Politics Tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissa said:
I'm gonna be a teacher and I'm sure my boss would love me having three tattoos showing. Last year in my personal finance class a guest speaker came in and told us when we go to a job interview we should cover the tattoos and extra holes in ears nose ect… where you might have an earring. They don’t mind with girls with two holes in each ear, but they frown upon anything more then that. I know I know that was a little off topic. :eek:fftopic: But I thought it was a good place to throw it in.
Yeah, that's the thing that sucks. You're going to have to take out your piercings and stuff. One of my old teachers had a tattoo on her ankle showing (it said UCLA in case ya were wondering...and yes, she was a diehard UCLA fan), and i had an english teacher last year who had an eyebrow piercing but took it out because she didnt think the administration would like it.

Merging Tatto Topics....

ETA:.. Or maybe not... :blink: wtf? :blink: what happend to that poll? :blink:

--Mandy :angelic:

my social studies teacher had two tattoo. (that we could see for the matter) ankle...arm...they were really ugly though. some kid kept asking her what they were, and we kept guessing...then she was like, "It's a gang tattoo." Then we stared at her funny.

someone else said our 7th grade ss teacher had a tattoo also, but i'm not too sure about that...she bent over and for once she didn't have her shirt tucked in. eh...i don't know for sure.

i don't think I'll be getting anything on my arm or ankle...beach goers and guys only. don't need my boss seeing em...

Alias_Girl_624 said:
Moriel said:
Sarahmañana said:
Tattoo's are illegal in oklahoma...you have to go to another state to get one...  :blink:
wtf? that's just wrong.
no kidding!! lol that's just stupid!!
I mean if you're going to make something illegal, at least have there be a reason :rolleyes: I would never move to Oklahoma anyway, but still...

Moriel said:
Alias_Girl_624 said:
Moriel said:
Sarahmañana said:
Tattoo's are illegal in oklahoma...you have to go to another state to get one...  :blink:
wtf? that's just wrong.
no kidding!! lol that's just stupid!!
I mean if you're going to make something illegal, at least have there be a reason :rolleyes: I would never move to Oklahoma anyway, but still...
LOL i mean it's oklahoma ... although wisconsin sucks too lol
but we haven't got any stupid laws like that!!!! :blink:

I like tatoos , I have 2 myself , but I agree , you have to really think about it before you do it , coz it's meant to stay forever.

So you have to make sure you won't regret it. I don't!!! ;)

ya, tats are ok - keep in mind there supposed to be permanate. pretty hard to remove. anyone have a really original one? i'm thinkn about another.

thier awesome on some people but on others im jsut like gross. anyways yeah it should be lowered to 16. anyways yeha i heard it hurts like ****. anyways peace

~Dark One~

I think tatoos are kind of cheesy but the ones that really get me are the ones that women get now on their lower backs, right above their butts. I think that makes them look really hoish and cheap. -_-

I've done some rethinking and come to the conclusion that basically tatoos should be saved for bikers and the military and possibly gang members. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few other deserving groups like prison inmates, but you get the idea. If you want to live the life and be deserving then get a tatoo but don't be some yuppie wannabee with 50 bucks in his pocket and go straddle your body in japanese writing you saw on a fortune cookie somewhere. It's just silly and I promise you when your old enough to be responsible for your thoughts, you will regret what you've done.You'll look at yourself then the way the rest of the world's looking at you now;with foolish embarrassment. If you're going to put something on your skin I'd recommend soap and water. Stay away from the ink little ones.

i have two tattoos, a butterfly on my lower back and tinkerbell (yes, tinkerbell!) to the lower right of my navel. i want to get a chinese letter (i'm chinese. i'm not getting it because it's all the rage.) at the nape of my neck and an outline of hello kitty's face on my ankle. and later on, i'm going to add on to my butterfly tattoo. tattoos are so addicting. and it's definitely an experience. but it's true, if you want to get a tattoo, make sure it's something you're going to like for the rest of your life. unless you want to spend a load of money to get it removed. but yeah, some people really go overboard with their tattoos and you can't even see them underneath. but it's just a way to express yourself.

I have 5 tattoos, and on my way to getting many more.

1. Got my first one when I was 16!
2. My right arm from the elbow up is FULL. It's a massive tribal piece with some celtic knots woven into the middle of it with flames shooting upwards towards my shoulder.
3. Then I have 6 letters on the back of my neck (special meaning to me, wouldn't make sense to you)
4. A small tribal piece on my left arm with my husband's initials written in there (he has the same tattoo with my initials)
5. My husband and I also have our wedding "rings" tattooed on our fingers.

I don't regret ANY of my tattoos, and I think it's safe to say that I never will since it's going on 10 years since I had my first one. My husband and I have been separated for a year now and neither of us regret our 2 matching tattoos. For me, every tattoo represents a certain time and place in my life and I like to have those memories forever etched on my skin :Punkrock:

My next tattoo.... the Rambaldi symbol on my hand, like the one Anna had :D

If you want a tat, GET ONE! Be warned though, most people get addicted to ink.

EDIT: Can someone tell me what's with girls and wanting to get butterflies, flowers, hearts, etc... inked onto them? Be original ;) :P. Personally, I've never wanted to get a cliche "girlie" tattoo. No offense :smiley:

to me, a butterfly or flower signifies life...

i'm not doing it to go along with the croud, ya know.

but after 5 minutes of re-consideration, i'd rather have the rambaldi symble tatooed on my upper back or between my thumb and index finger :mellow: i'm serious, too. not kidding....

this obsession is taking over my life :mellow:

Alias_Girl_624 said:
i'd rather have the rambaldi symble tatooed on my upper back or between my thumb and index finger :mellow: i'm serious, too. not kidding....
I wasn't kidding either. I'm totally gonna get that done (y)

Warning to Girls Who Want a Tattoo on Their Lower Back

You might want to reconsider especially if you are planning on having children later in life, if you have a tattoo across your lower back - doctors will not administer epidurals (the pain medication many women use to deliver children more comfortably) because the epidural needle will go through the tattoo ink. My sister told me this and it was something I never thought of...

I still want a tattoo but I dont know if I will ever get one. I think I want a four-leaf clover somewhere... a tiny one maybe on my hip (although I'm worried what it would look like after I have kids or maybe on top of my foot which I realize will probably hurt like no other but... I saw a girl with a butterfly tattoo on her top of her foot and it looked awesome!

[quote name='Sydney's_Kidney' date='Jan 20 2004, 02:49 PM'][quote name='Alias_Girl_624' date='Jan 20 2004, 02:45 PM'] i'd rather have the rambaldi symble tatooed on my upper back or between my thumb and index finger :mellow: i'm serious, too. not kidding....[/quote]
I wasn't kidding either. I'm totally gonna get that done (y) [/quote]
didn't think you were ;)

awesome. lol. at camp my friends and i took perminant markers and gave eachother tattoos, i had the rambaldi symble on my back (it was super huge too lol!)

haha i just put the rambaldi symble on my hand in pen! :lol: i'm the worlds biggest dork... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back