The Things That Can Never Be

*Hey*

Oh my gosh!! I love your story! It my favorite story right now. Can you add me to your PM list??? *Thanks* ^_^

*HaNnAhBaNaNa*
:angel2:

I am at my mums work and she keeps asking me what is wrong because I have tears rolling down my face. I am soooo glad you are continueing this. Please continue for a long, loong, loooooooong time. It is fabulous. Thank you sooooo much for the PM. Thanks for writing an excellent and emotion packed story. I love this sooo much.

OffTopic: It's my birthday tomorrow! Yay I am finally a teenager! The big 13.

mv4me said:
I am at my mums work and she keeps asking me what is wrong because I have tears rolling down my face. I am soooo glad you are continueing this. Please continue for a long, loong, loooooooong time. It is fabulous. Thank you sooooo much for the PM. Thanks for writing an excellent and emotion packed story. I love this sooo much.

OffTopic: It's my birthday tomorrow! Yay I am finally a teenager! The big 13.
dur! lucky! I dont turn 13 until the end of June! ahh! everyone is older than me!

oh em gee! i think this is the best story i've read so far!!! i love it through vaughn's point of view.. and he's so sad. you write really well, makes me want to cry. :( but i love it! can't wait for the next part!!!!

this is one of the best f fics!!! I love how you put the story through vaughn's perspective!! thnx for the pm please please please continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lara

PART 6

Leave the train station and climb back into your car. Remember that you told Sydney you’d call her, and flip open your cell phone. For some reason, her new number is on speed dial. You’ve never called it before. But it would have been weirder to not have her on speed dial.

She answers with a half breathless “hello.” You love to know that you caught her off guard. Usually she answers the phone so poised. Or maybe you didn’t catch her off guard. Maybe she was half out of breath because she was anticipating your call. You like that idea. In fact, you like it so much that you almost forget to say something. Don’t flatter yourself too much. “Hey Syd, it’s me.”

Arrange to be at her house at six. That will be perfect for the little plan you’ve devised. You don’t know exactly what you’re going to say to her yet. But that’s okay. You have a few hours.

You back out of the parking space before wondering where exactly you’re going to go. There’s no way you’re going to go back to your house. It doesn’t even feel like yours anymore, so why should you spend unnecessary time there? In an instant, you know where you want to go.

After weaving in and out of light Saturday afternoon traffic, you arrive at your destination. Walk along the pier, stand at the same spot you did the first time you saw her cry. The first time she grabbed your hand and held onto it, using it to anchor her firmly in the reality of her life. Stare into the deep color of the shaded ocean as if you can make her lost beeper resurface. Remember how she threw the unoffending piece of technology with so much raw emotion. Remember how the same arm that packed so much power would later hold you so gently.

There’s so much for you to remember, so much that you’ve been forcing yourself to forget. Only now, it’s rushing back to you so fast that it’s overwhelming. And now you want to forget the past few months, how badly you treated her. But of course you can’t forget that. And you know she won’t be able to either.

It hurt you so much, trying to push her away. How do you swallow and ignore that kind of chemistry? The kind that sparks at any kind of thought about her. The first time you were short with her, the look she gave you stabbed straight into your heart. But it was no fault but your own. What were you thinking? Did you really think it was going to make things any easier? Of course, in hindsight, you can ask yourself all this. And now you have the chance to make everything right. Don’t mess this up.

PART 7

Six o’clock rolls around and you’re standing in front of her apartment, waiting for her to answer the door. You’re about to bare your soul to her, but strangely, you don’t feel nervous at all. Maybe it’s not so strange. It just feels right. Why shouldn’t it? Even though you’re technically still married, the woman you really love is just a few feet away, and finally, you are going to tell her how you feel. Years of wrong will finally be righted.

She answers the door, and you can tell by the look on her face, she was expecting you. Her eyes sparkle, the earlier tiredness completely gone. You haven’t seen her eyes sparkle like that in a long time, and it takes your breath away. Just stand there silently until she smiles, exactly the way she did when you found her at the destroyed SD-6 office the day after the Alliance was taken down. “Hey,” she says.

“Hey,” you say, still breathless. Just stand there for a long moment, taking in her beauty in the semi-light. Notice how she’s gazing steadily back at you. Finally break the moment by taking her hands. “Lets go for a walk.”

She breaks away from you. You panic a little, wondering what that means, as she rushes back inside. Laugh at yourself a little as she returns quickly, her key in hand. She closes the front door behind her and locks up. Watch her hands intently, as if what she’s doing isn’t a mundane, everyday act. She turns to face you and takes your hand in hers.

Notice how when you walk with her, it’s not awkward. Sometimes when you walk with someone, it’s weird, because you have different walking tempos. It’s not so with Sydney. Everything, even your walks, fit together perfectly. As you linger over the thought that, with her, everything is perfect, the sharp, salty smell of the ocean hits your nose.

You’ve arrived at the perfect time. The sun is starting to begin its fiery descent into the horizon. The ocean is an explosion of reflected reds, oranges, and yellows. “Wow,” Sydney says, awed. You nod in silent agreement. This is better than you could have hoped. After a moment, she tears her eyes away from the brilliance to look at you. “So why are we here?”

This is it. The big moment you’ve built up in your mind. Everything, ever since that fateful October day you first laid eyes on her, all of it comes down to this. Turn to face her. Take a deep breath. And go. “Syd, I know I should have said this a long time ago, and when I wanted to say it recently, you wouldn’t let me. But there’s nothing left to stop me now, so I’m going to say it. And you have to know I mean it, absolutely. I love you.”

Wow, that was so good. I love the way you're putting them back together. Thanx for the PM and update soon!

S/V

Back