Something About His Smile

This is so awesome thank you all sooo much :D I was on vacation so it took we awhile to update sry, but I did spend like an hour on the beach thinking about some cute scenes so I'm pretty excited :angelic:

any ways enough blabbing, I sound like Marshall lol

Chapter 4

Sydney couldn't remember the last time she smiled so much. She smiled in the parking lot, she smiled, through 3 songs on the radio, she smiled as she entered her apartment, and she smiled as she went to the fridge to get a bowl of coffe icecream. Most of the time when Syd brought out her icecream, it was because she was stressed or deppressed, but not this time. This was happy icecream.

She was still smiling as Francie came into the kitchen,

"Hey" Francie said, as she laid a stack of Martha Stewart Fall issues from the past 3 years on the counter.
"Hi" Syd said back and stuck her spoon into the bowl, "Want some?"
"Ha... coffe? I don't think so" she said and Syd laughed and put the spoon in her own mouth. She continued to eat her ice cream smiling to her self as Fran got a sharpie and began circling things in the magazine. When Syd had finished she put her bowl in the sink and sat back down on her stool.
"So, hows party planning coming?" she asked.
"Well I figured we should send the invitations out within the next coulpe of weeks, so we should go shopping mabey tuesday........look at you" Francie said suddently as she looked up at Syd.
"What?" Syd asked looking at her.
"You're like....., ha you got like a glow"
"What?" said she, laughing.
"No really you got this little glow........look at that" Francie was now smiling awestrucken at Sydney.
"I don't have a glow" and even as she said it she knew it couldn't be true, she could feel it.
"So, shopping tuesday, I'm in" she said trying to move the conversation along.
"Great, oh hey so did you find Danny?" Syd's smile faded and she suddently wished she had her ice cream back again.
"Oh... no he uhh,.... he wasn't home" she said stating down at her bracelet.
"Oh..... thats wierd... has he called you?" Syd shook her head
"Its ok though, I went ice skating for the first time in like forever years so"
"Thats cool" said Fran "Oh, I almost forgot the party planner people wanted me to call them back, they say I might get a discount sice I'm catering the party my self"
"Great" she said supportiveley as Fran stood up to go.

When she left syd put her head in her hand and closed her eyesas soon as she did this the image of Micheal scoring that goal the first time she saw him popped into her head, she smiled. He had been so kind, an sweet and they would go to a kings game together, just as friends of corse but she would get to know him.....

The telephone rang which awakened her from this trail of thought and also made her realize, that she had been half asleep. God I'm tired she thought as she reached grogily for the phone. As she answered it though she sounded hopefull, there was now another person who knew her number.
"Hello"
"Sydney?" she was dissapointed at the sound of the voice it had a very strong British Accent to it.
"Hi" she said not sounding as sweet as she usually did, when answeing a phone.
"Sydney, look I'm so sorry I can't come tonight"
"Yeah, I figured"
"I'm just do swampped with school work and everything I lost track of time"
"I understand" she said, now using a voice that she rarley used out side of the spy world. After a few seconds of awkward silence Danny asked.
"Hey did you pick up that book I asked you for?" this actually made her stare at the phone as if she hadn't heard it properley.
"What?"
"That school book, I left you a message...." Syd ney couldn't belive this he had just forgotten about a date and barley apologized and now he was asking her for the book he had left a message for?!?!
"Yeah Danny I did get the book" she harshly"Would you like me to drop it off for you?"
"Oh no, thanks" he said blind or deaf rather to the fact that she was really pissed off right now. "Oh hey how about we do something later and I can get the book from you then?" Syd took a deep breath to keep her self from using her "being interogated" voice and then rather cooly said"Yeah, ok I'll see you later then"
"bye" said Danny who left Sydney listening to the dead tone for the 3rd time that week.

"So I went to the grocerey store the other day, I thought I'd pick a few things up for the party there was a whole Isle filled with different types of candy corn, it was disgusting, seriously I almost gagged"

It was sunday morning and Syd was on her weekly jog through the park with Will. She laughed at his comment.

