Suwari

DOAM said:
I've seen all the stuff... it's great. But I'm willing to bet that a human is still going to look mostly like a human, an elf an elf, a gnome a gnome and a dwarf a dwarf.

I don't mean to tell you what you have and haven't seen, but the races as I have seen them are not preset pickable models as it sounds like you seem to understand it.

In all the videos I saw, character creation uses a three pointed field. Each extreme point represents a basic set of physical shape attributes. Example, if you put your marker all the way at the Human point you look entirely like a human. If you put it halfway between Elf and Dwarf you get a gnome. If you put it somewhere kind of closer to Dwarf than Elf, you get a more dwarf-like character. If you leave the pointer in the center you look kind of inbetween all the different humanoid races.

It is most definately not preset looks for anything. If you want a half elf who looks almost entirely elvish, hey, no problem. Or one that looks really human works too. Or a halfling that is a bit more like a dwarf in stumpiness. Or perhaps a leaner halfling with more human features. Or even a hint of elvish, although perhaps not too much.

~Dune~

That sounds interesting. I was expecting more of a choose your race and it shows you some either random or preset character then you get to customize from there. Kind of like in EQ2 only a heck of a lot more complex.

I don't mean to tell you what you have and haven't seen, but the races as I have seen them are not preset pickable models as it sounds like you seem to understand it.

In all the videos I saw, character creation uses a three pointed field. Each extreme point represents a basic set of physical shape attributes. Example, if you put your marker all the way at the Human point you look entirely like a human. If you put it halfway between Elf and Dwarf you get a gnome. If you put it somewhere kind of closer to Dwarf than Elf, you get a more dwarf-like character. If you leave the pointer in the center you look kind of inbetween all the different humanoid races.

It is most definately not preset looks for anything. If you want a half elf who looks almost entirely elvish, hey, no problem. Or one that looks really human works too. Or a halfling that is a bit more like a dwarf in stumpiness. Or perhaps a leaner halfling with more human features. Or even a hint of elvish, although perhaps not too much.

~Dune~

You sure that's how it's going to work? Because that sounds nothing like this: HEROSHALL.COM

Creations such as that have you pick "human" then randomly grabs various human settings. Or does a preset "package" of human variables. Then you morph it to various degree's.

Not to mention that they've said there will be a "random" button, for character creation. I highly doubt you'll get human arms, gnome legs, and a dwarf body.

You could probably make a somewhat chunky and stubby gnome, but I don't think you'll be able to make them look like a dwarf.

Dune is correct. And no he doesn't mean a human with dwarven legs and elven arms. That's just silly. You would get a properly proportioned person for the racial mix that they are. A random generation could come up with a 2/3 human 1/3 elven mix- that doesn't mean 1/3 of their body is elven, it means their features are a proportional blend. Though you will still choose your race, you are free to make your character look a significant amount like the others.

The screen capture you link is, in fact, just the morphology tab.

Yes, the sliders. It is indeed somewhat like Oblivion in terms of specific body part measures and whatnot, but the overall racial look is, as far as I've seen from actual videos hosted on Hero's Hall, determined by the three point system.

~Dune~

I remember them saying - shortly after the Suwari-Incident, which was long after the newest of Videos - that there would be six Races on Release: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and the three corresponding Halfbreeds (they gave them Names, but don't ask me). I also feel like they stated directly, that the free Racemixing was gone, but the Play.net-Forums ate the Post...