The DaVinci Code Discussion

Okay, first off I have to admit that I was a bit wary about this book, as I tend not to read thrillers, but after reading it there's really only one thing I can say.

WHOA!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

This is a brilliant book, I could not put it down, well except for half an hour to watch Dr Who, but anyways, I found the characters interesting, the twists both unexpected and believable within the context of the story. The pace and flow of the story was such that I never became bored or tempted to skip ahead.

Importantly, for me at least, while the overall tone of the book was somewhat serious, the author never took it too seriously, inserting several lines that were extremely funny without seeming gratuitous or out of place.

Basically, I enjoyed this book immensely, and am going to recommend to anyone in search of a good thriller.

Cheers,

Froggy

PS, I want to see a Rimbaldi cryptex in Alias, badly.

I loved this book! All the codes, and everything that they had to get through to figure everything out.

Mostly all the stuff about The Last Supper had me rivited. I had to go look at it myself, and you can totally see what they're talking about!

Just a great, great book. Totally worth the read

I can say WOW! as well, i agree, it'd be cool to see a cryptex on Alias, I had a few of those 'I knew it!' moments throughout the book, wow :smiley:

omg! there was a special on tv about it!

i read the book over the summer so (naturally) i watched the show.

they kept trying to find evidence of mary magdalene but nothing could be found.

o well. brilliant book, tho!

Incredible Book. I loved it. I am not usually a person that goes for religious based novels but this one was so much more. It had me rivited from beginning to end. The last supper sequence was really amazing too. I also had to look the painting in front of me to see if the person beside Jesus was Mary Magdeline (can't spell of the top of my head)

Last night my step dad recomend that I read this book. All the books that he recomends to me turn out to be my favorites. I will start reading it as soon as he gives it to me. ^_^

My friend told me this book was good, but I was a little hesistant about getting it. It sounds really interesting from everyone's opinions so now I think I'm going to get it.

That's good you're thinking of getting it, I actually got it from it being nominated here :lol: as I subsequently saw it at the shops a few weeks later.

I love this book, it was riviting and good, and it got me intersted in the eniire subjects he discussed, especiall DaVinci and Mary Magdaline, Its an amazing book and has jumped to the top of my favorite books list...

Back