"So do you know what you're going as?" she asked him.
"Well despite the fact that I think its completeley ridiculous that she's making us wear costumes I actually picked one out, I'm going as Frankenstien" Syd laughed through her patterened breathing. "Real original I know" he said smiling
"How about you?" Syd thought for a moment,
"I might be Alice of Wonderland" as soon as she said this though, her thoughts jumped to Alice Williams, she felt a pang of emotion inside of her, was it jealousy?
"My mom gave me the book when I was a kid, so I"ve always had a soft spot for it" she panted she was getting out of breath, but she could she the bench where they usually took a break. "You ready?" she asked Will.
"Yeah" he said and at the same time they started sprinting, Syd like always eventually pushed a head and hit the bench about 7 seconds before Will.

"Good run" she said after about a minute of heavy breathing. She reached for her water bottle and took a long drink, then handed it to Will. "You too" he said and sipped from her bottle. "So you want to go mile more?" she asked him putting her leg up on the bench stretching it out, she often got tense after running.
"No actually I gotta go, I have to finish a story by 1' I'll see you later though" He said."Ok I'll see ya"

Sydey finished stretching, then pulled out her ipod and set it to shuffle songs, the soothing, yet strong sound of Kimberley Lockes 8th World Wonder started playing it wasn't exactly the best running song but Syd wanted a light jog. As the chorus started she passed another runner and the ear phone cords got tangled with his mini ipod armband, both of them were pulled back.

"Oh geez I'm so sorry" she said bending over to grab the white earplugs that had fallen. As she looked up the face of the man and beamed.
"Hi" he said beaming back.
"Micheal" she said she felt as the insides of her soumache was filling up with air.
"Hi, how are you" she paused her ipod and hooked it back on to her pants.
"Good, fine how bout you?"
"Great" she said. They were no longer in a LosAngeles park filled with hundreds of people it was just them, no dogs, no frissbees nothing just Sydney and Micheal.
"Do you wanna...." she knew exactly what he was going to ask because she had been thinking of the exact thing.
"sure" she said smiling.

"So no class today?" he asked her as their feet pounged along the park's cement path. "Nope I usually have work today, but they haven't called me in yet so I thought I'd get a jog in" It was so easy to talk to him and she also thought it was really sweet of him wanting to know about her school, Danny couldn't even remember wha times she had classand he had know her for over 3 months. Micheal had only known her for a little over 3 days.
"What about you're job, wouldn't they have you working today?"
"They do usually but my partners covering for me"
"Oh really, whats his name?" she asked easily.
"Eric" he replied he looked around at her and smiled, which made her smile which made her speed up.
"Hey, you're pretty fast" he said attempting to match her quicker pace.
"You sound suprised" she said sounding flirty.
"No... it's just" he was smiling but lost for words, this made her laugh.
"You thought because I was a banker that I wasn't athletic" she smiled she knew Micheal ment no harm by this which is why it made it a fun accusation.
"No I'm not suprised.... I was just saying...."
"I know" she said, at the same time they looked at eachother and once again that moment felt so wonderful, they both smiled and Syd thought she even saw him blush."
"I bet I could beat you to the fountain" he said.
"You're on" she said and sprined ahead.
"Hey" he said laughing syd giggled and sped up keeping a long fast stride.
He caught up quickly though and they just ended up running in step all the way to the fountain where they both hit the edge of the fountain at the same time.

They were both breathing hard and smiling at eachother, syd took a drink from her water bottle she could feel his eyes on her.
"Great run" she said her lips shinning from the cold water.
"Yeah, you too" Syd noticed how cute he looked his brow smomewhat sweating.
"Well I'm going this way he said pointing to the left"
"And I'm going that way she said pointing to her right"
"I'll see you later Syd....oh sorry I mean Sydney" She laughed
"You can call me Syd, everyone else does" but this wasn't true only people really close to her called her Syd like Will and Francie. Danny didn't really even call her Syd that much.
"Ok then" he said beaming "I'll see you aroun Syd"
"Yeah" she said her knees feeling weak, "yeah you too"
As he jogged off she watched him go just as he had watchd her go the night before. And as he jogged away he turned around, saw her watching him, and smiled at her. He then turned around and went back the way they came. She then realized that he had come all this way just to jog with her.

Oh god, thought Sydney there really is just something about his smile. She then put the earplugs of her ipod back in and unpaused it in time to hear, just as she watched him jog out of site.

Seven Days and Seven Nights of thunder,
Waters rising and I'm sinking under.

