Suwari?!

Re: Suwari???????!!!??!?!?!

I would rather them take the time to do them right and make sure all the graphic assets are perfect. Better to be done right than to be released without a tail or something like some other games... [cough]Vanguard[/cough].

Yeah.. if they are similar to the Kerra in EQII I'll be happy :smiley: However, I am at a loss as to what race I want to play now in HJ..human and elves just seem overdone :(

Well, I'm a Prydaen at heart, so will be a Suwari at heart as well. I'm sure I'll pick Ilvari probably and hold space on my account for the Suwari as soon as they are released. :smiley:

On a sorta related note, I make myself laugh in DR when I go from playing Naeya (Prydaen empath) to one of my other characters sans tail and try to use the tail verbs.

>tail curl
Silly Human! Your race has no tail!

They're not overdone, they're tradition! If a game didn't have humans, it would make me sad.. And they aren't ELVES per say, they're Ilvari. Magical beings with pointy ears.. Political correctness!

I just figured their culture was Ilvari but they're obviously elfy.
Yeah, even when the kitterpusses were in the game there's really nothing unique about any of the races. So I'm sticking with a human until they get something interesting cooking.

Humans will always show up in some way (even if they're not named as such). There are many reasons why they're in almost everything, but the biggest is that they're us - it provides us with a prime, solid connection between reality and fantasy.

Elves traditionally contain the highlights of what humanity wants - beauty, brains, athleticism. Admittedly, though, a game can do without them if they're creative enough with the other races. It's kinda the route I'm taking in my story - I started with the idea of elves, then abolished them and added something that gives a vague resemblance to them.

And as for the other races - just be creative in what's presented and it'll work fine. :smiley: Cat-people included.

Oddly enough, I think it's the size of the suwari that will determine if I revive Tsuim in HJ. I generally prefer a more human, less cat build to my cat people (FFXI's mithra are my ideal for example) but as long as they're near the same size as an average human and not an average halfling I'm there :smiley:

And please Simu, take as long as you like if it means that ears have expressions and tails can move ^^

And yes, elves are only ever "over done" if you fail to leave your pre conceptions of what an elf is behind and look at each lores pointy eared race as what they are, seperate beings.

Humans will always show up in some way (even if they're not named as such). There are many reasons why they're in almost everything, but the biggest is that they're us - it provides us with a prime, solid connection between reality and fantasy.

Elves traditionally contain the highlights of what humanity wants - beauty, brains, athleticism. Admittedly, though, a game can do without them if they're creative enough with the other races. It's kinda the route I'm taking in my story - I started with the idea of elves, then abolished them and added something that gives a vague resemblance to them.

And as for the other races - just be creative in what's presented and it'll work fine. :smiley: Cat-people included.

You really make me think I should write Antegea's Antonoment one of these days..

Yes, I'm without elves in my imaginary book.. I never really thought about it being that way because of them being over-used, though. It was just like that because everyone was actually a mutated form of a human. I believe people shouldn't be afraid of containing the classics. They're classics for a reason.

I think I know of more stories with dwarves than elves really, and no one complains about them.. The reason being, I think, because there's more people out there that say "I want to be an elf.." than "I want to be a dwarf.." All in the popularity since popular has somehow began to turn into "uncreative". Then again, that may just be the people around me and my town isn't really known for being creative in the first place.

Dwarves, humans, cat people, lizardmen, demons, gnomes, orcs, and something Trog-like... They're all becoming sort of like standards to the fantasy genre. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean a little spin can't be put on them and I think the ilvari have just enough spin to be considered ilvari before elves.

I really wish dog people, bird people, centaur, and minotaur were more common. Love those races. So many cats tho'?

Their /greet could have something about sniffing butts. -snicker, waits to get edited cuz it's the cool thing to do-

Your posts, and anyone else's, will only get edited when deserved. Don't give us a reason and moderation will not be necessary. Simple fact.