she put her arms over her head and rolled her stiff neck, letting her thick hair down from it’s messy bun as her arms came down. With a heaving sigh, Sydney walked over to the sliding door that led into her bathroom, and turned on the shower head. She caught a glance of her perfect body in the mirror as she was stepping into the shower, and she secretly wished she had someone to share it with.

The cool water felt so good to Sydney, and after she felt sufficiently refreshed, she wrapped herself in a fluffy towel, combed out her hair and sat down on her soft, king-sized bed. To her right, she saw the phone she had absent mindedly tossed onto her bed after her mother had given it to her. Sydney wiped her damp hand across her towel and picked up the phone. She quickly dialed the number, and put the phone to her face. The phone rang several times, and then Sydney heard a familiar voice on the other line “Hey, it’s Mike’s cell phone. I’m can't get to the phone right now, but you know what to do….”

Sydney hung up before she heard the beep.

i showed you good eh?? lol...okay, so im just a little bored at the moment
The Carolyn
xox

<<referring to myself as 'the carolyn' is a new thing. it should phase out by the end of the day>>

Looks like you guys get some spoliers! lol.

Carolyn, your little trick will only work this once ;) lol

"MIKE" is NOT Vaughn!!
Two new familiar faces will be introduced.
Sydney is approached by the man in the black suit from chapter one.
There will be a little more introduction type things, but the plot will really get rolling in chapter three!!

Check back soon for Chapter 2!!

okay! come on! you gotta gimme a chapter now!! <<im gunna go get all my alias loving friends to post so you'll have to update!!!>>

Mike isn't Vaughn?
That makes me sad
Carolyn, I would have done the same exact thing, actually, I was thinking about doing it, but then I saw you did it
So, whens our chapter huh???/

Chapter Two

"BEEP!!! BEEP!!!"

Sydney furiously swatted at her alarm clock at 5:45am the next morning.

Note to self, Sydney, remember to shut your alarm off on the weekends.

Sydney decided that she might as well go for a run since she was already up. She willed herself out of bed and walked the length of her large room one of her two dressers. She opened a drawer and rummaged through it to find her favorite red sports bra and black track shorts. She quickly washed her face and got dressed, then went downstairs. Her bare feet made soft thuds as they moved across the hardwood floors. Sydney disarmed the security system from the console in the laundry room, and grabbed her sneakers from atop the dryer. She went out through the garage, and was pleased to find the weather was much cooler than the day before, it couldn't have been more than 70 degrees out. SHe quickly stretched all her sleepy muscles, then began briskly walking down the sidewalk. After a few moments, she broke into a fast jog. She rounded the corner, and before she knew it she was well into her favorite early morning jogging route. She made a left onto Mango Court, and passed her best friend, Francie's house. She continued along the sidewalk through her picture perfect gated community. She exited her neighborhood, and paused to wave at Michael Vaughn, the gatekeeper. A college student home on break, Michael always had friendly things to say to Sydney. She would always find herself having a five minute conversation with him as she punched in her code on her way in and out of the neighborhood. This morning was no different. On her way back after she had run her usual 5 miles, Sydney paused at the gate.

"How are you, Michael?"

"I'm doing great Sydney, I'm glad to be home for a bit."

"How's UCLA?" Sydney inquired. She was very interested in going to UCLA, and hoped Michael would give her some pointers.

"Oh, it's good. How's Danny?" Sydney was floored by the sudden change in conversation.

"He's....fine. Everything's fine." She managed. She hoped she hadn't sounded too rude.

"Oh, that's good to hear. Have a good day Syd." Michael waved to Sydney and opened the gate for her. Sydney felt herself blushing after this awkward exchange. Many people chose Syd as their nickname for her, but for some reason it was different when Michael said it.

Sydney sprinted the extra distance back to her house, and when she walked through the door the aroma of waffles and syrup surrounded her. She loved it when her mother made breakfast.

"Smells awesome, Mom! I'm gonna hop in the shower I'll be right down!" Sydney raced up the stairs, two steps at a time. She threw her clothes to the ground and hopped in the shower. When she got out, she took note of the time. 6:47am.

"Danny stopped by while you were running. He said to give this to you." Laura handed Sydney a manilla envelope. "He said it was for the school paper."

Sydney was editor-in-chief of the school newspaper, and recently they had been doing an expose on a former student. Mike Harrigan, a young, blonde, British student that attended Sydney's quiet, beachy school for one year. Last year just before midterms he mysteriously disappeared. The schools principal, Mr. Sloane, offered little information. Sydney and her boyfriend of 8 months, Danny, were commited to finding out what had happened to this boy.

"Thanks mom!" Sydney replied eagerly. She opened the envelope and was stunned by what she saw.

Mike Harrigan, Mr. Sloan, and Sydney's own father, Jack Bristow, were all sitting down in what looked like a very official, top-secret meeting. There were many other people, none of whom Sydney recognized. Sydney nearly choked on her orange juice.

"Everything okay, honey?" Laura inquired, looking concerned.

"Yeah mom. Everything's fine." Sydney managed. She studied the picture further. By the looks of it, this wouldn't be the last lie she would tell.

Back