I think I fell in Love with the 8th World Wonder.

Great update. Just need Syd to get rid of Danny and Vaughn to dump Alice and all will be good. Anyone can see they like each other.

Thanks for the PM

OMV!!!! I'm so creeped out by the 8th world wonder thing...ahh!!! Creepola! lol...-happy sigh- well...errr. I dunno what to say... Great chapter!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y) I did.

Thanks for the PM!!!!!

-Nadia :beret: 🤠 :Pirate2:

Great Last two chapters.
Can't wait til the hockey game...
Hope she invites him to the halloween party and gets rid of Danny.
Thanks for the pms.
Update again soon.

They ran together :love:

GRR Danny is so annoying :angry: hes so wrong for her!! (y) Sydney should invite Vaughn to the Halloween party :D that would be fun ^_^

thanks for the pm!!

Thank you all so much, I think you all wil like the next chapter I was gonna wait a little longer but I think you all really want whats gonna happen in the next episode to happen. but I think I'll wait till tomorrow because I just got back from a 7 hour drive and the story writting spirit just isn't in me.....

ok chapter 5 some people just drift apart, others were never meant to be sorry I had to name it that, you'll see why.... later on

Being a spy for the CIA has many aspects to it... the aspect of excitement the thrilling car chases the tension the perfection of timing that must be achived, the terror the things that Sydney Bristow has seen in her life you sometimes imagine if there really are people in this world who could possibly think like that as if they just existed to bring horror to this world, there was of corse the angst coming home to her best friends in the entire world and striving to find a moment where she could bring out the truth to them but at the same time keeping entire part of her life covert. There is one aspect that Sydney had never gotten to experience since she was 19 and that was normality. In her younger years at college she never got to go to a dorm party and stay up allnight drinking enough soda to fill a hot tub. She never got to have her shirt painted at some crazy LA party. She had never gone on a huge shopping spree in her own city carrying so many bags that she would wonder if she could knock a guy out cold then why couldn't she carry bags from SAX. And Sydney Bristow had never sung in the shower, she had always had so much on her mind and thought that multi tasking would realease the stress, she had never actually thought about how fun it is to later Skintimate tropical blast all up and down her legs, she had never really thought about why she had 4 lofas in the shower and then decided to use them all at once, she had never really realized how good her Herbal Essences shampoo smelled as she lathered up her hair, she had never really done any of this,....untill now.

As sydney tossed her head back into her shower head's stream she closed her eyes and smiled. He had blushed when she had smiled at him, he was jogging one way and then went in a completely different direction just to jog with me, she closed her eyes again and pictured his face, his eyes,.....his smile. In fact every time she would shut her eyes she would picture him and if she wasn't so unusually happy with herself, happy with how good the new lights in the bathroom looked, happy with how soft this towel was, happy with the world in general, she may have tried to shake him out of her head, but she didn't.

In fact she was in such a good mood that she didn't change into a proffesional looking pant suit, just in case Sloane did call her in, she changed into jeans and a tank top clothes she loved but rarley got a chance to wear. And then as she entered her bathroom once again she looked in the mirror and decided not to go through the hassel of using the blow dryer, the annoying sound would just ruin this perfect day, she in stead decided to let it air dry. And she even went into her living room and picked up Francies notebook and began to imagine what her BF's perfect party planning had come up with now. After reading along list of cecorations and candy needed, a set up of where the pumkins and bales of hay were being set, and a list of cook book recipes Francie had considered for the pumkin pie. She picked up the paper, normally she sat there and boringly sat there thuroughly reading the front page, but today the front page was about how by 2005 gas prices would reach a high of $2.85 a gallon, pfft like thats ever gonna happen she thought and skipped that section, buisness front page was a continuation of the oil shortage story, real estate was a house around that area which was closing in on a million dollars, sports was about how a NHL coach had been accused of Drug dealing, Entertainment finally caught her eye, Friends, the most watched comedy in America. She was in the middle of reading how delightful all the character are and how each character appeals to people in diffent ways when, Francie came in the door. She was carrying 3 bags from Von's in one arm, a pumkin in another and an enevelope between her teeth.

