Suwari Tails

Kuzzle

Cadet
Ok, I was just wondering something about their tails... Will they just hang limp ther like a cape or something, or will they wag back and forth? Or, hopefully not, will they just kind of stick there like the tails in CoH/V? Also, how much variety will there be? Will you be able to have a cropped tail?

If there's been a video showing this, I haven't seen it. I also haven't seen any offial statements in regards to this, so... Feel free to speculate.

In the sneak-peek about the Suwari
HEROSHALL.COM
the designer states:
Their eyes are large and wide-set, and their radar ears ever-moving to give them the look of alert intelligence - with plenty of potential for devilry, of course. I've likewise structured their tails not only to be used as an aid to their athleticism, but as a means of expression. Combined, these exaggerated features are highly communicative of a wide range of emotions and character - something I think will be ideal for role-play, and will serve to make the Suwari a very distinctive part of the Hero's Journey world.
So it looks like the tail is going to be rather active, supporting the movement and emotions of the character.

*Bats someone in the eye with his tail* Oh! It was an accident, I swear! *maniacle chuckle* What? What chuckle?

Seriously, though, I apologize about not having remembered that. I suppose this topic could be expanded to include all aspects of Character Creation exclusive to the Suwari... :confused: Man, I suck at this.

Well sometimes this is kinda nice. It seems that reading so many things, some so detailed and invloved, you get too worried. Then a post like this comes along, and makes you realize, you love the little things too. Something this small, if done fashionably well, will bring so much fun and uniqueness to the game.

<3

Yay, if they're focusing on a small thing like tail animation for emotes just think of all the other fun animotes we'll be getting :D

I hope they follow suit after EQ2 as well and give the ears and lips (maybe they'll keep whiskers there for animations as well) some room to emote emotion as well.
During combat, I have little doubt the Suwari won't be the funnest to watch.

Kuzzle, I think we all tend to forget certain aspects of the game after we've read various articles... possibly due to an overpowering of information at one time? we may read article's and focus on one aspect and forget another in the process... Myself, I forgot about the animation they're planning w/ the Suwari tails :smiley:

~ Jaraeth

I think it'll be like FFXI, where the mithra race, which is cat race of that game, swayed their tails randomly back and forth.

Nice work gathering up that info gang. Looks as if HJ is gonna take the tiger by the tail on this one and give us some really sweet character flair to the Suwarai.

Thaos Nightwind said:
Nice work gathering up that info gang. Looks as if HJ is gonna take the tiger by the tail on this one and give us some really sweet character flair to the Suwarai.
That like a samurai kitty? :P

I dont doubt that the cats will be much more appealing in HJ then they were in FFXI. After all, the Mithra in FF where some odd race where only their females adventured and the males... i dont know stayed home and tended to the children, they never really cleared that up.

Hopefully the Suwarai have multiple tails, and tail lengths to choose from, and their tails to animations from waving freely in the air to wrapping around the waise or diagonally across chest or leg. And i am sure the tail will be intereactive while in combat.

I really enjoyed the Mithra in FFXI! They were cute, and cuddly. Seeing the Suwari do remind me of them. However, as stated above, I really do hope that you are able to do much more customization with them. From the whiskers, to the tails. How awsome would it be to be able to customize the tail, the whiskers, the fur length, the teeth, everything!

Awh, it is such a reality. I can taste it.