"oh geez" Syd says as she rushed over and caught the pumkin saving it from smashing all over the apartment floor.
"Thanks" Francie said, enevelope between her teeth rushing over to set the grocery bags on the counter.
"You should have called me I would have came shopping with you" said sydney smiling, this was classic Francie so head strong and determined with her big Ideas.
"Well I would of but you stayed at the park longer than usuall" Francie was now holding the slightly wet, lipstick stained but still in reasonably good shape enevelope in her hand. "guess what this is?" she said waving the enevelope.
"I don't know, what?" she said walking over,
"No come on you have to guess" she said seeming proud of her self.
"I don't know more hockey tickets?" She asked taking a wildly random guess.
"See I knew you wouldn't guess.... because its a miracle you could never guess it"
"Francie can ya just tell me what it is?" she asked laughing.
"This is a letter to me from the party planner saying that if I cater this party 'to our satisfaction' then I will beconsidered for a partnership with the company" she said and did a little happy dance.
"Oh my gosh Francie thats so great" said Sydney coming over to hug her.

"Yeah but I'm assuming their even pickier than you are so you have to sample all of my food, and I'm making you do it right now, cmon missy right now" France grabbed her hand and dagged her to a chair at the counter.

Hanging out with Francie and eating pumkinpie and any other type of party food that was shoved at her, only added to Sydney's wonderful mood, the laughed and smiled, and ate as Americas favorite show played in the back round. After samplin 4 types of, guts of rat lasanya, 7 different pumkin pies, 11 cups of whitches brew, and a whole ton of other stuff even Syd could not keep up with, she finally said.
"Francie you're gonna make all my jogs I've taken in the last month useless" she said beaing at Francie in her pumkin smelling lasanya stained apron.
"Fine will will test taste the worms of earth pudding" She said laughing as she rinsed out pans.
"I gotta get started on my book" said Sydney and went to her book bag to get the newest book her proffeseer had asssingned to her, The Illiad.

Francie and Sydney sat comfortably in their living room, Fracie was slowly Illiminading types of pie from her list Sydney smiled at the 'so serious' look on Francies face as she clicked up and gown on the end of her pen. At around 5:00 the telephone rang, Sydney got up to get it she went around the counter and picked it up.

"Hello" she asked cheerfully.
"Syd" Said the voice which had been ringing in her head all day
"Hey" Sydney was beaming into the phone, this fantastic hello must of caught Francie's attention because, she immeadiately turned around to look at her. Syd didn't notice.
"Syd guess what?" he said in a good-mood voice that was dissapointed about something. She beamed that special beam that only came out around him, him calling her Syd brought butterflies to her stoumache.
"What?" she asked him.
"The Kings game tomorrow, it's cancelled"
"What?" she said again agst by this news, hockey games were rarley cancelled. "Why?"
"The Kings Coach, was accused of selling Drugs to some of the players who are in the hospital right now"
"Oh my gosh..." she said and then remembered something she had seen earlier. "It was in the paper wasn't it, I passed that article I didn't even realize what team it was" this dissapointed Sydney so much she was really looking forward to the game, but she kept on smiling his voice was just so comforting to her.
"yeah it's horrible, I was reallly looking forward to the game" This made Syd blush and look down at the counter.
"They say that they'll refund your tickets for you though, I'll go over there tonight and exchange them" Syd smiled into the phone, it was the sweetest thing anyone had offered to do for her in a long time.
"You don't have to do that" she said.
"Yes,I do, I feel terrible for canceling"
"Its not your fault" she said and there was silence, not awkward uncomfortable silence but, warm healthy goosebump making silence.
"Well I'll call you when I get the tickets" he said.
"Yeah that sounds good" she said into the phone "I'll see you later then"
"Alright, bye Syd" They had both said goodbye but, even after 10 seconds there was no dead tone.
"Are you still there" she asked in to the handset.
"Yeah" he said laughhing "I was waiting for you to hang up" Syd smiled in a hopless romantic kind of way and then said.
"Well I was waiting for you to hang up" she said and giggled.
"Ok then weill hand up at the same time, so it will be fair"
"ok" she said.
"One" Said Micheal
"Two" Said Sydney
"Three" said the both of them at the same time and hung up at the same time.
Sydney looked up with her romantic smile to see Frncie, jaw open staring at her.

"That was it," she said in a matter-of-fact sort of way.
"What was it" she asked embarrased.
"The glow, that was what made you glow all day, whoever was on that phone"
And Sydney knew it, the reason she had been so happy lateley was because of him, he was all she needed to get by with a happy day. He made her feel special, he made her feel confident, he made her feel as if she could do anything that she wanted to, the esteem boost she had been feeling the past couple days....was from him.

And with that Syd turned to look at the picture by the coatrack, she got nothing. No boost of excitement, no smile nothing it was just a picture, and as Sydney stared at this picture she realized something, even in the picure, she didn't look happy she could see it in her eyes, her smile was not the simile she smiled around Micheal, it did not have a glow or a brightness to it, it was just plain, boring, the kind she often gave sloane in the debriefing room. And it dawned on her, this wasn't Micheals fault she and Danny had always been distant, she had never really loved him, she had just tried to convince herself that she did, that there was someone out there for her, and there was but It wasn't Danny. Syd contemplated this. Some people drift apart, some people were just never meant to be.

Off that the phone rang and Syd picked it up.
"Hello"
"Sydney I was wondering, could you dropoff the book for me at the library, I think you grabbed the wrong one the book I actually need is by a diffent Author, so if you don't mind...."
And there was one more thing now apparent but much less deep and consenting, Danny was a jerk!

"Could I get the book for you?" she said as if she was double checking it seemed un reasonably dumb to ask.
"Yeah you can just drop it off the books called..."]
"Ok look" said Sydney interrrupting him, "Yesterday you called to cancel a date you never showed up for, and barley appologize, before that you leave messages asking me about things that never took place"
"Sydney listen to me"
"No you listen to me, this is the problem with you Danny the only person you really care about, is you, have you ever once wondered if mabey I would like you to run any errands for mr, have you ever wondered if mabey there was something that I wanted to talk about on the phone before you hung up, have you ever realized that because I am a part time student with a incredibl important job, that I might need some help some times, have you ever once thought about the fact that mabey I might have wanted to go Ice skating with you or you come running with me, have yo uever once in our relashionship thought about anyone but you?? No you haven't and I won't be your little joke at c***tail parties so people can see how charming Danny must be to have a girlfried who will do anything for him......."
"Syd, I"
"You know what, No it's your turn to listen to the dead tone" and she hung up.

The next morning Sydney sat on a bench on campus. She just sat there staring blankly around at all of the couples, she was thinking about what she and Danny had been missing, and it just came to her, love. They were missing the goosebumps, and the butterflies, and the huge flirty smiles, missing the feeling of happiness about everything when they were on eachothers minds, missing the cosmic moments, no times where he was the only person on her mind. They were missing all of that the passinon, the romance what they were missing was love. And as Sydneys eyes glazed over some one came into her mind someone who she knew that she did share all of theese things with, some one she did share theese things with, someone who was everywhere to her, Micheal Vaughn

Turn it inside out so I can see
The part of you that's drifting over me
And when I wake you're never there
But when I sleep you're everywhere
You're everywhere

Just tell me how I got this far
Just tell me why you're here and who you are
'Cause every time I look
You're never there
And every time I sleep
You're always there

'Cause you're everywhere to me
And when I close my eyes it's you I see
You're everything I know
That makes me believe
I'm not alone
I'm not alone

I recognize the way you make me feel
It's hard to think that
You might not be real
I sense it now, the water's getting deep
I try to wash the pain away from me
Away from me

You're everything I know
That makes me believe
I'm not alone
I'm not alone

I am not alone
Whoa, oh, oooh, oh

And when I touch your hand
It's then I understand
The beauty that's within
It's now that we begin
You always light my way
I hope there never comes a day
No matter where I go
I always feel you so

You're everything I know
That makes me believe
I'm not alone
And when I catch my breath
It's you I breathe
You're everything I know
That makes me believe
I'm not alone

You're in everyone I see
So tell me
Do you see me?

Everywhere by: Michelle Branch

"Alright, bye Syd" They had both said goodbye but, even after 10 seconds there was no dead tone.
"Are you still there" she asked in to the handset.
"Yeah" he said laughhing "I was waiting for you to hang up" Syd smiled in a hopless romantic kind of way and then said.
OMG! :D Sweetnessss! :love:

Loved it

Aly xx :angelnot:

Back